3DS Corrupt Save File

LeTo

Terrarian
Hello, my 9 year old son has a 3DS & 3DSXL. He loves Terraria and has been playing for awhile. He must have hundreds of hours logged. He says he just entered "expert mode". That said, a few days after entering expert mode every time he tried to start the game with his file the save file would not load and the game would crash. I tried to update the game but, that didn't work. Then realized it was this particular save file when another save file opened just fine. So then I tried to find a back up file but, his system says he has no backups. Not sure why. Anyway, is there some other way to save his file?? He is distraught over losing all his progress.

Hello, my 9 year old son has a 3DS & 3DSXL. He loves Terraria and has been playing for awhile. He must have hundreds of hours logged. He says he just entered "expert mode". That said, a few days after entering expert mode every time he tried to start the game with his file the save file would not load and the game would crash. I tried to update the game but, that didn't work. Then realized it was this particular save file when another save file opened just fine. So then I tried to find a back up file but, his system says he has no backups. Not sure why. Anyway, is there some other way to save his file?? He is distraught over losing all his progress.
Hi @LeTo, I'm sorry to say that it does sound like that particular world file is now a corrupted file. And unfortunately, on the 3DS version there is no way to make backup files. I know it is really hard when it affects the kiddo's games.

The only thing I can suggest is to make sure he gives the game plenty of time to save, and not exit the game too fast when it's trying to save.

Sorry I don't have better news. If you'd like to talk with 505 Games directly and see if they have any better news about your issue, you can open a Support Ticket with them here (you'll need to make an account to open a ticket): https://support.505games.com/en/support/home

Back
Top Bottom