Console Update Live Aug 26, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now game on this update slow down and crash 4 times on my ps vita.

My one world is unplayable. Game run i think 5 FPS...

Seems the MiniTwins' projectiles now work correctly which is great.

As far as slow down they can't do anything about that at this point. As far as Ocram I think he should be buffed on Old Gen as well. At least that much. Make him competitive since most post 1.2 content can murder him easily. Don't get me wrong. Ocram is pretty cool as far as design goes but lacks enough power to take out most players sporting 1.2 endgame content..and now we've received the Razorblade Typoon which utterly destroys him..even moreso if you use the Golden Shower on him or Ichor potions with melee.

that's what I meant. They're good now.

Regarding slowdown for some reason you get more slowdown with the more background walls you have built. I noticed this on my 1.2 Castle world. I'm not sure if it's just because you built that much or that it's the animated things you've built in the world too. Will do some experimenting with it.

I looked closely. they fixed it. I'm not sure about Xbox version but they did fix it on PS3,PS4 and Vita.

nice. I wonder what these buffs will be for Ocram on current gen though. I'm hoping for a completely new form or something. I hope they make him as difficult if not more than the Moon Lord.

I'm thinking something like wormholes considering the various new sprites they'll employ from 1.3. All I can guess is that it's gonna be of epic proportions. I hope they tease us like Relogic did before Plantera was announced..with a blacked out version of Ocram's new possible form. I actually wanna see it. I wish it could be a thing on Old gen too but I guess we'll have to wait.

Well I doubt copying the damaged save will help, looks like a secret setting, because i created a new character and it had the same problem.
Also, I think the update changed the background (again).
IMG_20160827_182335800.jpg IMG_20160827_182353596.jpg

Good day, Terrarians!

We’re pleased to announce that the next update on PlayStation and Xbox consoles is due for release on the morning of Friday August 26. We’ve been sat on approved patches for some of the versions for a couple of weeks now, but we wanted to line them all up to release on the same day to avoid the unintentionally-long date split seen in the previous update. As previously mentioned, this update’s main purpose is to close off a few irritating bugs and make some quality of life improvements. Some highlights:

• Various edge-case crash bugs fixed
  • Stability in multiplayer games improved
  • No more crashes when renaming chests; chests function correctly in network games
  • Slimer achievement now unlocks
  • Rebought items can be reforged
  • Many fishing issues fixed
  • New levers actuate correctly
  • Spectre set bonus working correctly
  • Dragon, Spectral and Titan armour now craftable with Titanium
  • Tizona, Tonbogiri and Vulcan Repeater now craftable with Titanium
  • Elf Archer no longer immune to cannonball fire
  • Flairon, Sharknado glitches resolved
  • No longer autobuy first item from a Merchant
  • Items no longer auto-equip when you don’t expect it

Please remember that this stability update is planned to be the last update on Xbox 360, PS3 and PS Vita. We regret that this will disappoint some of you, but it’s a necessary step to be able to unlock the full potential of console Terraria and not be held back by the older hardware. There will be a long wait for the next update on PS4 and Xbox One as we work hard on delivering the full 1.3 update early next year. Old gen players can look forward to attractive upgrade offers to join us in 1.3 on new gen – we look forward to seeing you there. In the meantime, old gen platforms will continue to be playable online and off, they just won’t receive new content or be able to cross play with current gen consoles. Nintendo players: we’ve not forgotten you! Expect an announcement on the next updates on Wii U and 3DS soon – today we’re only talking about PlayStation and Xbox, but rest assured there is good news coming imminently there. Not only will Wii U be fully caught up with the other console versions, but we’ll be confirming one of the most requested features is coming to 3DS. Thank you for your continued support, and we’ll be checking in on TCF to answer any questions.
[doublepost=1472346434,1472346239][/doublepost]
Good day, Terrarians!

We’re pleased to announce that the next update on PlayStation and Xbox consoles is due for release on the morning of Friday August 26. We’ve been sat on approved patches for some of the versions for a couple of weeks now, but we wanted to line them all up to release on the same day to avoid the unintentionally-long date split seen in the previous update. As previously mentioned, this update’s main purpose is to close off a few irritating bugs and make some quality of life improvements. Some highlights:

• Various edge-case crash bugs fixed
  • Stability in multiplayer games improved
  • No more crashes when renaming chests; chests function correctly in network games
  • Slimer achievement now unlocks
  • Rebought items can be reforged
  • Many fishing issues fixed
  • New levers actuate correctly
  • Spectre set bonus working correctly
  • Dragon, Spectral and Titan armour now craftable with Titanium
  • Tizona, Tonbogiri and Vulcan Repeater now craftable with Titanium
  • Elf Archer no longer immune to cannonball fire
  • Flairon, Sharknado glitches resolved
  • No longer autobuy first item from a Merchant
  • Items no longer auto-equip when you don’t expect it

Please remember that this stability update is planned to be the last update on Xbox 360, PS3 and PS Vita. We regret that this will disappoint some of you, but it’s a necessary step to be able to unlock the full potential of console Terraria and not be held back by the older hardware. There will be a long wait for the next update on PS4 and Xbox One as we work hard on delivering the full 1.3 update early next year. Old gen players can look forward to attractive upgrade offers to join us in 1.3 on new gen – we look forward to seeing you there. In the meantime, old gen platforms will continue to be playable online and off, they just won’t receive new content or be able to cross play with current gen consoles. Nintendo players: we’ve not forgotten you! Expect an announcement on the next updates on Wii U and 3DS soon – today we’re only talking about PlayStation and Xbox, but rest assured there is good news coming imminently there. Not only will Wii U be fully caught up with the other console versions, but we’ll be confirming one of the most requested features is coming to 3DS. Thank you for your continued support, and we’ll be checking in on TCF to answer any questions.
Wait, I understand that no new features are coming to last gen, but the least you could do is fix the last of the prevailing bugs? Why can't u do that, the software can handle a few more bug fixes, right guys?

Engine Software no longer handles the console versions. anything after this update would be a decision of 505 and their new studio. I haven't found anything game breaking yet but so far it's been more stable on Vita.

So umm, you guys are still able to release updates to last gen right? Cause the spectre set is still broken, bosses don't give out any damage ... Sparks? And normal enemies seem to only have a low chance to set one off, and I mean ONE. Also the effect is quite transparent to the PC version, barely noticeable I say.
So uum when is this gonna get fixed or has the cords been cut for last gen?

unfortunately no. no more updates for last gen. The only way we would get more updates is if Pipeworks somehow took over last gen as well but we know they aren't going to considering they're busy with current gen 1.3

My PS3 died and have since switched to the far superior PS4, but I'm still pretty mad that last gen don't get any more updates. They left it with plenty of bugs, some of them being ther since 1.2, such as the mentioned BoC glitch, yet they can't be bothered putting out a couple more updates? Every bug they fix another appears, they fixed the spectre set bonus and they broke it at the same time. Bugs are the Hydra of console Terraria.

I also have many questions regarding the 1.3 update.
-The comparison shown makes the screen look very small. It's hard enough already to see what you're doing, this looks barely visable.
-What will split screen look like? The aforementioned screen size would make it unbearable to look at.
-What would it look like running around in your inventory? How can you use both at once?
-Why haven't you showed us any spoilers like you said you would?
If anyone from Pipeworks sees this, please take it into consideration and show us what we would see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom