PC Contemple, THE TRUE GOD OF TERRARIA!(not me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what you are saying is, just cause you have worse resolution, it makes a ridiculously huge impact on your performance. And to be honest, if you would complete him with even worse resolution, then you would proove your point even further.

Not quite there yet, to fight ML, but its easy to test for yourself. challenge expert WoF with your max resolution (assuming you have a big resolution and pc capable of it), then do it again with the lowest resolution (what was that 700x800?) and you'll see a huge difference. And that is, you cant even see WoF before you're standing right in the middle of the hungries.
Atm farming Eoc for the binoculars as i see no other way of doing this, i stand there and get mauled to death or i shoot blind and dont even do nearl

Not quite there yet, to fight ML, but its easy to test for yourself. challenge expert WoF with your max resolution (assuming you have a big resolution and pc capable of it), then do it again with the lowest resolution (what was that 700x800?) and you'll see a huge difference. And that is, you cant even see WoF before you're standing right in the middle of the hungries.
Atm farming Eoc for the binoculars as i see no other way of doing this, i stand there and get mauled to death or i shoot blind and dont even do nearl
He used the sniper scope...
[DOUBLEPOST=1437324638,1437324574][/DOUBLEPOST]
Which disproves my point how?
In a sense that skill defines those people with the actual determination to practice and get good.

So what you are saying is, just cause you have worse resolution, it makes a ridiculously huge impact on your performance. And to be honest, if you would complete him with even worse resolution, then you would proove your point even further.
How do you know? Has there been a study that has taken a fair ammount of people with those great PCs, and checked what percentage of them had completed Moon Lord with such ease?

Not quite there to challenge ML yet... but its easy to test for yourself, assuming you have a large screen, challenge expert WoF... then lower your resolution to the lowest one (what was it? 700x800?) and do it again. You'll notice it makes quite a difference as you cant even see WoF before you're standing right in the middle of the hungries which promptly maul you to death.
Thats where i more or less am stuck right now, trying to farm eoc for the binoculars to be able to see where to shoot to... i could use beenades but meh.

Theres no study and none is needed, the difference is glaring in fact. Not saying its impossible but certainly much harder since your fov is much smaller, giving you less of a heads up and making it impossible to stay out of high danger zones while still being able to see where to aim to.

I first entered this thread thinking "No way. Nobody could do THAT. Not a 100 HP no-defense victory."

Then, I saw that the actual execution of it was humanly doable. At first, I felt mildly disappointed, but then I realized that, hey, you know what? You don't actually NEED cheese sometimes to pull stuff like this off. Just some forethought and some good ol' using stuff to your advantage.

I still enjoy fighting Moon Lord up close, weaving through stuff and using an arena for cover, but nothing ever said this is invalid or unimpressive. Anyone who says otherwise are way too elitist for their own good. "Anyone can" sure, but "anyone" can do "anything" with a good understanding of, well, what it is that they are doing.

I first entered this thread thinking "No way. Nobody could do THAT. Not a 100 HP no-defense victory."

Then, I saw that the actual execution of it was humanly doable. At first, I felt mildly disappointed, but then I realized that, hey, you know what? You don't actually NEED cheese sometimes to pull stuff like this off. Just some forethought and some good ol' using stuff to your advantage.

I still enjoy fighting Moon Lord up close, weaving through stuff and using an arena for cover, but nothing ever said this is invalid or unimpressive. Anyone who says otherwise are way too elitist for their own good. "Anyone can" sure, but "anyone" can do "anything" with a good understanding of, well, what it is that they are doing.
It's unimpressive to me because your hp and defense don't matter if your just going to stay far away and not get hit.
A better title would be 'beating moon lord without getting hurt' which again, really is that hard, it's just dodging, which AGAIN is easy with a bigger fov

It's unimpressive to me because your hp and defense don't matter if your just going to stay far away and not get hit.
A better title would be 'beating moon lord without getting hurt' which again, really is that hard, it's just dodging, which AGAIN is easy with a bigger fov

"It's unimpressive to me if all anyone does is abuse blocks not not get hit."

"It's unimpressive if all anyone does is use MNG and Titanium to not get hit."

"It's not impressive to me unless..."

Come off it. This is the first video of its kind, and you know as well as I do that there's a reason for that. Just because it looks like even you could do this does not mean the credit isn't due for somebody piecing together how to make this work under the restrictions placed.

"It's unimpressive to me if all anyone does is abuse blocks not not get hit."

"It's unimpressive if all anyone does is use MNG and Titanium to not get hit."

"It's not impressive to me unless..."

Come off it. This is the first video of its kind, and you know as well as I do that there's a reason for that. Just because it looks like even you could do this does not mean the credit isn't due for somebody piecing together how to make this work under the restrictions placed.
Are you blind?
I clearly said, unimpressive to ME, as in opinion, if you dont like my opinion,
I.
Dont.
Care.

I give him credit for that, but in the end its a similar situation as with dungeon guardian fights, you kite untill it dies. Its not all that hard to do in the end. Granted the DG does not shoot projectiles but they dont make much of an impact in this case due the huge fov.

In fact, id consider DG fights more impressive still, simply due the fact how absurdly long these take. Shows your endurance atleast.

I think he did good dodging the lasers with rod, but yeah, he had a big advantage. He had a big resolution and the entire world was platforms, but the thing that made it unimpressive was the chloro bullets with vortex beater. I tried to beat him myself yesterday with the Daybreak and (I lost in the end) it was a pain only because I had to stay in view of him or else I couldn't do anything. With Chloro bullets you don't even have to try to aim.

Skill needs practice. So, you are saying that anyone can kill in the same way this man did?

Yes, just about anyone can, if they know the game plan and have a decent musclememory on the projectiles they do have to dodge.

But get this; no Terraria player is super human. There's nothing anyone does that can't be replicated by someone else with an understanding of the plan. Remember how Yrimir was SO COOL for beating Wall of Flesh with waterbolt, and then that more or less became the go-to strategy by the community?

Yes, just about anyone can, if they know the game plan and have a decent musclememory on the projectiles they do have to dodge.

But get this; no Terraria player is super human. There's nothing anyone does that can't be replicated by someone else with an understanding of the plan. Remember how Yrimir was SO COOL for beating Wall of Flesh with waterbolt, and then that more or less became the go-to strategy by the community?
Yep, i also did it. But people need skill to do, and skill still needs practice, or do you think not?

Seeing some of these close dodges made me heart jump a little. Talk about amazing maneuverability. My jaw is somewhere on the floor right now - oh there it is.

That was quite impressive. Yes, playing on high resolution and using the sniper scope and such make it easier, but that's called having a strategy. You couldn't do that without some preparation and a plan.
Now i'll just wait for Yrimir to do that with a copper shortsword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom