Corruption + 1.3.6 =

Status
Not open for further replies.
While valid points, doing such is an active decision of those players to not receive new content. I am under the assumption that those asking for it here are running the newest version of Terraria and as such, should have access to Crystal furnature.

Not necessarily; they could just be ignorant of the features of 1.3.5. *shrug* I imagine some heavy modder got Patch 1.3.5 on patch day, rage-quit when all of his modded worlds/characters would not load up and then when tModLoader offered the downgrade patch, took it gladly and continued to play their modded content, without ever finding out what exactly was IN 1.3.5 or forgot entirely.

Then said player arrives here, and sees Corruption Furniture in the works and goes "Hey, shouldn't we have Hallow furniture too?" while forgetting that Crystal furniture is a thing.

Easily feasible.

Well, even with all this mentioned...
Hype. Is real.
(We need official banners for this kind of thing. To show we're on board with these things.)

I hope there will be a revamp or upgrade on hammers and painting tools. Just like with the Grand Design, you can select what things you wanna do without cycling them. I suggest the devs can add more summoner´s equiments and armours, especially in pre-hardmode. To make summoner´s progression smoother and more enjoyable.

I hope there will be a revamp or upgrade on hammers and painting tools. Just like with the Grand Design, you can select what things you wanna do without cycling them. I suggest the devs can add more summoner´s equiments and armours, especially in pre-hardmode. To make summoner´s progression smoother and more enjoyable.

Main problem with pre-hardmode summoners is that the pre-hardmode bosses are already easy as pie. Giving you better summons and more summon armor is like handing you an AFK mode, going "here, have fun". As it is, they already gave us the Dungeon Defender stuff, which is 99% summoner.

They've already added loads upon loads of hardmode summon equipment, to the point I'm kinda wishing they would work on the other classes some. Mages are still lacking in the fast projectile weapon that actually do good damage department (most of their stuff tends to be slow and difficult to hit fast moving enemies with), for example.

Mages are still lacking in the fast projectile weapon that actually do good damage department (most of their stuff tends to be slow and difficult to hit fast moving enemies with), for example.
That kinda depends on how much the Razorpine works for them, As that one used to be the most powerful and useful weapon once.

Never tried it against Celestials though, But I think that it should do quite decent.

That kinda depends on how much the Razorpine works for them, As that one used to be the most powerful and useful weapon once.

Never tried it against Celestials though, But I think that it should do quite decent.

I was talking more Early Hardmode; Razorpine is obviously late hardmode. Obviously by then Mages do indeed get some decent options. Most of the straight early hardmode (and even Easymode!) regular projectile weapons are slow as balls (or they have strange projectiles, such as the Flower of Frost's bouncing things).

EDIT: What I'd love to see? A "hitscan" lightning bolt spell of some sort. Why don't we have any lightning in Terraria? BAM! Lightning bolt zips across the screen faster than a bullet. BAM! ZAP! that would be so awesome, especially if you also included thunder clap sounds to go along with it.

EDIT2: How about something like the lightning ring subweapon from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night? Dude, that would rule as a Terraria weapon. I tried to find a youtube video that shows this, but sadly nobody has one. Basically you fire a barely visible projectile and if it hits an enemy, you can hold the button down and you keep zapping that enemy with bolts of lightning until you run out of hearts (or in Terraria, mana).

Last edited:
Did I not mention this in some way? :sigh:
If only people would read things before they post...
Some people will not prefer to read through all the pages before they'll post their reaction. They just look at the first post and reply.

Not really bad about it, It's rather normal to have a direct reaction.

Did I not mention this in some way? :sigh:
If only people would read things before they post...
I totally agree.
[doublepost=1496162259,1496162223][/doublepost]
Some people will not prefer to read through all the pages before they'll post their reaction. They just look at the first post and reply.

Not really bad about it, It's rather normal to have a direct reaction.
True. I do it. I bet you to too perhaps occasionally?

Main problem with pre-hardmode summoners is that the pre-hardmode bosses are already easy as pie. Giving you better summons and more summon armor is like handing you an AFK mode, going "here, have fun". As it is, they already gave us the Dungeon Defender stuff, which is 99% summoner.

They've already added loads upon loads of hardmode summon equipment, to the point I'm kinda wishing they would work on the other classes some. Mages are still lacking in the fast projectile weapon that actually do good damage department (most of their stuff tends to be slow and difficult to hit fast moving enemies with), for example.
I agree your points. However the main problem with a pure summoner playthrough is you have to do a lot of stuff to get your first summon.

I agree your points. However the main problem with a pure summoner playthrough is you have to do a lot of stuff to get your first summon.

And I see that point too, I mean a gun playthrough is no different. You can't even get a gun (unless you sequence break which requires non-gun weapons) unless you get extremely lucky with the Travelling Merchant, at least until you smash your first orb/heart. And even then, you get this slow as balls weapon if you're Corruption, or a weaker but faster firing one if you're Crimson. Both suck for their own reasons. Yes, sure, the Musket hits like a truck at that part of the game, but you can only hit once every couple seconds. The Undertaker just doesn't do enough damage.

You can't really "start" a gun playthrough until you get to the Jungle and get a Boomstick and then use that to kill Skeletron, get a Handgun and then upgrade it with Hellstone. THEN you can "start" a gun playthrough.

And I don't really think "pure" Summoners were even intended (assuming you mean do nothing but let your summons kill everything). I think it was intended that you use other weapons alongside your minions.

So, the Crystal furnature isn't Hallowed enough?
Well sorry, just had a little brain fart. I mostly use tmodloader, and also there is no need to be kinda rude to those who do such as I.

EDIT:
I see that Tunnel King liked and therefore reviewed and thought it acceptable, so no worries.

Well sorry, just had a little brain fart. I mostly use tmodloader, and also there is no need to be kinda rude to those who do such as I.

EDIT:
I see that Tunnel King liked and therefore reviewed and thought it acceptable, so no worries.
wasn't trying to be rude, was just postulating that so many people are asking for Hallowed Furnature, and wasn't sure if they just felt there should now be furnature from Pearlstone the way there is from Crimstone and Ebonstone.

I will admit that I feel that since we got Ebonstone and Crimsone furniture, that Pearlstone would be an obvious option.... but then again, that'd make Hallow having 2 sets instead of just 1. Well, 3 if you count Pearlwood ontop of that. 3 sets for Hallow, 2 sets for Corruption and Crimson.

Seems a little out of balance.

Is that a naturally generated structure or do we have to gather resources ourselves?

That screenshot is showing off furniture and new blocks that are available to us to make homes out of.

No, it is not a generated structure. They built it in an existing Corruption area to go with the theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom