Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Today i tried to play Terraria , but for some reason it was corrupted, so i can't play it anymore.

I tried to delete it and install it back, didn't work.
I found out that the shimmered file is corrupted, i tried to delete it but i can't...

Please help :')

• What do you mean by "shimmered file"? A file that you used shimmer to transform items on?
  • Which file? Your character file, or your world file?
  • In what way was it corrupted? What did the world look like, if you could even enter it?
  • You should be able to delete a corrupt file, either a world file or a character file.
  • If it's a character file, brute force the play button until you can enter the world and put all your items in a chest, alongside life crystals and life fruits.

Idk if it is the file or the folder, but the direction is Terraria\Content\Image\TownNPCs\Shimmered.
The Shimmered folder is corrupted for some reason. Because of this folder my steam wasn't able to update terraria ( cause corrupted ), so steam was stuck in update stance for terraria.
I tried to delete it and even force delete it, but no luck.

Also, the folder is not accessible because of the corruption.

Thank you for your time.

Try finding a (virus free) Shimmered folder online and deleting the one in your game currently, then replacing it. That might do something.

Back
Top Bottom