tModLoader Corru Crim NPCs

What should the spawn conditions be?

• Corru - ebonstone in inventory, Crim - crimstone in inventory (current spawn conditions)

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Corru - crimstone in inventory, Crim - ebonstone in inventory (reverse the current conditions)

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • Corru - after BoC is defeated, Crim - after EoW is defeated (difficult to get both)

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • Other idea (tell in comment please)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I get what you saying - and if you say you like this idea, even though you don't like most mods, I'm happy!
We certainly could brainstorm about the spawn conditions. maybe some other method would be better. - maybe a poll could be good, but what should be the options?
but spawn conditions aside, I think it would be best to leave it to the player if they want to have both NPCs, or just one. you could disable one (if you have sheat sheets mod for example, if you not want that girl to move in to that world) or just ignore that she moved in and never buy anything from her. What I mean, I think it would be better to leave it to the player to decide if want to have both NPCs or just one of them (or none, but then no point of this mod XD)

You could always make a options config file in the mod, that enables or disables said features. SOme mods have that and it works nicely.
Or maybe the NPCs could sell a special item that, when held, will make the current evil biome girl spawn. So that's both of them. This item could be a furniture piece or a banner

Crim - Defeat the Eater of Worlds AND/OR buy the special item "Down with the Crimson from Corru
Corru - Defeat the Brain of Cthulhu AND/OR buy the special item "Down with the Corruption" from Crim

You could always make a options config file in the mod, that enables or disables said features. SOme mods have that and it works nicely.
Or maybe the NPCs could sell a special item that, when held, will make the current evil biome girl spawn. So that's both of them. This item could be a furniture piece or a banner

Crim - Defeat the Eater of Worlds AND/OR buy the special item "Down with the Crimson from Corru
Corru - Defeat the Brain of Cthulhu AND/OR buy the special item "Down with the Corruption" from Crim

Hmm... maybe. I don't know how, but if someone helps with it, I guess that could be done, but, I wonder how many people care about such an option?
and the special item idea sounds interesting too - there isn't really much free slots in the shops, but it could replace deathweed for example I only added their shops as placeholder so the rows look more nice. But maybe it's overcomplicating things a bit...? maybe having their spawn condition be reversed (Curru - crimstone, Crim - ebonstone) would make the opposite-evil-biome fangirl move in easily, and you can always buy some crimstone/ebonstone from them, which fulfils the condition for the other to move in. Would that work?

Also, I think actually the fangirl of the evil biome that the world has can be handy to have around too, like in case you always just get "the undertaker" and "the rotted fork" but never a crimson heart light pet or a panick necklace, you might could just buy what you want, instead of needlessly summoning brain of ctulhu the 6th time XD same goes for biome mimic drops. sometimes you always just get tendon hook or something you don't want, instead of the item you actually want. (though I guess the system is not perfect, since now you can just buy those items for money, maybe some sort of token-system would be more balanced, but that sounds very complicated to make... and might would cause problems with buying items that are from the opposite evil)

Hmm... maybe. I don't know how, but if someone helps with it, I guess that could be done, but, I wonder how many people care about such an option?
and the special item idea sounds interesting too - there isn't really much free slots in the shops, but it could replace deathweed for example I only added their shops as placeholder so the rows look more nice. But maybe it's overcomplicating things a bit...? maybe having their spawn condition be reversed (Curru - crimstone, Crim - ebonstone) would make the opposite-evil-biome fangirl move in easily, and you can always buy some crimstone/ebonstone from them, which fulfils the condition for the other to move in. Would that work?

Also, I think actually the fangirl of the evil biome that the world has can be handy to have around too, like in case you always just get "the undertaker" and "the rotted fork" but never a crimson heart light pet or a panick necklace, you might could just buy what you want, instead of needlessly summoning brain of ctulhu the 6th time XD same goes for biome mimic drops. sometimes you always just get tendon hook or something you don't want, instead of the item you actually want. (though I guess the system is not perfect, since now you can just buy those items for money, maybe some sort of token-system would be more balanced, but that sounds very complicated to make... and might would cause problems with buying items that are from the opposite evil)

The point is that all those items can always be farmed. Heart/Orb items can be fished, and mimics can always be farmed. There really isn't much of a need for that. However, items from the Crimson can never be obtained on a Corruption world, and viceversa. I think that is what you should actually focus on.
Considering deathweed is available in both worlds, there really isn't a need to sell them. You could always sell fishing crates of corruption/crimson, but to balance it out you should make them expensive.

The point is that all those items can always be farmed. Heart/Orb items can be fished, and mimics can always be farmed. There really isn't much of a need for that. However, items from the Crimson can never be obtained on a Corruption world, and viceversa. I think that is what you should actually focus on.
Considering deathweed is available in both worlds, there really isn't a need to sell them. You could always sell fishing crates of corruption/crimson, but to balance it out you should make them expensive.

Yes, they can be farmed, but sometimes you just have terrible luck.
The other time I wanted one of my characters to get chain guillotines, but the world I was playing with that char in is a crimson one. I have corruption world too that's in hardmode, but it's kind of a pain to go to somewhere else because you can't really get those items in a world with the opposite evil biome - that's kind of what made me think about creating a small mod, like this.
But then, I just had no luck with corrupted mimics, I had to kill like 10+ of them, to get chain guillotines, while I got like 8 clinger staff and quite some worm hooks too. (could had just cheated, but I didn't wanted to cheat. but farming items can be annoying, because things really depend on chance. that's why I think, if you can buy them, it's much easier. (a token system probably would be more balanced, but don't know how that would work)

Yes, there is zero need of them selling deathweed, I only added that, so the rows look more organised (likewise, Crim sells deathweed seeds too now, because crimson has no equivalent of corruption's worm tooth, and it would make the whole shop looks less organised.

fishing crates are a very interesting idea, I agree. could swap the pointless deathweed in the shop for crates, but what would be a good price for them? considering you could get all sort of valuable stuff from them.

Yes, they can be farmed, but sometimes you just have terrible luck.
The other time I wanted one of my characters to get chain guillotines, but the world I was playing with that char in is a crimson one. I have corruption world too that's in hardmode, but it's kind of a pain to go to somewhere else because you can't really get those items in a world with the opposite evil biome - that's kind of what made me think about creating a small mod, like this.
But then, I just had no luck with corrupted mimics, I had to kill like 10+ of them, to get chain guillotines, while I got like 8 clinger staff and quite some worm hooks too. (could had just cheated, but I didn't wanted to cheat. but farming items can be annoying, because things really depend on chance. that's why I think, if you can buy them, it's much easier. (a token system probably would be more balanced, but don't know how that would work)

Yes, there is zero need of them selling deathweed, I only added that, so the rows look more organised (likewise, Crim sells deathweed seeds too now, because crimson has no equivalent of corruption's worm tooth, and it would make the whole shop looks less organised.

fishing crates are a very interesting idea, I agree. could swap the pointless deathweed in the shop for crates, but what would be a good price for them? considering you could get all sort of valuable stuff from them.

No need to have them both really. At that point, getting a spare mimic weapon is just completion sake. Fishing crates would be a great option. I think that maybe 10 gold each would make them a good lootbag, considering tehy can also give ichor/cursed flames + souls of night + hardmode bars. Either that or maybe 10 gold, and replace it with 20 gold in hardmode?

No need to have them both really. At that point, getting a spare mimic weapon is just completion sake. Fishing crates would be a great option. I think that maybe 10 gold each would make them a good lootbag, considering tehy can also give ichor/cursed flames + souls of night + hardmode bars. Either that or maybe 10 gold, and replace it with 20 gold in hardmode?

Spare? What I meant is the case when you just have terrible luck that mimics never drop the item you want.

As for crates, according to the wiki (just checked) they have like 25% chance to contain gold coins in the amount of 5-12, additionally to other stuff, like bars, shadow orb/crimson heart drops, etc. so I think 10 gold would be too cheap (of course, you could have terrible luck with them too having a crate only contain some potions you don't really need or something) - or you mean it could be like gambling?
20 gold maybe sounds a bit too expensive...

i think the crim fangirl should sell cor items and the cor fangirl sells crim stuff because they dont want the stuff so the best way to get rid of it is to sell it. Otherwise, support!

That's a funny idea XD But I just don't know. They could just throw out unwanted items, or, well, why would they have items of the opposite evil, to begin with...? XD

Spare? What I meant is the case when you just have terrible luck that mimics never drop the item you want.

As for crates, according to the wiki (just checked) they have like 25% chance to contain gold coins in the amount of 5-12, additionally to other stuff, like bars, shadow orb/crimson heart drops, etc. so I think 10 gold would be too cheap (of course, you could have terrible luck with them too having a crate only contain some potions you don't really need or something) - or you mean it could be like gambling?
20 gold maybe sounds a bit too expensive...

10 gold seems fair in pre-hardmode. You would have to spend a lot to get more boxes. With fishing and crate pots, fishing becomes easy.

Ultimately, this mod is your choice. But we gave you all our opinion and inputs. It's up to you to organize it. If you want it to be as accurate as possible, you could calculate the drop rate and average profit of boxes and the like. I could get my BF to help us with that! He's a mathematician.

things they might have picked up while adventuring. Or stuff before they became fangirls of the crim/cor

Well, maybe... XD But I think it's less confusing game-wise, if they sell the things related to the evil biome they are loving.
Maybe it could be explained like, they have so much of these stuff, that they can sell some without problem and can just go and gather some more, if they would be low on supply of wares.
(IMO, you can easily end up with tons of for example vertebae if you wander around the crimson for a bit)

The "sells the opposite evil" would sounds like would work interesting only, if they would give quests too to gather stuff for them of the evil biome they are into (no idea how to code such though) (and considering you could just buy them from the opposite fangirl, it probably wouldn't work well...

10 gold seems fair in pre-hardmode. You would have to spend a lot to get more boxes. With fishing and crate pots, fishing becomes easy.

Ultimately, this mod is your choice. But we gave you all our opinion and inputs. It's up to you to organize it. If you want it to be as accurate as possible, you could calculate the drop rate and average profit of boxes and the like. I could get my BF to help us with that! He's a mathematician.

You have a point. Maybe 10 gold would work. (it was only that, that confused me, that you could get much more back from the crate, if you're lucky - but maybe then it's like gambling.)

Yeah, and I'm open for ideas. Sorry if it would appear I'm not.
I would like, if things like having just one of them or both moving in would be left to the player's choice, so no thing like making one impossible to get without cheating. We could decide on a better spawning method though.
And the crate idea sounds good too. I'll edit them and replace deathweed with corrupt/crimson crates! (and thank you for the offer! though I don't know if there is need to do some complex calculations about the price?)

Also, if you didn't yet, you could try out the mod. in the mod broswer it says "don't download yet, might be buggy" or something, but did quite some testing alone and with friends too the past few days, and it should work fine. there are minor things like they can't be summoned with either statues, but I don't know how to fix that (if someone knows and would help with it, that would be cool!)

I have an idea for a line for the fangirls!
Crim: "[Name of Dryad] sold me some corruption powder and some vile mushrooms! Doesn't she know i like Crimson?"
Cor: "[Name of Wizard] used a Golden Shower on me! Not only did he trick me on what it was, he gave the tome to me after!"

I have an idea for a line for the fangirls!
Crim: "[Name of Dryad] sold me some corruption powder and some vile mushrooms! Doesn't she know i like Crimson?"
Cor: "[Name of Wizard] used a Golden Shower on me! Not only did he trick me on what it was, he gave the tome to me after!"

Pfff XD
but the dryad only sells vile powder in corrupt world and the vicious powder on crimson worlds - and both just only when it's blood moon. I don't know how could it be coded that a quote appears only in crimson/corrupt worlds.
Also, golden shower XD XD I think that's a bit too much XD

But otherwise keep brainstorming. if it's a quote I think would fit nicely, I will add it for sure. (maybe check out the mod first if you didn't though. they have several quotes already - curious of others' opinion on those too - and so maybe would be best, if new quotes fit the personality of the fangirls (as, like in the quotes they have now)

BLAME THE TERRARIA WIKI I WOULD NOT HAVE KNOWN ABOUT IT WITHOUTH THE TERRARIAN WIKI KIDS DONT LOOK IT UP IT WILL PLAUGE YOUR BRAIN FOREVER

Added currupt and crimson crates to the NPCs shops. (It replaces deathweed in the shops that were pointless to begin with and were only placeholders) The current price is 12 gold.

Also added a poll to this thread, for spawn conditions.

I don't know if anyone else noticed but the names are double spaced, just so ya know
[doublepost=1547963165,1547962967][/doublepost]just thought of this but what if you made it so they'd throw there respective powder on things, not to any effect but for the character, also what if something happened if they were close together?

I don't know if anyone else noticed but the names are double spaced, just so ya know
[doublepost=1547963165,1547962967][/doublepost]just thought of this but what if you made it so they'd throw there respective powder on things, not to any effect but for the character, also what if something happened if they were close together?

double spaced?

throw powder? as purely visual effect? or with some purpose? I think the later would be not preferred (plus they are like other NPCs and don't wanna live in currupted houses (that is stupid, kinda, but dunno how to code it otherwise)

also, it sounds interesting if something would happen, but like, what would happen?

I also have ideas like them commenting on each other too, but I have no idea how to code that

I meant that between "corrupt/crim" and "fangirl" there are two spaces instead of the normal one, and when I said throw powder I meant for just purely visual effects as characterisation; not to effect the house or the world.

as for how they would interact maybe not talking or if you implement the first part have them throw powder on each other more often or get into powder throwing fights

Back
Top Bottom