Console Console water physics different from pc

OddGirl

Dungeon Spirit
I play pc solo but with the 1.3 update to console I've been playing that more since I can play with my family. I was rebuilding a farm from pc in my console world and noticed that the water duplication glitches we use on pc ( pouring over staggered blocks, through a long zigzag path) end up with a loss of water. Just wondering if any one of you super smart people have noticed the same or have methods that work on console that end up with a net gain or breaking even?

It worked for me, but with an odd twist: I waited for ages and nothing happened, so I left it running while I did something else. The map even showed it as not full, but when I went back to check in "person", it was full to the brim.

Leave the area for 5 minutes with the pumps running and see what happens.

It worked for me, but with an odd twist: I waited for ages and nothing happened, so I left it running while I did something else. The map even showed it as not full, but when I went back to check in "person", it was full to the brim.

Leave the area for 5 minutes with the pumps running and see what happens.

Which method did you try?

Which method did you try?

Basically a small version of this, but with only the outermost tiles, as the central ones just recombine the liquid (I don't know why people do it).
ojnxb.png

Basically a small version of this, but with only the outermost tiles, as the central ones just recombine the liquid (I don't know why people do it).
ojnxb.png

Thanks for your insight. I tried this version and the zigzag and you were right, especially with lava it seemed a bit more delayed in getting the returns on duplication. Volume also seemed to play a big factor but then again, maybe I was just unaware of a minimum on pc for it to work. I'd call myself a confident dabbler only :dryadgrin:

Ps. I did discover bubble blocks aren't able to be walked through (glitch they'll fix obviously but it confused the crap outta me, thinking I had the wrong block, at first)

ojnxb.png
Can you put a screenshot showing exactly what you did and not refering to this with modification, please ?
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom