Corruption + 1.3.6 =

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eeew. Then it could be almost '19 by the time that happens. No offense, just trying to be realistic.
Well... if I'm going to hypothesise...
1.3.6 was originally slated to be a bug fix, but threads like this prove it's evolved beyond that. Having said that, I do think it will be primarily bug fixes, with a few new furniture sets and maybe some other small content. I don't expect anything large such as new biomes or new events.
Re-Logic were advertising for beta testers last week. From that, I would assume 1.3.6 is almost in a state it can be beta tested. Allowing time for recruiting new testers, letting them do their thing and fixing any issues that arise, I would expect 1.3.6 in early December. A couple of hotfixes to 1.3.6.3 and then the team will probably take Christmas / New Year holidays off.

Console 1.3 release will happen around early November, based on the update "working through the final issues/bug list".

The next version released for PC/Console will be 1.4 and will be the first of the One Terraria releases. I expect the long-rumoured Creative Mode to arrive then. I'm guessing a release mid-year 2018 for that -- most of the effort being Creative Mode. I don't think it will be too time-consuming to port over the PC content to Console since most of it is 'same same but more' -- more furniture, more armour, more blocks... there's nothing significant like new biomes or new mechanics.

I don't think "One Terraria" means what you guys are interpreting. PC updates won't get slowed down or delayed by all this. They aren't holding updates back to release on all platforms simultaneously. They are speeding up the rate at which the other platforms catch up to PC.

Odds are PC will continue to be ahead of consoles and mobile forever. It's the distance those platforms are behind they hope to make shorter. So consoles might lag behind by a week or two instead of a year.

Especially if Re-Logic want to get the One Terraria initiative finished and have all versions at parity for 1.3.6.

As we said in the console thread, we are not "slowing down" on PC for Console to catch up. That bit is more about a unified experience and accelerating the other platforms, not slowing down PC.

1.3.6 was originally slated to be a bug fix

Bug Fix? Not really. It was described as follows:

The other part of this update will be focused on a list of things that the team feels needs a fresh look (rebalancing/tweaking/polishing) as well as some areas that we feel were overlooked or forgotten when we were working on the past several updates. This will provide a solid foundation from which we can execute our other secret Terraria update plans - and we are pretty sure you will find those exciting!

I underlined the key bits. That isn't just bug fixes (though, sure, fixing bugs is always a thing) - that is a pretty encompassing task if you take it as it is written: looking over the entire game for things that need a fresh take/look and making any tweaks/polishing/balancing needed. That goes way beyond "a few bug fixes and some furniture" - though it does not necessarily encompass "hey let's add 5 more biomes and 10 bosses" (which - to be clear - at this point would just start to feel like bloat for the sake of "more stuff" IMHO).

Now, what will be touched up and tweaked? You guys will have to wait and see. ;)

Re-Logic were advertising for beta testers last week. From that, I would assume 1.3.6 is almost in a state it can be beta tested

We tend to test continually during an update cycle, not just "at the end when it is feature complete". So - "beta" tester is somewhat of a misnomer, albeit one we ourselves use, so the confusion is understandable. :)

As always, our release date for this PC update is "when it is done and ready" - we are not trying for some calendar magic to match up to Console/Mobile - they will move at their pace and hopefully catch up soon.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask about this, but will you guys update us on when all of the beta testers from the last session have been selected? I ask of this because an update regarding who has been selected would be assuring.

@Tunnel King, I am aware of this, but I am curious, will there be a post stating when all of the selected beta testers have been messaged via email?
It is my understanding that they have all been contacted. If that does not include you, I think it's safe to assume that you aren't one of the group selected.

@Tunnel King, from what I have heard, Safeman stated in the locked post that people would be contacted over the next few weeks, but not sure if this is entirely accurate. If what you said is true, thank you for your help.
For now, we've filled all of the spots and will reach out to everyone selected via email. Keep an eye out, as we will be sending invitations out over the next few weeks, as needed.
-Safemanda --That is the quote from Safemanda that I am talking about.

Last edited:
Most likely going to be named something along the name of 'Virus' as the Crimson is Flesh, and I personally see the Corruption as an infected entity that crashed on earth and 'Corrupted' the land around it, then died and decomposed.

Most likely going to be named something along the name of 'Virus' as the Crimson is Flesh, and I personally see the Corruption as an infected entity that crashed on earth and 'Corrupted' the land around it, then died and decomposed.
What? I don't really understand what your talking about.

Please don't make it a really rare drop like the meat grinder
it will be or they will change drop rate of Meant Grinder and maybe other crafting station for Corruption worlds, .... and many different ways.
It is very possible that it will be rare drop but isn't that rare like biome keys.

Making alternate Flesh furniture obtainable easier could make it unbalanced and unfair.

Or yanno they could just make them BOTH easy. I don't see why aesthetic furniture has to be difficult to get, to be honest.
That's what I meant to say, it should be as with Meat Grinder or booth should have changed drop to be easier to obtain (lowering drop rate of booth wouldn't make sense, it's kinda rare but not too much like biome key).
Just simply making Corruption furniture obtainable easier than flesh wouldn make it unfair.

As I repeat myself again, but maybe a little bit more understandable and last thing more informational.

Its not my decision, but if drop rate of Meat Grinder will stay same, it won't be catastrofic as somebody could thing it can be.

Hopefully this furniture set won't become ridiculously expensive as crystal set does.
It will be expensive as Flesh furniture.

If they are going change how corruption themed furnture will be obtainable or how it will be expensive, how is obtainable, ... flesh furniture will be them changed too.

How is the crystal set "Expensive"? Are you referring to the time invested in harvesting the crystal to use to make the furniture out of?

That's just a side-effect of the nature of the materials you're using to build with. Kinda like making Titanium/Adamantite Pillar blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom