Corruption + 1.3.6 =

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, it looks like they cleverly used existing items of this nature that were already in the world and simply built around them, carefully placing a workbench underneath a Shadow Orb to make it look like that.

EDIT: Fact is, I could probably re-create something like this with non-Corruption furniture.

EDIT2: Dunno what the point of this is, unless they changed housing rules, you can't place a usable bed here, nor could you get an NPC to move in, because of the corruption.

IMO, it looks like they cleverly used existing items of this nature that were already in the world and simply built around them, carefully placing a workbench underneath a Shadow Orb to make it look like that.

EDIT: Fact is, I could probably re-create something like this with non-Corruption furniture.

EDIT2: Dunno what the point of this is, unless they changed housing rules, you can't place a usable bed here, nor could you get an NPC to move in, because of the corruption.
You can place (but not necessarily use) beds anywhere. Or maybe not I don't really know.
Also you have to consider that that new block would likely not spread the Corruption nor count as Corruption biome, just like Flesh blocks and Ebonstone bricks. and the blocks that do look like Ebonstone may be painted. There may also be Hallow blocks out of screen to negate Corruption blocks.

You can place (but not necessarily use) beds anywhere. Or maybe not I don't really know.
Also you have to consider that that new block would likely not spread the Corruption nor count as Corruption biome, just like Flesh blocks and Ebonstone bricks. and the blocks that do look like Ebonstone may be painted. There may also be Hallow blocks out of screen to negate Corruption blocks.
It new block, there isn't anything painted. You can see Ebonstone Blocks at the top left corner of picture.
And yes you pointed it out somebody can always negate corruption and crimson by hallow or sunflowers, but mostly nobody use it.

As @Exodus Starlit points out, there's plenty of actual corruption blocks (not the new blocks which I very much did notice) nearby, which further makes me think that this is just a cleverly placed bit of furniture near existing altars/orbs.

Either way, there's enough corruption to make this an invalid house, easily, in just the screenshot.

Unless, of course, they changed the rules concerning this.

So do this mean that we need to craft corruption light source furnitures with cursed torches? And why not change the flesh light source furnitures to ichor torch textures (since the coruption ones use cursed torch textures)?

Amazing work people, keep it up and soon everyone will be hooked on 1.3.6! PS. Cenx if you are reading this, I have some ideas for 1.3.7! if y'all want to here like and reply! here is one of my ideas, make a ice king that you can only fight in the snow biome!

The Corruption never did have a counterpart to the Crimson's Flesh Blocks, did it? Well, it seems it will now! That said, I'd prefer to use my Sky Base. This is just too spooky for me.

So wait... will demon altars be craftable? Because I'm seeing one right there.
(Maybe they can be set so that player-placed versions drop upon hammering and don't cause a blessing of ores.)

So wait... will demon altars be craftable? Because I'm seeing one right there.
(Maybe they can be set so that player-placed versions drop upon hammering and don't cause a blessing of ores.)

Most likely, they built this house in the corruption around a naturally-occurring Demon Altar and Shadow Orb. I could re-create this quite easily (minus the actual corruption furniture/new blocks obviously) in-game right now if I wanted to.

So, the Crystal furnature isn't Hallowed enough?

Crystal furniture is kinda new still, so many not everybody knows about it. I, myself, have yet to try it especially with tModloader forcing people to downgrade to 1.3.4.4, so a lot of people don't even have access to it.

Crystal furniture is kinda new still, so many not everybody knows about it. I, myself, have yet to try it especially with tModloader forcing people to downgrade to 1.3.4.4, so a lot of people don't even have access to it.
While valid points, doing such is an active decision of those players to not receive new content. I am under the assumption that those asking for it here are running the newest version of Terraria and as such, should have access to Crystal furnature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom