Corruption + 1.3.6 =

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do cursed flames light sources emit purple light or it's just a lighting mode? This would be weird if green flame glow purple.

When we were creating them, the green light coming from the light sources against the Corruption tiles was really unpleasant. It didn't synergize with the rest of the tiles at all, and the end result was a kind of dull yellow-brown look which really didn't play to the Corruption's aesthetic (dark purple with green flames).

Yes, its "weird" that the green flames actually make purple light, but having seen both sides of it, the contrast of the green light sources against the purple looks much nicer and much more "Corruption" than the more logical approach.

Eh, I think it will most likely work exactly like the Flesh set does. You'll have to grab a Hardmode Crafting Machine that's a random drop (just like the Meat Grinder) and make the equivalent to Flesh Blocks and you'd probably need that thing the Steampunker will sell.

They usually keep things pretty symmetrical. I don't recall needing vertebrae for the Flesh furniture, so I don't see why you would need Chunks for the Corruption furniture. Wouldn't make sense.

Flesh Blocks are made from Crimstone at a Meat Grinder. Following that logic, this furniture set will likely be made from Ebonstone Bricks, which are made from Ebonstone at a Furnace and are considered the counterpart to Flesh Blocks. (And there are already several furniture sets made from various kinds of bricks, so that checks out.)

That would actually make this set somewhat easier to craft, because you wouldn't need two exclusive stations to craft it. As it stands, the Crimson set need the Meat Grinder and the Flesh Cloning Vat, while this upcoming set will only need one station for the furniture (because everybody already has a furnace).

Flesh Blocks are made from Crimstone at a Meat Grinder. Following that logic, this furniture set will likely be made from Ebonstone Bricks, which are made from Ebonstone at a Furnace and are considered the counterpart to Flesh Blocks. (And there are already several furniture sets made from various kinds of bricks, so that checks out.)

That would actually make this set somewhat easier to craft, because you wouldn't need two exclusive stations to craft it. As it stands, the Crimson set need the Meat Grinder and the Flesh Cloning Vat, while this upcoming set will only need one station for the furniture (because everybody already has a furnace).
My only counter to that theory is that this feels less like bricks and more like a living material. so it's possible that you can put Ebonstone into the Meat Grinder to make the new type of block used here, then put that through a specialty crafting station to make the furniture shown.

My only counter to that theory is that this feels less like bricks and more like a living material. so it's possible that you can put Ebonstone into the Meat Grinder to make the new type of block used here, then put that through a specialty crafting station to make the furniture shown.
Alright then... but it would be unbalanced again. No Crimstone Bricks here. Also, what kind of block do you think it would make? Perhaps Scale or Worm Blocks?

Also, are the floor and ceiling blocks new, or did I miss something? The purple chunky stuff with eyes and teeth (?) is new to me, but nobody's mentioned it yet.

So happy to finally see a non-wood corruption furniture set!:happy: If only they had crimstone bricks...

Given that part of this update is to balance Crimson and Corruption, I would not be surprised if there were a Crimstone Brick coming. No guarantees on that obviously, but I could see it happening. T'would make sense anyways.

We would all love a support/cleric class or weapons or new unique items so that a player can heal another player while on potion sickness. And the healing can be given in small amounts with a certain cool down. We would all love new bosses and events, maybe take an idea or two from all of these mods out there! More biome specific bosses such as the queen bee or the golem would be much appreciated too! Thank you for still working on this game, it only gets better from here people!

Given that part of this update is to balance Crimson and Corruption, I would not be surprised if there were a Crimstone Brick coming. No guarantees on that obviously, but I could see it happening. T'would make sense anyways.
I am glad to see they are being balanced out, as the world evils are one of my favorite parts about Terraria

Love the corruption allot this makes it way easier to put things together rather than just using ebon stuff to make the house and then using normal furniture. It looks great anyway.:pslime:

What's up with the player's face? Shadowscale armor is updated or it's just player's skin is pitch black. And what about eyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom