Console & Mobile News: Wii U Release and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why they are so focused on bug fixes ive been playing on console since 1.2 and the only bugs I've come across are graphical bug and even THOSE are rare
[doublepost=1465021064,1465020868][/doublepost]
Exactly how is 505Games doing this?

Are they sending you bills for the updates? Do they require you to link a credit card so that they take money from you every time you play?

This accusation has no basis in reality, IMO.
I think he may mean that you buy the game do everything that you can on that specific platform and just no more updates or anything
[doublepost=1465021306][/doublepost]From what I hear from people in this comment section QA testing takes forever and I must say how many people are working on QA testing cause it sounds like maybe 2
to 3 people

I don't know why they are so focused on bug fixes ive been playing on console since 1.2 and the only bugs I've come across are graphical bug and even THOSE are rare
[doublepost=1465021064,1465020868][/doublepost]
I think he may mean that you buy the game do everything that you can on that specific platform and just no more updates or anything
[doublepost=1465021306][/doublepost]From what I hear from people in this comment section QA testing takes forever and I must say how many people are working on QA testing cause it sounds like maybe 2
to 3 people
I was actually stating what other people were thinking, based on their comments when I said that I wasn't accusing anyone of trying to take money I was simply saying "Thats what some people are starting to think"

This isn't 1.3

I know this isn't 1.3 but what I'm getting at is that the console version needs more bosses and weapons because I completed every boss in like a week. I know there is different difficulties but it doesn't change the fact that we need more content.

I know this isn't 1.3 but what I'm getting at is that the console version needs more bosses and weapons because I completed every boss in like a week. I know there is different difficulties but it doesn't change the fact that we need more content.
And we will, (hopefully) in a few weeks.
At least in regards to items.

Why does it cost 29.95?

Unlike PC, console/mobile prices are not set solely by the developer/publisher - nor are the cross-platform comparisons that people like to do (i.e "It's only $10 on PC") taken into consideration at all. Rather, the console manufacturers typically look at "comparables" and then price accordingly. For Wii U, let's make a safe assumption that they used Minecraft as one of those: $29.99 as well.

All that said, taking a broader view....
In fact, if you look at the pricing of Terraria against what would be considered its main "comparable" - Minecraft - across the board, Terraria is more or less the same or REALLY close....with one exception: PC - where Minecraft is substantially more expensive.

This, of course, creates the usual pricing comments we see here about how "overpriced" the game is on everything but PC. Is that truly the case, or is PC underpriced in the context of the information above? Just because we at Re-Logic choose to not increase the price of the PC game as it has grown (the MC model), that doesn't invalidate how the rest of the industry operates - nor does it devalue any platform that the game is on. Put another way, if we raised the PC price to match MC, does that suddenly make all of the other prices fine?

Sorry for rambling. :p

Unlike PC, console/mobile prices are not set solely by the developer/publisher - nor are the cross-platform comparisons that people like to do (i.e "It's only $10 on PC") taken into consideration at all. Rather, the console manufacturers typically look at "comparables" and then price accordingly. For Wii U, let's make a safe assumption that they used Minecraft as one of those: $29.99 as well.

In fact, if you look at the pricing of Terraria against what would be considered its main "comparable" - Minecraft - across the board, Terraria is more or less the same or REALLY close....with one exception: PC - where Minecraft is substantially more expensive.

This, of course, creates the usual pricing comments we see here about how "overpriced" the game is on everything but PC. Is that truly the case, or is PC underpriced in the context of the information above? Just because we at Re-Logic choose to not increase the price of the PC game as it has grown (the MC model), that doesn't invalidate how the rest of the industry operates - nor does it devalue any platform that the game is on. Put another way, if we raised the PC price to match MC, does that suddenly make all of the other prices fine?

I actually think you sell PC Terraria in way too low prize

I understand what you mean. Thanks for telling me why it makes me understand it a lot more. Still getting tho lol

Goddamit Nintendo.. Looking at the eShop, Terraria, release date 09.06.2016. Still not released yet :/

Oh I am although I have work in like an hour. I didn't even know if you guys submitted to cert testing yet. There was no word out as to if you did or not but I'm glad you did.

First thing I found regarding Minecarts is that they fly a bit too high now BUT you got both versions uniform now at least so no big deal. You had the Ps4, and PS3 versions acting correctly in the last update and it was only the Vita version that I found the gravity bug with. Otherwise I'd roll back on it now.

I haven't seen any graphical bugs with vanity accessories yet so I'll let you know in the future if I do. I'll be on more later today so I can see the new stuff.

Yeah, the PS4-version so far seems solid. Great job :)

Edit: Still no Wii U-version tough. Could be timezone related etc. GMT+2 (summer time GMT+3) here.

Last edited:
Yay, eShop got updated and Terraria on Wii U released. Downloading now :)

Edit: Seems to be OK. A bit too much "zoomed in", when playing on the gamepad. Not a big issue for me personally tough.

Last edited:
Wii U version seems to be out in Europe.

I was going to buy it at release but Super Metroid was on sale and now I have 17€ on eShop...

Oh well, some other day then.

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom