Console & Mobile News: Wii U Release and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
it goes from the Devs to QA, if QA passes then it goes to Cert testing through the various companies in charge of Xbox and Playstation or Nintendo etc and then if that passes they give us a date

@505Games Is there any way tp change your resolution in android phones like making it with tablet resolution because I will connect it with my tv. Is there any way? If there is? Thank you in advance.

As we have repeatedly told you - we completely understand the frustration with the delays.

What we do not get - and what we will not tolerate any further - is your daily repetition of insults aimed at Engine and you calling for their removal. We've heard all we are going to allow from you on those points. You've had your say (and more), now please stop it.
Damn shots fired just joking

Hi everyone~:D

What do you think about add a " custom world " on psvita?We'll be able to choose wich biome ( like jungle,sub jungle etc ) can find in our world and other stuff.
It would help on the RAM issues of psv...or not at all,my knowledge about this,is very low but if our world have less stuff on it,is better maybe.If i want a world where there isn't snow biome,i can make it for example.

Ok.. So on May 5th they told us that they're now in the QA stage. That was almost 4 weeks ago. How long does it usually take for this stage to turn into the releasing of the update?
It always takes forever not only must they test there big fixes and the added stuff but they must test all other items and features so the larger the game the longer it takes

Well, I for one am alright with being patient, as I got the mobile version the first time around 1-2 years ago, and I never even thought that we would be here, 1-2 years later, with the mobile version where it is now, or with my 3DS playing Terraria with my bro, so thanks to everyone who is or ever has worked on any version of Terraria.:happy:

Well, I for one am alright with being patient, as I got the mobile version the first time around 1-2 years ago, and I never even thought that we would be here, 1-2 years later, with the mobile version where it is now, or with my 3DS playing Terraria with my bro, so thanks to everyone who is or ever has worked on any version of Terraria.:happy:
well 1.2.3 came out early June so I think the update will come out over the next 2 weeks. Surely Engine Software and 505 Games wouldn't make us wait a year for all of 1.2.4

GUYS!!!!

Why all the harsh criticism all of a sudden? The devs have presented us with content that will be a FREE update with the game after months of work, and everyone here is suddenly calling them all jerks who only care about the money? If I have ever seen a team who cares about their fanbase, it's the people behind Terraria - for ALL the systems.

Why can't we all just be happy that there ARE still updates instead of being so entitled? THey don't have to do this. They could just leave Terraria in the dust and work on Otherworld instead - but they have been updating this game for YEARS without us having to pay an extra dime for the new features!

I, for one, am excited to see all the new features and bugfixes with the new update, and will also probably also purchase Terraria for the Wii U at some point. Keep up the good work, Terraria dev teams, and always remember the silent majority that loves your game and plays it for hours thanks to your hard work! We don't always say it on these forums, but we are very grateful for your efforts.

GUYS!!!!

Why all the harsh criticism all of a sudden? The devs have presented us with content that will be a FREE update with the game after months of work, and everyone here is suddenly calling them all jerks who only care about the money? If I have ever seen a team who cares about their fanbase, it's the people behind Terraria - for ALL the systems.

Why can't we all just be happy that there ARE still updates instead of being so entitled? THey don't have to do this. They could just leave Terraria in the dust and work on Otherworld instead - but they have been updating this game for YEARS without us having to pay an extra dime for the new features!

I, for one, am excited to see all the new features and bugfixes with the new update, and will also probably also purchase Terraria for the Wii U at some point. Keep up the good work, Terraria dev teams, and always remember the silent majority that loves your game and plays it for hours thanks to your hard work! We don't always say it on these forums, but we are very grateful for your efforts.
You have a point but do you seriously think that 1 year is an acceptable ammount of time for an update 6 times smaller than 1.3

You have a point but do you seriously think that 1 year is an acceptable ammount of time for an update 6 times smaller than 1.3
If that is the time that we must wait for some quality content, then yes.

And I KNOW that they have produced quality content like they have for years (for free, by the way).

You see, I understand that it IS a long time, a long time indeed - but they have 5 consoles to port this thing to! Not only that, but, like what was mentioned before, porting isn't just a copy-paste job. I'm no expert, but I know it must require work (which would explain how new bugs are created that have not been seen on the pc ;)) to create a port to a new system.

Another thing to keep in mind is that they have been going through some internal changes recently that we don't know much about - and I am sure that the process of these changes has probably temporarily slowed things down.

All I am trying to say, I suppose, is that we should be grateful for what we are being given for FREE instead of going on a forum and ruining people's day after they worked on a project for MONTHS only to find out that people are impatient and greedy and just somehow expect them to make something perfect in a tiny amount of time. I also realize that the 1.3 update will take a very, very long time - possibly a year or more - but if we wait patiently, we will definitely get some fantastic content.

If that is the time that we must wait for some quality content, then yes.

And I KNOW that they have produced quality content like they have for years (for free, by the way).

You see, I understand that it IS a long time, a long time indeed - but they have 5 consoles to port this thing to! Not only that, but, like what was mentioned before, porting isn't just a copy-paste job. I'm no expert, but I know it must require work (which would explain how new bugs are created that have not been seen on the pc ;)) to create a port to a new system.

Another thing to keep in mind is that they have been going through some internal changes recently that we don't know much about - and I am sure that the process of these changes has probably temporarily slowed things down.

All I am trying to say, I suppose, is that we should be grateful for what we are being given for FREE instead of going on a forum and ruining people's day after they worked on a project for MONTHS only to find out that people are impatient and greedy and just somehow expect them to make something perfect in a tiny amount of time. I also realize that the 1.3 update will take a very, very long time - possibly a year or more - but if we wait patiently, we will definitely get some fantastic content.
I am grateful and if this was 1.3 we were waiting for I would still be hyped but think about it, 1 year is probably almost how long 1.3 took to get to pc. Don' t get me wrong Terraria is a great game and I am not angry I'm just trying to get my point through that these update are taking a bit of time. Delays make it even worse too, to the point that people aren't even hyped anymore, many people are frustrated at how long these updates are taking. When people make angry messages on the updates the developers make promises and everybody thinks they are making excuses. This has gone on for too long now. I dont think many people share your views anymore. No offence. Pc has gotten 1.3 and 1.3.1 between June 2015 and now. It is June 2016 now and we have gotten most of 1.2.3 and half of 1.2.4, do you notice the gap between the updates and do you see why so many people are angry?
EDIT: Also doesn't saying that these updates are free sound like another excuse. Lots of people are starting to think that 505 Games just wants to take our money:sigh:
One more thing I dont think mobile users are very happy, they are stuck with an unplayable game and have been for 6 months. I acctually can't imagine any game company doing that to their fans. I think mobile users have a reason to be angry at codeglue

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for 1.3.1. Hang in there everybody. %:sigh:

As for current news, yay for updates!

What the console version really needs is more bosses like the Lunatic Cultist, all the Pillar bosses, etc. Also, maybe even a couple of Yo-yo's. Wouldn't you fellow Terrarians agree?

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom