Other Contact specific mod makers and see about integrating their mods into the base game.

S'AraisVanu

Terrarian
Some of the pre-existing mods for Terraria are pretty damn good. Maybe you should see about contacting them, implementing their mods into the game, and maybe hiring some of them onto the development team to help with future updates?

This would be a good testing bed for the Steam Workshop integration. Re-Logic can whitelist specific mods into the Voting Queue, and the best ones that people vote on will be integrated into the baseline game (you can still download them individually if they're not accepted.)

This would allow for several "Community Expansions"

Some of them are self-contained (like Crystilium) and shouldn't pose much problem with being melded into the code. Others edit existing things and might be difficult to work with.

This would not work. For every person that wants to see a mod included, there'd be people who don't want the mod added. This would lead to a backlash against the mod author(s) and Re-Logic.

Rather than integrating specific mods, I'd rather Re-Logic add proper mod support. That'd let people pick what they'd like to use and everyone would be happy.

This would not work. For every person that wants to see a mod included, there'd be people who don't want the mod added. This would lead to a backlash against the mod author(s) and Re-Logic.
"Stop liking what I don't like!" in a nutshell

"Stop liking what I don't like!" in a nutshell
More or less, yes. What the developers decide to do with their game is their choice, and players need to respect that even if they don't like it. But integrating mods opens up a whole new can of worms. In addition to what I said previously, if the developers include mods A, B and C, people will complain and pester them to include mods X, Y and Z.

Back
Top Bottom