Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Hello, i saw many other people had a similar if not the same issue, I apologize for any inconviences but i wanted to ask a few questions.
The world was saved to Steams cloud. I was hosting a world and playing with a friend when we finished and i decided to open the world in single player, but the message "Load Failed!" appeared. I clicked "Load Backup File" but it didn't find a backup.
We were fighting OOA tier 2 and farming in the undergound crimson/ice biome if that helps.

Isn't there anything i can do to copy the world or get it back?
  • Unfortunetly, since it's saved to steam cloud, the file isn't on my PC. But i'd still ask, is it possible for me to open the world in tedit and is tedit compatible with 1.4.0.4? If i can open it in tedit i can copy the contents of the file into another world.
  • What will happen if i click "move off cloud", and should i do it? Will i get back a copy of the file which i can then open in tedit?
  • Is there a similar issue with characters being corrupted and should i backup characters manually too?
  • If i install Terraria again will this fix the world?

I'm sorry if this isn't the place for suggestiosn but I'd suggest this issue be noticed with a text box above the forums, since it's very inconvient to lose many hours of progress, items and builds while it could've been easily prevented.

Edit: I downloaded the world from steam's remote storage option. Haven't tried going into it again. I'm providing it here to help the mods with resolving this issue with world corruption.

Attachments

• worlds_Court_of_the_Crimson_King.wld
    1.6 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Hi,
Your world save can be downloaded from steam cloud here: Login.
However I don't think it is possible to recover or even copy any part of the world into another using tedit.
I'm not sure if there is any way to fix corrupted save and if there is, then even devs themselves don't know how to achieve that.
Unfortunately 1.4 update is the most "broken" one when it comes to saves corruption.
If you decide to start a new world, then I would highly recommend you not to keep it in steam cloud.

Hi,
Your world save can be downloaded from steam cloud here: Login.
However I don't think it is possible to recover or even copy any part of the world into another using tedit.
I'm not sure if there is any way to fix corrupted save and if there is, then even devs themselves don't know how to achieve that.
Unfortunately 1.4 update is the most "broken" one when it comes to saves corruption.
If you decide to start a new world, then I would highly recommend you not to keep it in steam cloud.
Should i manually save my characters/players as well? Haven't seen anyone mentioning a thing about corrupted characters though that might just be me not paying enough attention.

Should i manually save my characters/players as well? Haven't seen anyone mentioning a thing about corrupted characters though that might just be me not paying enough attention.
I personally had only my save corrupted and my character stayed completely intact.
It seems like characters are rather save, nonetheless having your character and back-up of it on your disk might be a good idea just to feel safer about it ;)

I personally had only my save corrupted and my character stayed completely intact.
It seems like characters are rather save, nonetheless having your character and back-up of it on your disk might be a good idea just to feel safer about it ;)
Thanks! I'll keep it in mind.
I'd like this to be more wide spread since not everyone knows about this problem and it could potentially wipe out your entire world out of nowhere.

Here's the world that i downloaded from Steam's remote storage. Hope this helps the mods with fixing the issue. If any mods/admins/staff can answer the questions i listed above i'll very thankful.

Attachments

• worlds_Court_of_the_Crimson_King.wld
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
Back
Top Bottom