Console Update Live Aug 26, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
SDMG is in console edition but at this point it's not by any legitimate means.
I'm not sure why they already added it into the game's files - 1.3 isn't even out yet for consoles, making it more than unobtainable normally, as you can't fight the Moon Lord yet.

They already patched the glitch you could use to get it. Even if you really wanted to get it now you'd have to wait til 1.3 comes out on current gen or just play PC version and beat the Moon Lord to get it. I'll tell you though it's no easy task.

They already patched the glitch you could use to get it. Even if you really wanted to get it now you'd have to wait til 1.3 comes out on current gen or just play PC version and beat the Moon Lord to get it. I'll tell you though it's no easy task.
Hold on, I need some explanations...

Why does the Moon Lord drop a Dolphin Gun (S.D.M.G.), a Cat Sword (Meowmere), a Confetti Cannon (Celebration), and a YoYo (Terrarian)?

What do ANY of those have to do with the MOON?!

well for now they have nothing to do with console but...

SDMG is a reference to the game "The Edge of Space", Meowmere is a Nyan Cat reference, the Confetti cannon..well idk and the Terrarian is a result of collab between Relogic and One Drop Yoyos

well for now they have nothing to do with console but...

SDMG is a reference to the game "The Edge of Space", Meowmere is a Nyan Cat reference, the Confetti cannon..well idk and the Terrarian is a result of collab between Relogic and One Drop Yoyos
I guess I'm gonna have to do a lot of research on the Celebration in that case.

Done. It's because it's the hardest boss in the game (arguably) and you will probably want to "celebrate" afterwards.

Probably not the case, but I'm not a Dev, so I wouldn't know.

Terraria is filled to the brim with references. check the tooltips on all the items. For example..the original grappling hook had "Get Over Here!" as it's tooltip. This is a reference to how Scorpion uses his roped kunai to spear enemies to drag them in shouting "Get Over Here" all the while. The Zapinator on the 3DS version is a direct reference to the NES Zapper Gun for games like Duck Hunt.

I knew about those two already.

I guess the Brain of Cthulhu is a possible reference to the final boss of StarFox 64, which is also a giant brain that also has eyes orbiting it that must be killed before being able to damage the boss itself.

The Portal Gun is an obvious reference.

The Enchanted Sword and Arkhalis are a reference to the Sword in the Stone story.

There really is a ton of references, if you look hard enough.

Really? We aren't going to address the rest of the bugs before adding new content? It's disheartening to have reported so many and not have them addressed.

Its good to hear 1.3 coming out for the new gens. There is some hardware in there that are most likely required for 1.3 to work, considering the amount of content that the update has in itself. Can't wait for it and good job with the bug fixing!

this update did something to the way grappling hooks work. Just spam the bat hook on an angle then launch yourself (unless its only on ps vita).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom