Biomes & Nature Corruption and Carmesin

By "Carmesin" I am guessing you mean "Crimson", Anyhow it would be interesting to see crimson and corruption in the same world, not randomly though.

Unfortunately I completely disagreed with previous posts.

Right at the moment there are no way to create both of those biomes at world generation, without side tools(which can be broken or not updated, like "TerraCustom" right at the moment), or some kind of "weird" seeds. For sure you can get clentaminator from "builder workshop" map and add required biomes, but it will not be the same as generated biome. Without one of those biomes you'll lost part of game content, part of the "beginning content", which can't be obtained at the future(when you'l be able to add biome manually).

Frankly having both would be pretty bloated towards the game’s starting content and there’s a reason that you can only get items from the opposite world evil once hardmode starts.

Frankly having both would be pretty bloated towards the game’s starting content
No, it will not. At least on big worlds.
and there’s a reason that you can only get items from the opposite world evil once hardmode starts.
What kind of reasons can it be? There are no anything specific or imbalanced to obtained both type os items. And you can have both of them, just playing on 2 worlds.

I'm just trying to say that in the current state of game you should play on 2 worlds to take all game content. But it looks extremely dumb to do it again and again, and again and 9000k times again. I don't see any real reasons to not allows us to chose both biomes at the world creation.

Only real thing I can see it changing is your jungle is at a higher risk, but even than that’s not something that makes you stronger, it just makes you weaker.

No, it will not. At least on big worlds.

What kind of reasons can it be? There are no anything specific or imbalanced to obtained both type os items. And you can have both of them, just playing on 2 worlds.

I'm just trying to say that in the current state of game you should play on 2 worlds to take all game content. But it looks extremely dumb to do it again and again, and again and 9000k times again. I don't see any real reasons to not allows us to chose both biomes at the world creation.
It would absolutely bloat the earlygame. There’s so much loot that’s borderline identical and the two bosses have extremely similar drops as well. There’s like 2 weapons that don’t have an extremely similar counterpart in the other world (being the shadow orb magic and ranged weapons) for example.

I mean, come on, do you really need two entire biomes that borderline do the exact same thing in prehardmode progression?

It would absolutely bloat the earlygame. There’s so much loot that’s borderline identical and the two bosses have extremely similar drops as well. There’s like 2 weapons that don’t have an extremely similar counterpart in the other world (being the shadow orb magic and ranged weapons) for example.

I mean, come on, do you really need two entire biomes that borderline do the exact same thing in prehardmode progression?

Yes, I really need it. All the time I'm planning to play on new world, I should spent some time looking for an actual configurable tool for world generation, such as terracustom(which is out of date now) or waiting for its updates, to be able to generate such world. So I definitely understand what I am asking for.

As for identical items - there are actually a lot of useless items in the game. Some other items will not be used all the time(i'm talking about different playthroughs), because you can obtained more powerful counterparts. So there are no problems in it.

As for technical part - as already was mentioned, there are special seed which do exactly the same. And options to choose what kind of world you a planning to generate was implemented in 1.4. So it should not take a lot of time just to add additional parameter.

Yes, I really need it. All the time I'm planning to play on new world, I should spent some time looking for an actual configurable tool for world generation, such as terracustom(which is out of date now) or waiting for its updates, to be able to generate such world. So I definitely understand what I am asking for.

As for identical items - there are actually a lot of useless items in the game. Some other items will not be used all the time(i'm talking about different playthroughs), because you can obtained more powerful counterparts. So there are no problems in it.

As for technical part - as already was mentioned, there are special seed which do exactly the same. And options to choose what kind of world you a planning to generate was implemented in 1.4. So it should not take a lot of time just to add additional parameter.
Have you considered just generating a drunk world and removing the “drunk” property with tEdit?

Have you considered just generating a drunk world and removing the “drunk” property with tEdit?
As already was mentioned, such way requires additional side tools(which can be broken, or outdated). Furthermore such special seeds make additional changes in world generation.

Back
Top Bottom