Console Console Update Timing

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the rest of 1.2.4 is taking this long I dread to think how long 1.3 will take.

*singing to myself*
And I've been to the year 3000'
Not much has changed but console terraria has new banners
And that great, great great new feature,
Ain't added yeeeet

Little did we know Busted predicted the date of this update for consoles.;)

I can't tell if this is a joke or not....I wouldn't call this a gory game in any sense of the word ;)
I know right? First day I got on TCF I saw someone's post saying that every time a kid is around that they can't play Terraria because they think it's too violent. I look at the post and I think "Ummmmm...What?".

Will There Be An Option To Turn Off Blood/Gore
:cslime::lslime::yslime::gslime::islime::bluslime::pinky::pslime::rslime:
That was added to the PC version in 1.3.

I can't tell if this is a joke or not....I wouldn't call this a gory game in any sense of the word ;)
Whether you consider Terraria violent/gory or not, this is an oft-requested feature. The 'bits' that fly around (and lie around) after dispatching an enemy is referred to in the game code as 'gore', and is apparently disturbing to some players and/or their parents. It's a valid concern, whether it applies to you personally or not.

Any ideas on if and when we can see the ability to MOVE our save files from the Xbox 360 version to the Xbox One version?

I mean, MS are pushing out lots of backwards compatible games now, so it cannot be rocket science anymore. The structures are evidently in place.

I mean, MS are pushing out lots of backwards compatible games now, so it cannot be rocket science anymore. The structures are evidently in place.

The whole "backwards compatibility" dealio on the Xbox one is actually an emulation. You insert your old Xbox 360 game disc (like gears 3) and it takes you to a screen where it says it's downloading an 'update' for said game. This 'update' that is being downloaded is actually an emulated version of your 360 game off the store.

That being said, Microsoft's new emulation is a completely different system to any ability to transfer saved games

That being said, Microsoft's new emulation is a completely different system to any ability to transfer saved games

Yeah, it is. They do, however, go hand-in-hand as part of the greater experience.

You put your save file in the cloud and it works on the Xbox One emulated version of the game. Now, that explains the emulated versions, sure, but the more complicated issue of transferring the 360 data into workable Xbox One data is probably a bit more complicated. That said, it has been done on several games to my knowledge. It would've have happened a lot more too if more developers put the effort into their "HD remasters".

As far as we're aware, the Xbox One version is a port of the Xbox 360 version with a certain amount of changed coding for Xbox One. For a niche title like this, one would imagine that you'd want to retain as much of your audience as possible, especially on a platform that is dominated by Minecraft (in this genre). Putting in the effort to allow players to move their save data from one console to the other should be mandatory for games like this. We're not exactly getting a discount on the Xbox One version for owning it on 360 either.

Furthermore, as I said earlier, a system (of sorts) is in place and I don't see Terraria increasing in popularity on consoles given how this feature is lacking. There's no point paying again for the game on a different console AND having to start over! Give the people who paid for your game last gen, and started all of their worlds last gen, some reason to pick the game up again on the current gen.

It's a necessary feature as it practically doubles your money for returning fans. Instead, you drop the ball and lose your audience. The longer you wait, the less people are going give a rat's :red: if you EVER do it! And future products? Yeah, you'll be the guys that only "sorta kinda supported their game, but every update was riddled with bugs and they wouldn't even allow people to move their saves between gens".

You may be a small studio, but it's been years and you don't cultivate a loyal fanbase by ignoring them. Do what you want with mobile, because that's obviously where the money is at now, but people will remember your failure to deliver on consoles. It's just that most have given up and moved on and are utterly indifferent to anything you do anymore.

So, :red: it!

@Ephidel, admittedly I don't own Terraria on Xbox One so I can't test this for you personally, but as far as I'm aware, moving saves from Xbox 360 to Xbox One was added in the December/January update.

Here is a link mentioning this:
https://support.505games.com/suppor...r-my-terraria-data-from-xbox-360-to-xbox-one-

Additionally, a video showing a brief tutorial on how to do so:

I hope that is what you are looking for. :)

Was this mentioned on this site? I'm pretty sure I've been checking the patch notes posted on this site and maybe I just missed it. :/

Thanks for the update though. This is exactly what I wanted to know. I uploaded everything to the cloud back in November, so this should work next time I'm on my Xbox One (still got to download Dead Space before the 15th).

Hopefully Terraria will get a discount on Xbox One soon and I can get more of my friends back into it too. You know, I've had Rise of the Tomb Raider since launch and I still haven't played it. I just... lost interest after seeing the "Season Pass". >_>

Was this mentioned on this site? I'm pretty sure I've been checking the patch notes posted on this site and maybe I just missed it. :/

I'm not quite sure; I know it was mentioned as being a work in progress at some point, but I haven't found the specific announcement of the feature.

Hopefully Terraria will get a discount on Xbox One soon and I can get more of my friends back into it too.

That would be nice! I'm not quite sure how Microsoft/Sony determine when they want to do sales though, I think the ball is pretty much in their court on that one.

This update is going to be great!!!!!!!! Will bugs such as the "Glass wall layers" and the Zephyr Fish having to replace another pet in order to spawn?

@Ephidel, admittedly I don't own Terraria on Xbox One so I can't test this for you personally, but as far as I'm aware, moving saves from Xbox 360 to Xbox One was added in the December/January update.

Here is a link mentioning this:
https://support.505games.com/suppor...r-my-terraria-data-from-xbox-360-to-xbox-one-

Additionally, a video showing a brief tutorial on how to do so:

I hope that is what you are looking for. :)

It was added but there were problems with some 360 saves getting corrupted and not working. I personally got 1 character and 1 world transferred before a lot of the issues came about. I was not able to get any more moved after mid January 2016. 505 games did mention that there was a know issues and that they were working with Microsoft to resolve it. Hopefully in the next update it will be fully resolved so I can finish moving my worlds. PS3-> PS4 works like a charm although I only moved 2 characters :p)

Update:
Thread: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-console-bugs-issues-status.38291/
Xbox One & Xbox 360:
  • Xbox One-Xbox 360 Cross-Saves not working properly: UPDATED INFO -
    We have narrowed down the Xbox 360/Xbox One cross-save issue to an interaction between Terraria and systems on Microsoft's end. Microsoft has been great in working hand in hand with us to get things up and running just as soon as possible - stay tuned!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom