Constant Disconnections in 1.4.0.4

Pavu

Terrarian
I'm trying to play with a group of friends but when I try to join their server I constantly lose connection. Some days it will work fine, other times it will take over 50+ tries to join. Once I join the disconnects happen anywhere from immediately to a few minutes in. There is nothing wrong on my end as far as firewalls or internet issues are concerned, everything works fine outside of Terraria. The issue happens when I try to join other world's with other characters as well. Nobody else that I'm playing with has issues connecting to the other worlds. Does anyone know how this can be resolved? I have tried verifying game files, reinstalling the game, restarting the game/PC/router/Steam, joining with different characters, joining different worlds, joining other players on the world (not the host) via Steam.

Also when I verify game files, Steam says 1 file is missing and will be reacquired, but it doesn't seem to mean anything. It doesn't actually reacquire anything (verifying again gives the same message) and my friends have also all done the same thing and gotten the same message, but their connections to the world are fine. Verifying game files after reinstalling Terraria also gives the same message.

Back
Top Bottom