Console & Mobile News: Wii U Release and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well
CG does all of the development work for Terraria Mobile - with guidance from 505 and from us (through 505). Just to be clear.

505 *IS* on point for QA, Customer Service, Distribution, guiding that development work, etc, etc. as the publisher.

But yeah, in the end, that is correct. Not one single person wants these issues to arise or these free updates to be delayed - noone is more frustrated than the folks working on them...but that is how game development goes sometimes.
Well, excuse my error, I was under the assumption that 505 did most everything that came with the mobile version
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mistakes happen

Well

Well, excuse my error, I was under the assumption that 505 did most everything that came with the mobile version
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mistakes happen

Yeah, no worries - wasn't trying to come down on you or anything, was just clearing up some confusion. :)

I remember a time where I encouraged the developers, and the admins, to keep up the hard work.

That was a long time ago...

I want to be excited for the Xbox update. But truth be told, I haven't played in many months because it's too damned disheartening to rarely receive an update. When you do get them, it's never in it's entirety and remains bugged until the next big update.

What happened to that sincere message apologizing for screwing the console's pooch nearly a year ago?

There were promises of frequent updates and catching us up to the PC version yet we haven't budged an inch since then. All the while, terraria is being released on more and more platforms with the very patch we've been waiting for, in its completion, for a year.

I think I gave up on you guys when the mobile version caught up to counsole at a breakneck pace. I think they may have even surpassed consoles now.

I'll keep on watching for updates and hopes that one day I'll get to play the game that everybody else seems to be playing. In the meantime, I'll go back to playing some AAA games. It's a shame, that. I love indie games.

Same here. I haven't been playing either. Been waiting for it to catch up.

Pc got another update and we got nothing as usually.
#enginesoftwareshouldgotfiredforscrewinggameandnotreleasingupdates
You relize that, like the admins said, It takes way longer to make a Terraria Console update then it does to make a mobile update so dont blame it on the development team for console for not putting out updates, They are likely still working on it (Ps. Its get not got )

Re-logic = Original Developers for the game. PC version.

505 Games = publisher for console versions/mobile versions

Engine Software = developer for console/Vita versions

Codeglue = developer for mobile/3DS versions...

remember this..remember it well before you thrust your e-torches and e-pitchforks at the wrong group.

It's still their responsibility. Re-Logic hired 505, who couldn't keep a promise to save their lives and craps all over fans who already own their product to push out new ports and prioritize projects that will line their pocketbooks. They in turn hire Engine to handle all of their console ports but don't give them enough money to hire enough programmers to do so. Engine, in turn, prioritizes Terraria: Otherworld because they, too, crap on current fans and prioritize new projects for more money.

It all starts from the top. If you hired a company to build a house, and they turn around and hire someone who barely knows what they're doing, and it takes them a year longer than they said it would, had a gas leak, and was missing a wall, would you not be upset at the guy you hired? They should have hired someone who could actually get the job done right and on time.

So we have every right to blame Re-Logic and 505, not just Engine. Especially when it's clear not a single one of them care about their console or mobile fans; we're just cash cows who have already been milked with lies and broken promises.

Codeglue only works on a small part of the mobile, I don't know what, but its not the multiplayer. 505 is in charge of the rest of the content, quality control, and marketing. Its not exactly fair to blame the party that had such little part in the making of a game that was developed mostly by the larger party, whom I know have had past experience with developing games

Cough that one Cats and Dogs game that I saw at Target cough

Look, you can blame them all you want, but that isn't going to make the updates come out faster. Just give them time. Sure the wait may be "unbearable", but you'll have to bear it anyways. Just, move onto another game and check back here every once in a while. You may be surprised what can happen. Besides the fact, 505 has to go through hundreds of bug reports so they can find out what was going on, and how to fix it. Just. Be. Patient. Yelling and whining and screaming and crying isnt gonna help, its just creating another metaphorical zit on 505's face
fine ill wait...............................................
Squidwardheaddesk_zps54088388.gif
this is taking forever!

Engine, in turn, prioritizes Terraria: Otherworld because they, too, crap on current fans and prioritize new projects for more money.

Can I see the work logs, time sheets, and financial documents for that? Cuz it would be pretty interesting to see where you are getting that information!

So we have every right to blame Re-Logic and 505, not just Engine. Especially when it's clear not a single one of them care about their console or mobile fans; we're just cash cows who have already been milked with lies and broken promises.

Can I see the work logs, time sheets, and financial documents for that? Cuz it would be pretty interesting to see where you are getting that information!

I'm not sure whom exactly you are referring to, but please point them out to me so that I can have "the talk" with them - because I have not yet encountered these horrible cash-grabbing fiends in my day to day work during my time at Re-Logic. As I suppose I would be included in said "group" you are calling out, I can patently call your claims false and wholly without a shred of merit.

I mean, its a fun rage-filled story - but its resemblance to the truth is passing at best. I get it - everyone wants their update, they want it now, and they want it perfect. Taking the delays and unforeseen mishaps - and even legit mistakes - that occur along the way and turning that into accusations and implications about the character of the people working every day on things is a few bridges too far...but hey, everyone is entitled to their beliefs, I suppose. /shrug

That said, I'm certain everyone is of the desire to make things better and faster....and I'm confident that movement will continue - partially because the people you seem to think do not care will never stop pushing for it to be so. ;)

It's still their responsibility. Re-Logic hired 505, who couldn't keep a promise to save their lives and craps all over fans who already own their product to push out new ports and prioritize projects that will line their pocketbooks. They in turn hire Engine to handle all of their console ports but don't give them enough money to hire enough programmers to do so. Engine, in turn, prioritizes Terraria: Otherworld because they, too, crap on current fans and prioritize new projects for more money.

It all starts from the top. If you hired a company to build a house, and they turn around and hire someone who barely knows what they're doing, and it takes them a year longer than they said it would, had a gas leak, and was missing a wall, would you not be upset at the guy you hired? They should have hired someone who could actually get the job done right and on time.

Ahh yes, insult the developers, I am sure that will want to make them update this game that I personally believe to be the greatest game of all time. So sure insult the devs, that will make them think that the fans like the game and want to make good updates. Not to mention probably never programming in your life, and if you have getting everything right. I personally have programmed, and something that you think cod take an hour, might take 2 weeks...

Edit: please don't take this badly, I just want to point out that they made an extremely well made game that deserves time to update.

I know everyone around here throws around the "experienced programmer" card around here, but yes, I DO have programming experience. My first job in the field was converting old C++ programs into SQL; "porting", you could say. It was mind-numbingly boring, yes, but not particularly hard or time-consuming. Something any competent programmer could do: All the math and information was already done for you, you just had to use a different programming language to do the same thing.

Which is why I don't understand why it takes an entire year for us to get the complete 2.4 update, and why it took an entire year to get the complete 2.3 update. Sure, 2.4 introduced new UI elements like vanity accessory slots, but 6 months to do that? I'd have been fired on the spot if it took me that long to figure out a UI issue.

Yes, Terraria is an amazing game, one of my favorites. I've had the PC version since before hardmode was even a thing, and I even supported Starbound when Redigit decided he was done with Terraria after 2.4 and wanted to move on to better things (thank goodness he changed his mind and he and Re-Logic decided to work on 1.3). But that doesn't mean fans who put money down for a console version (I love the portability of the Vita) should have to wait 6 months between half updates and a year to get a complete one. And it CERTAINLY doesn't excuse having a save-corrupting bug for 6 months that wasn't even acnowledged until the december patch rolled out (along with a 3DS version with full parity, which was obviously more important than working on a hotfix and putting it out). And that was after the promise that they'd completely redone their QA team and would keep us better informed of issues. Now we have a Wii-U version with full parity scheduled to be out around the same time as the patch we were promised back in Q1. If you say that didn't take time and programmers away from the patch for the existing versions, I'll call you a liar right to your face.

The simple truth, and one that no one bothers to deny (though they're very good at deflection, so they do have some PR training) is that projects that bring in more money, like new ports with full parity, get priority over free (but nonetheless promised) updates that won't make them a dime.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to make money; that's the entire point of a business. But alienating your customers hurts you in the long run. You lose future sales and build a reputation that your word doesn't mean anything and future products will have the same delays and issues that your current products do.

Anyway, I've ranted long enough. But if one fan's advice means anything: don't make promises you can't keep, but if you do say you're going to do something, then stick to your word.

Last edited:
console players should be happier than mobile players because codeglue gave mobile all of 1.2.4 but they focused on content meaning mobile got a crappy, glitchy, laggy game in exchange so mobile is not ahead of console. technically console players are better off. whilst getting 1/4 of 1.2.4 they have got a game that actually works.

you must be able to understand the anger (which doesn't need to be pointed at certain groups) as the windows phone version has been out of action for pretty much half a year, by now could you not have re-released the original version before it was broken

you must be able to understand the anger (which doesn't need to be pointed at certain groups) as the windows phone version has been out of action for pretty much half a year, by now could you not have re-released the original version before it was broken
I understand how frustrating the situation with Windows phone is trust me. The re-logic team is just as frustrated and is doing everything we can to get the issue resolved.

An interesting way to look at it is:

It is like a hairstyle, it takes time to get the "ideal" style to show off to everyone.

So with that, I am patient enough to say it is obvious what I am awaiting. :dryadtongue:

Frustrations aside, there is always a someone understandably not so patient. Can't expect everyone to be calm, but one does attempt to do so. It is great in waiting when so many things out there to keep at least me occupied in the meantime. :dryadsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom