tModLoader Corru Crim NPCs

What should the spawn conditions be?

• Corru - ebonstone in inventory, Crim - crimstone in inventory (current spawn conditions)

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Corru - crimstone in inventory, Crim - ebonstone in inventory (reverse the current conditions)

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • Corru - after BoC is defeated, Crim - after EoW is defeated (difficult to get both)

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • Other idea (tell in comment please)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I meant that between "corrupt/crim" and "fangirl" there are two spaces instead of the normal one, and when I said throw powder I meant for just purely visual effects as characterisation; not to effect the house or the world.

as for how they would interact maybe not talking or if you implement the first part have them throw powder on each other more often or get into powder throwing fights

Huh, you mean, in-game? I'll check that later. though that does not sounds like something that would break the game, but yeah, bugs should be reported.

and for powder, so like, how the party girl throws confetty at you? that might could work if someone helps how to code that.

As for interactions, they could get into some fights with powder or something, but my interpretation on them is they are quite good friends. They do think the other one should adore the biome they love too, but they're not hating each other or anything.

Huh, you mean, in-game? I'll check that later. though that does not sounds like something that would break the game, but yeah, bugs should be reported.

and for powder, so like, how the party girl throws confetty at you? that might could work if someone helps how to code that.

As for interactions, they could get into some fights with powder or something, but my interpretation on them is they are quite good friends. They do think the other one should adore the biome they love too, but they're not hating each other or anything.

You're the one who knows the characters best so you should choose how they interact, keep up the great work!

How about a variation of the following idea:
Corru - after BoC is defeated, Crim - after EoW is defeated
Revised: the same conditions, but the opposite NPC can move in at any point starting from hardmode (or some other point of progression) so long as the other NPC has moved in?

That isn't a bad idea, but that would make access to one like halfway in the game. - which makes some materials and items serve much less purpose by that point. (kind of like how there's a large set of stuff from pearlwood, but weapons and armor have no practical use by the time they become available...)
Which one you mean by the way to move in later? The fangirl of the worl's evil, or the fangirl of the opposite evil?

I love the concept of being able to do Crimson-related things in a Corruption world and vice-versa. I figured that would've been the entire point of this thread.

Progression is important too. Being able to get Crimtane or Ebonstone is easy - Just use Dynamite. (I think?) Basically, I think that it's not that you should get the ore in your inventory to summon them, but the nightmare pick. THAT is the true marker of progression in the evil biome. That'll summon the fangirl that will give you the resources of the opposite biome to your world. All my opinion, really, based on what makes the most sense in this situation.

I love the concept of being able to do Crimson-related things in a Corruption world and vice-versa. I figured that would've been the entire point of this thread.

Progression is important too. Being able to get Crimtane or Ebonstone is easy - Just use Dynamite. (I think?) Basically, I think that it's not that you should get the ore in your inventory to summon them, but the nightmare pick. THAT is the true marker of progression in the evil biome. That'll summon the fangirl that will give you the resources of the opposite biome to your world. All my opinion, really, based on what makes the most sense in this situation.

I'm glad if you like the mod!

As for the spawn conditions, they aren't really good - tha's why there's a poll - but I do think that crimstone/ebonstone isn't that bad an idea, because this way you can have them move in relatively early, if you have explosives. they won't really break game balance I think, because most of their wares are only available after some bosses are down. if you seen their shops prior killing any bosses, they only sell blocks, wood, and such stuff. no weapons, ores or anything at the start.
But the idea of pickaxe isn't that bad... though... some players might skip it, if they go for the reaver shark or such, so... it would be kinda bad to force everyone to craft those pickaxes, even if they don't need it. on the other hand ebon/crimstone is really easy to get either with high enough tier pickaxe, or explosives - it still you took a trip to the world's evil though...

I'm playing on Expert Mode, Can there be any exclusive items?

Currently, they do sell - after EoW/BoC is down - the expert exclusive corruption/crimson items (worm scarf & brain of confusion) for 1 plat, regardless if you play normal or expert. No idea how to change it that for example it would cost less on expert, or be expert exclusive. You could likely get both on expert cheaper though if you use the materials bought from them to create an artifical evil biome your world does not features and use the boss summon item there. On expert, you should get the expert exclusive items in the bags. though I did not tested this yet, actually if you can get both this way, but I think it should work.

Or you meant something else as "expert exclusive"? If so, then what items? They sell pretty much every vanilla corruption & crimson items. They don't sell stuff you can craft, but they sell crafting material, so you should be able to craft almost every corruption/crimson items. the only exception is ancient shadow armor, but that's a difficult one. you could get the normal one (via crafting), it's functionally identical. Or if you really want the other, create an artifical corruption biome (if you have crimson naturally) and farm for it...

What items you meant you would like to see as "expert exclusive"?

Currently, they do sell - after EoW/BoC is down - the expert exclusive corruption/crimson items (worm scarf & brain of confusion) for 1 plat, regardless if you play normal or expert. No idea how to change it that for example it would cost less on expert, or be expert exclusive. You could likely get both on expert cheaper though if you use the materials bought from them to create an artifical evil biome your world does not features and use the boss summon item there. On expert, you should get the expert exclusive items in the bags. though I did not tested this yet, actually if you can get both this way, but I think it should work.

Or you meant something else as "expert exclusive"? If so, then what items? They sell pretty much every vanilla corruption & crimson items. They don't sell stuff you can craft, but they sell crafting material, so you should be able to craft almost every corruption/crimson items. the only exception is ancient shadow armor, but that's a difficult one. you could get the normal one (via crafting), it's functionally identical. Or if you really want the other, create an artifical corruption biome (if you have crimson naturally) and farm for it...

What items you meant you would like to see as "expert exclusive"?
Thank you, you answered my question. I was wondering if the Fan Girl sells the Scarf or if they'll be an exclusive item in her shop after I defeat a boss. May I suggest adding some items that Lavender (Fan girl's name) can sell? A rare fishing pole, A sword, A bow, or maybe some armor. Expert mode is pretty tough for me, Thanks for the info and keep up the good work`:D

Thank you, you answered my question. I was wondering if the Fan Girl sells the Scarf or if they'll be an exclusive item in her shop after I defeat a boss. May I suggest adding some items that Lavender (Fan girl's name) can sell? A rare fishing pole, A sword, A bow, or maybe some armor. Expert mode is pretty tough for me, Thanks for the info and keep up the good work`:D

You're welcome!
You can buy the scarf - assuming you have a crimson world then? - but it is expensive...
As for other things, the fangirls sell demonite, crimtane, shadow scales and tissue sample (and many more) after EoW/BoC down, you can craft tons of stuff from. Weapons, armor, even fishing pole. But for balance reasons, they only sell those materials after you defeated EoW/BoC. No need for them to sell the craftable stuff, you can buy the materials and craft the items you want.

I am interested though if you have suggestions regarding them.

(by the way, names are randomly selected from some possible names. Lavender is a cute name, isn't it? All possible corruption fangirl names are related to the color purple, and all possible crimson fangirl names are related to the color red.) It's also useful to have them both in the town, because even that girl who loves the evil biome you have in the world can be really useful to save time from farming for stuff, if you're rich enough to buy them instead.

Hello!

Look's good mod, will be update in the soon or far future?

Also, If you can do, then you can try both spawn thing, too

"What am I saying?,,

Corru - after EoW is defeated, Crim - after BoC is defeated and after one of them is spawned:
Corru - After EoW - crimstone in inventory = SPAWN Crim, Crim - After BoC - ebonstone in inventory = SPAWN Corru.

and then, the deed is done.

So you can still spawn the too of them, BUT only after the one of the boos is defeated, and one of them is spawned.

Then again, Im still saying, IF you can do... if not, then yeah... the vote is will decide this.

Hello!

Look's good mod, will be update in the soon or far future?

Also, If you can do, then you can try both spawn thing, too

"What am I saying?,,

Corru - after EoW is defeated, Crim - after BoC is defeated and after one of them is spawned:
Corru - After EoW - crimstone in inventory = SPAWN Crim, Crim - After BoC - ebonstone in inventory = SPAWN Corru.

and then, the deed is done.

So you can still spawn the too of them, BUT only after the one of the boos is defeated, and one of them is spawned.

Then again, Im still saying, IF you can do... if not, then yeah... the vote is will decide this.

I'm glad if you like it!
I'm planning some updates, but I'm not very good with coding, and I don't really know how to code something like what you describe. And the poll isn't quite obvious, there are many votes on two options (the 2nd and the 3rd)
It's also part that I don't really know about NPCs who move in after you defeat a boss. If you have several mods, after certain bosses you have lots of NPCs who want to move in and it can be difficult to deal with it, like, building lots of houses and moving NPCs where you want them. If you don't like NPC prisons but wanna build decent houses for everyone, some times can be a bit difficult, and time consuming, like with some mods, youhave like 5-6 NPCs or more move in after EoC. we're talking about EoW/BoC here, but there are still several other NPCs moving in the same time.
In my own playthrougs, I like to get both Corru and Crim move in before EoC so they won't interfere with times when NPCs flock in the town after a boss is down. That might be just me though. If many people would prefer them to move in after bosses I could change it, but I don't know how to code complex stuff like which one moves in with what condition is related to what is the world's evil.

By the way, if you have suggestions, I'm curious.

I'm glad if you like it!
I'm planning some updates, but I'm not very good with coding, and I don't really know how to code something like what you describe. And the poll isn't quite obvious, there are many votes on two options (the 2nd and the 3rd)
It's also part that I don't really know about NPCs who move in after you defeat a boss. If you have several mods, after certain bosses you have lots of NPCs who want to move in and it can be difficult to deal with it, like, building lots of houses and moving NPCs where you want them. If you don't like NPC prisons but wanna build decent houses for everyone, some times can be a bit difficult, and time consuming, like with some mods, youhave like 5-6 NPCs or more move in after EoC. we're talking about EoW/BoC here, but there are still several other NPCs moving in the same time.
In my own playthrougs, I like to get both Corru and Crim move in before EoC so they won't interfere with times when NPCs flock in the town after a boss is down. That might be just me though. If many people would prefer them to move in after bosses I could change it, but I don't know how to code complex stuff like which one moves in with what condition is related to what is the world's evil.

By the way, if you have suggestions, I'm curious.

Well that's one suggestions I said, buuuut I have one too;

Maybe you make it to Crim sell the Meat Grinder in Hardmode i.e. After WoF is defeated and just as like Corru something like... im not sure ... oh yeah, when 1.3.6 is come then im prety sure will come something like the Meat grinder to make the corruption version of it.

And if I am in it, Crim and Corru can also sell the Hardmode drops like I mean the Cursed Flame and the Ichor.

Well that's one suggestions I said, buuuut I have one too;

Maybe you make it to Crim sell the Meat Grinder in Hardmode i.e. After WoF is defeated and just as like Corru something like... im not sure ... oh yeah, when 1.3.6 is come then im prety sure will come something like the Meat grinder to make the corruption version of it.

And if I am in it, Crim and Corru can also sell the Hardmode drops like I mean the Cursed Flame and the Ichor.

Crim does sells the meat grinder in hardmode. They also sell ichor and cursed flames and several other stuff after at least 1 mech boss is down (like, greater mimic drops).
When 1.3.6 is out, and if corruption forniture set has an unique crafting station, I will add it to Corru's shop too.

Plan on adding more dialogue to them? I could totally oblige to add quotes for the two if you want.

If you have ideas for more quotes, tell them please. I'm curious.
Crim on the Dryad: "What's the Dryad's problem? You'd think for a person who cares so much about nature, she'd care about the Crimson too! Instead, she wants to get rid of it 'because it's evil'! Just because the Crimson looks bad doesn't mean it is bad! BIOME EQUALITY!!!"
"... Oh, right, you wanted to buy something."

Crim on the Dryad: "What's the Dryad's problem? You'd think for a person who cares so much about nature, she'd care about the Crimson too! Instead, she wants to get rid of it 'because it's evil'! Just because the Crimson looks bad doesn't mean it is bad! BIOME EQUALITY!!!"
"... Oh, right, you wanted to buy something."

Hmm, yeah, that's an interesting one. I think it's quite on the line of her personality, because she talks A LOT. She already have a line regarding the Dryad though
"[Dryad's name] just doesn’t understands it… don’t listen to her, don’t purify the crimson… okay, okay!? Absolutely never purify it!"
Do you think to keep both or change this to that or?

On a side note, I'm wondering whether to keep this as a standalone mod, or merge with some others? For example there's the picklock NPC which was also sprited by me, and working on some other NPCs too. Or keep it as standalone and also make a small compilation mod too? Or would that be not necessary?

Hmm, yeah, that's an interesting one. I think it's quite on the line of her personality, because she talks A LOT. She already have a line regarding the Dryad though
"[Dryad's name] just doesn’t understands it… don’t listen to her, don’t purify the crimson… okay, okay!? Absolutely never purify it!"
Do you think to keep both or change this to that or?

On a side note, I'm wondering whether to keep this as a standalone mod, or merge with some others? For example there's the picklock NPC which was also sprited by me, and working on some other NPCs too. Or keep it as standalone and also make a small compilation mod too? Or would that be not necessary?
Ah. In which case, keep what you want.

Totally merge your NPCs mods together. If you want to go the extra mile, make it so that you can toggle some NPCs in the mod off so they don't appear ingame.

Back
Top Bottom