**REPORTED** Corrupt palm tree in a Crimson world (World generation glitch)

Zach TGC

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I ran into the seed myself, but I tested it and, at least on my computer, the result is the same.
Seed: 2.1.2.1042123951
Classic, Crimson, Medium world.
Go to the right into the oasis and there's an Ebonwood palm tree.

Ebonwood doesn't drop from the tree, it breaks instantly as soon as you interact with it dropping palm wood and acorns.

Attachments

• WHAT.png
    WHAT.png
    195.8 KB · Views: 156
I feel like I've seen one of these trees before in one of my spawns as well. I'll go through and see tomorrow (I'm just passing through on my way to bed tonight).

Thank you for the report. I've seen screenshots of this before but haven't found a previous report. So it's reported now. :)
If you find this on other worlds, please provide the seeds so I can them to the report.

I checked the two worlds it would have been on, and apparently I cut it down already (probably to see if it contained shadewood, since it was either on an all-Hallowed desert or a Crimson world).
However, one thing I can confirm is that it's not just Medium worlds that do this (I only ever use Small *or* Large worlds).

I cut it down already (probably to see if it contained shadewood, since it was either on an all-Hallowed desert or a Crimson world).
The tree I saw broke just from swinging my sword. Due to its fragility, it wouldn't surprise me if it's happening often but is being broken off-screen by stray attacks or enemies.
If your world was created recently, there's an option on the World Select screen to copy its seed. Beneath the tree icon are three commands to Play, Favourite and Copy Seed. If you could copy the seeds, we can regenerate the worlds and see if there was a problematic palm tree.

The tree I saw broke just from swinging my sword. Due to its fragility, it wouldn't surprise me if it's happening often but is being broken off-screen by stray attacks or enemies.
If your world was created recently, there's an option on the World Select screen to copy its seed. Beneath the tree icon are three commands to Play, Favourite and Copy Seed. If you could copy the seeds, we can regenerate the worlds and see if there was a problematic palm tree.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure they were all created pre-1.4.0.5, but post 1.4. Did you want me to check them myself, or post the seeds here and see if any of them are the world with the tree on?

Yeah. I'm pretty sure they were all created pre-1.4.0.5, but post 1.4. Did you want me to check them myself, or post the seeds here and see if any of them are the world with the tree on?
If you could please post the seeds, I can quickly check them. Thanks!

@Sigma90

Not a problem! The following are worlds it may be on:
1.1.1.shut up and dig gaiden (that's not a mispaste; I had been testing other 'loading screen' messages for potential Easter Egg seeds and decided to keep that world because of a very accessible granite biome to farm)

Thank you for the seeds.
No luck unfortunately - they didn't have corrupt palm trees. I have a feeling this has been reported and (partially) fixed before, so it's possible the seeds had a problem in previous versions. I did notice some worlds had palm trees in a similar position to the corrupt palm tree from the original report.

If you come across one in new worlds, please do provide the seed. :)

I did notice that the palm tree in the seed was growing on top of a hardened sand block rather than a normal sand block. Something they normally can't do.
I also did a Google search for this happening, and while none of the supplied seeds gave a world with a palm tree, each and every one of them had the same thing happening in the picture: the palm tree was growing on a hardened sand block hanging over the water.

EDIT: Correction: not always over the water, but always one hardened sand block and space beneath. Found one that wasn't over water.

I did notice that the palm tree in the seed was growing on top of a hardened sand block rather than a normal sand block. Something they normally can't do.
Yep, that's what I meant about the palm trees being in a similar position. Although it's not normal behaviour, it doesn't cause any harm or cause visual discrepancies. I'll note your findings in the report as well... but not sure if it'll change.

Back
Top Bottom