Controller configuration not working with Terraria.

Martyn

Terrarian
After a month or so off playing Terraria and using my controller (xbox360) to play Minecraft PC via Steam's The Big picture, I started again to play Terraria and found that the controller configuration was all wrong, and that using the controller options (i.e., custom, playstation, xbox, etc) in the Terraria game had no effect as well.

I am not using The Big Picture with Terraria and have used this controller (Xbox360) before with Terraria and no problems. Now I cannot get it to work. I suspect that The Big picture has done something to the controller and that's why I cannot use it to play Terraria, but how can it do that?

After a month or so off playing Terraria and using my controller (xbox360) to play Minecraft PC via Steam's The Big picture, I started again to play Terraria and found that the controller configuration was all wrong, and that using the controller options (i.e., custom, playstation, xbox, etc) in the Terraria game had no effect as well.

I am not using The Big Picture with Terraria and have used this controller (Xbox360) before with Terraria and no problems. Now I cannot get it to work. I suspect that The Big picture has done something to the controller and that's why I cannot use it to play Terraria, but how can it do that?

Delete the json file for profiles in your My Documents Terraria folder, that may fix the issue.

Sorry for breaking in like that but my terraria doesn't recognize my 360 controller at all! no responses on the keybinds settings, nothing. Did i miss something that i needed to do before using the controller?

Sorry for breaking in like that but my terraria doesn't recognize my 360 controller at all! no responses on the keybinds settings, nothing. Did i miss something that i needed to do before using the controller?

Make sure that your system detects the controller and it works on another program first, and if so, delete json file profiles from your documents folder to reset bindings.

Make sure that your system detects the controller and it works on another program first, and if so, delete json file profiles from your documents folder to reset bindings.
Works with pretty much any controller supported game on steam and origin's and some emulators i've got. It's a legitimate wireless 360 controller. For the json files, i did that and still got no results from it.

Works with pretty much any controller supported game on steam and origin's and some emulators i've got. It's a legitimate wireless 360 controller. For the json files, i did that and still got no results from it.

I use the 360 and have no had any issues, can you take a screenshot of the full controller setup via the in-game menu?

Ah, that might be it. Weird how specifically the only game i wanted to play wouldn't cooperate. Got pretty much everything else working on Steam.

Ah, that might be it. Weird how specifically the only game i wanted to play wouldn't cooperate. Got pretty much everything else working on Steam.

This is only a theory of mine, I have never used wireless xbox controllers mainly because they require USB adapter to function and they are not standard as far as i know.

hey what do i do if my controler is wireless and i plug it in to play but it doesnt work i used my ps3 controller and my other one witch is wireless but when i press the buttons nothing happens like the controller doesnt work plz help

Back
Top Bottom