tModLoader Corru Crim NPCs

What should the spawn conditions be?

• Corru - ebonstone in inventory, Crim - crimstone in inventory (current spawn conditions)

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Corru - crimstone in inventory, Crim - ebonstone in inventory (reverse the current conditions)

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • Corru - after BoC is defeated, Crim - after EoW is defeated (difficult to get both)

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • Other idea (tell in comment please)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sora_92

Terrarian
Discontinued (probably). Integrated into Wacky NPCs Mod. Check it out!

icon.png

Corru Crim NPCs Mod

This is a simple mod that adds 2 new Town NPCs, the Curruption Fangirl and the Crimson Fangirl.

The basic idea was to make it possible and easy to acquire crimson items in corruption worlds too and corruption items in crimson worlds too without cheating.

The spawn condition for the corruption fangirl is to have ebonstone in the inventory, and for the crimson fangirl to have crimstone in inventory (plus valid empty houses for them to move in).
That does requires to acquire one of the two items from another world (or use cheating), but if conditions are met, both NPCs can move in the same world.

Note that they don’t require any boss to be defeated or anything else besides having ebonstone/crimstone in inventory, so it’s possible to have them move in pretty early, if you get some ebonstone and crimsone using explosives or something. Though they only sell some of the most basics corruption/crimson items prior to defeating any bosses.

The corruption fangirl sells corruption related item, like ebonstone, ebonwood, demonite ore, etc. More wares become available as you defeat certain bosses. Also sells shadow orb drops, corruption exclusive fishes, and corrupted mimic drops.

The crimson fangirl sells crimson related item, like crimstone, shadewood, crimtane ore, etc. More wares become available as you defeat certain bosses. Also sells crimson heart drops, crimson exclusive fishes, and crimson mimic drops.

(Bosses that unlocks more wares upon being defeated: EoC, EoW/BoC, Queen Bee, Skeletron, WoF (hardmode), any mech boss)

(Currently, all their wares are vanilla things.)

For self-defense, the corruption fangirl uses cursed flames, and the crimson fangirl uses a tendon bow with ichor arrows. They don’t drop anything upon death.

This is my very first mod, so there might be issues and bugs, please tell if you find any.

Version history

- v0.1.3: Added corrupt and crimson crates to the shops, replacing deathweed.
- v0.1.2: Added GitHub Repository. Icon should work now too.
- v0.1.1: Added homepage (this forum page)
- v0.1.0: Release

Last edited:
hey, I don't know if this is possible but I have an idea for your mod, what if you made it so if you try to sell corrupt/crim items to the correct fangirl they'll pay a little more and if you sell it to the wrong one they'll buy it for less or even not at all?

hey, I don't know if this is possible but I have an idea for your mod, what if you made it so if you try to sell corrupt/crim items to the correct fangirl they'll pay a little more and if you sell it to the wrong one they'll buy it for less or even not at all?

That sounds like an interesting idea, but I don't know how to implement that (if it's even possible). I think all NPCs buy items at their sell price. But it would be pretty cool if that could be changed, ideed!

I love this idea but... Want a tip? Change the obtainment procedures:

Corruption Fangirl - Available after defeating the Brain of Cthulhu
Crimson Fangirl - Available after defeating the Eater of Worlds

Why? Because this way no one will have to cheat for anything. Having to hop from world to world is a drag for some people like me. These obtainment methods would be much better! Each girl could talk about how much they love their respective biome, and sell seeds to the player. Lorewise, these would be alien items not from your world.

I love this idea but... Want a tip? Change the obtainment procedures:

Corruption Fangirl - Available after defeating the Brain of Cthulhu
Crimson Fangirl - Available after defeating the Eater of Worlds

Why? Because this way no one will have to cheat for anything. Having to hop from world to world is a drag for some people like me. These obtainment methods would be much better! Each girl could talk about how much they love their respective biome, and sell seeds to the player. Lorewise, these would be alien items not from your world.

I thought about that too, and it's not necessarily a bad idea (although code-wise, I'm not sure if possible to do), but that would mean one of them can't move in without cheating. And I feel that just wouldn't be good. One still could decide not to buy anything from the fangirl that's related to the current world's evil. I think it's better to leave that to the players to decide?

alternatively, the spawn conditions could be reversed and then it would be the other one (opposite with the world's evil) that requires the material from another world - or just buying it from the fangirl who moved in. But I guess many would prefer both of them moving in, and then you would try to get both material anyway.
Maybe could try to set up a poll about spawn conditions.

I thought about that too, and it's not necessarily a bad idea (although code-wise, I'm not sure if possible to do), but that would mean one of them can't move in without cheating. And I feel that just wouldn't be good. One still could decide not to buy anything from the fangirl that's related to the current world's evil. I think it's better to leave that to the players to decide?

alternatively, the spawn conditions could be reversed and then it would be the other one (opposite with the world's evil) that requires the material from another world - or just buying it from the fangirl who moved in. But I guess many would prefer both of them moving in, and then you would try to get both material anyway.

Why would you need the current evil biome fangirl tho? What could she provide that you cannot acquire already in your world? The way I see it, it would be much better to just have the opposite biome girl, who would provide a world with the other biome items they cannot get. No need to have both of them in the world. Just one will do.

You can have so much dialogue in each. The "current evil biome girl" would not make much sense as the whoel terraria knows the current biome is evil. I don't think NPCs would let such a girl fly. HOWEVER, the OTHER evil biome can come out of novelty. You could have certain NPCs have extra dialogue, like the Dryad saying something like "I like (NAME OF CRIMGIRL) and her Crimson. It might be evil, but it's not AS evil as the corruption." Or something like that.

Why would you need the current evil biome fangirl tho? What could she provide that you cannot acquire already in your world? The way I see it, it would be much better to just have the opposite biome girl, who would provide a world with the other biome items they cannot get. No need to have both of them in the world. Just one will do.

You can have so much dialogue in each. The "current evil biome girl" would not make much sense as the whoel terraria knows the current biome is evil. I don't think NPCs would let such a girl fly. HOWEVER, the OTHER evil biome can come out of novelty. You could have certain NPCs have extra dialogue, like the Dryad saying something like "I like (NAME OF CRIMGIRL) and her Crimson. It might be evil, but it's not AS evil as the corruption." Or something like that.

Maybe I'm just a bit perfectionist and would like to have all possible NPCs move my town XD
so that's why I would leave it to player, I think, if they want to have both moving in.

Code-wise, I think both EoW and BoC has the code "boss2", so I don't know if it would be possible to set some events happening only if you defeat EoW, or BoC. But maybe it's possible. I'm very new to coding.

The "current evil's" fangirl isn't really necessary, but you don't have to buy anything, if you not want. it could serve as for convinience's sake though, maybe, like if you just miss one more shadow scale for the armor, but don't want to fight EoW again. (plus, it would make more sense to have them be in a world that has the evil biome they are into (though there is less need of their wares then, indeed)
Also, having other NPCs quoting on them would be cool. I have no idea how to do that though. maybe I'll include that later. But if you tried the mod (it's still kinda at testing phase, but so far I didn't found any serious bugs) you can see that the two girls aren't evil themselves, they're just fanatically into one of the evil biomes for whatever reason. They're kinda crazy, but not evil, I think XD

Maybe I'm just a bit perfectionist and would like to have all possible NPCs move my town XD
so that's why I would leave it to player, I think, if they want to have both moving in.

Code-wise, I think both EoW and BoC has the code "boss2", so I don't know if it would be possible to set some events happening only if you defeat EoW, or BoC. But maybe it's possible. I'm very new to coding.

The "current evil's" fangirl isn't really necessary, but you don't have to buy anything, if you not want. it could serve as for convinience's sake though, maybe, like if you just miss one more shadow scale for the armor, but don't want to fight EoW again. (plus, it would make more sense to have them be in a world that has the evil biome they are into (though there is less need of their wares then, indeed)
Also, having other NPCs quoting on them would be cool. I have no idea how to do that though. maybe I'll include that later. But if you tried the mod (it's still kinda at testing phase, but so far I didn't found any serious bugs) you can see that the two girls aren't evil themselves, they're just fanatically into one of the evil biomes for whatever reason. They're kinda crazy, but not evil, I think XD

Oh alright. I still think that it would be much better to just have one. Mods are supposed to give an experience the main game can't, right? This little mod would give something everyone would love to have! Even purists like me, who avoid most mods like a plague unless they are for creative purposes.

Oh alright. I still think that it would be much better to just have one. Mods are supposed to give an experience the main game can't, right? This little mod would give something everyone would love to have! Even purists like me, who avoid most mods like a plague unless they are for creative purposes.

I get what you saying - and if you say you like this idea, even though you don't like most mods, I'm happy!
We certainly could brainstorm about the spawn conditions. maybe some other method would be better. - maybe a poll could be good, but what should be the options?
but spawn conditions aside, I think it would be best to leave it to the player if they want to have both NPCs, or just one. you could disable one (if you have sheat sheets mod for example, if you not want that girl to move in to that world) or just ignore that she moved in and never buy anything from her. What I mean, I think it would be better to leave it to the player to decide if want to have both NPCs or just one of them (or none, but then no point of this mod XD)

I can program the NPC spawn after a bosses death.
(Edit) BoC and EoW have different names in code. They used to be 'boss2' but are now both designated for themselves (i think, it's been awhile since i coded something like that.)

I can program the NPC spawn after a bosses death.
(Edit) BoC and EoW have different names in code. They used to be 'boss2' but are now both designated for themselves (i think, it's been awhile since i coded something like that.)

That sounds cool. But I think it would be better to learn somehow, what method most players would prefer. I think a method that makes it nearly impossible (without cheating) to get both NPCs moving in would be inpreferable to some methods where the player could more freely decide if they want both NPCs or just one of them. I'm just saying I think it would be better to leave that to the player to decide.

And I thought this method - ebonstone and crimstone in inventory (maybe they could be reversed though?), because it's possible to get it very early in the game (but without any bosses down, they only sell basic stuff you could find easily at the start of the game too, if you wander into the corruption/crimson.

Lots of modded NPCs have the spawn condition to have EoC down. They move in swarms XD It's even a bit difficult to properly assign them there you want them to be, because before you could, another NPC moves in to the room you wanted to assign them XD

But again, I'm up for ideas, if some other spawning method would be preferred.

That sounds cool. But I think it would be better to learn somehow, what method most players would prefer. I think a method that makes it nearly impossible (without cheating) to get both NPCs moving in would be inpreferable to some methods where the player could more freely decide if they want both NPCs or just one of them. I'm just saying I think it would be better to leave that to the player to decide.

And I thought this method - ebonstone and crimstone in inventory (maybe they could be reversed though?), because it's possible to get it very early in the game (but without any bosses down, they only sell basic stuff you could find easily at the start of the game too, if you wander into the corruption/crimson.

Lots of modded NPCs have the spawn condition to have EoC down. They move in swarms XD It's even a bit difficult to properly assign them there you want them to be, because before you could, another NPC moves in to the room you wanted to assign them XD

But again, I'm up for ideas, if some other spawning method would be preferred.

If you make them spawn once you get those blocks, don't let them sell the ore UNTIL you have defeated the bosses of the biome.

If you make them spawn once you get those blocks, don't let them sell the ore UNTIL you have defeated the bosses of the biome.

Currently, they sell demonite ore / crimtane ore only after EoW/BoC is down.
Basically...

start: currupt/crimson blocks, wood, basic drops and stuff (like rotten chunk, vertebae, mushrooms, etc.)
EoC: thrown powder, biome exclusive fishes, summon item for EoW/BoC, and some other stuff
EoW/BoC: ore and other material (shadow scale/tissue sample), shadow orb/crimson heart drops and some other stuff
Queen Bee: fountains
Skeletron: thrown waters
hardmode: hardmode material (cursed flames/ichor), hardmode exclusive fish, crafting stations (crimson only)
1 mech boss: greater mimics drops, solutions

Back
Top Bottom