Items Corruption and Crimson Bullets: Blood Shot and Vile Bullet

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
This idea came to me when I saw @Zoomo's Bloody Arrow in his almighty Cyber suggestion, as well as another thread's idea of a Crimson Bullet as inspiration.

Blood Shot.png

Blood Shot (Haha, it's a pun. :3)
Damage: 9
Knockback: 3.2
Velocity: 4.25
*Penetrates up to 2 times.
*Inflicts Bleeding for 8-10 seconds. 33% chance.
Recipe:
Musket_Ball.png
Musket Balls (25)
Crimtane_Bar.png
Crimtane Bar
@ an Anvil. Recipe makes 25.

Vile Bullet.png

Vile Bullet
Damage: 8
Knockback: 2.7
Velocity: 4
*Leaves a lingering green cloud upon impact that deals 50% damage to enemies for a few seconds.
*Inflicts Poisoned for 2-4 seconds. 33% chance.
Recipe:
Musket_Ball.png
Musket Balls (25)
Worm_Tooth.png
Worm Tooth
@ an Anvil. Recipe makes 5.

If this gets added, then I would propose a recipe change for Unholy Arrows:

Unholy_Arrow.png

Unholy Arrow
New Recipe:
Wooden_Arrow.png
Wooden Arrow (10)
Demonite_Bar.png
Demonite Bar
@ an Anvil. Recipe makes 10.

This is just because the sprite would make more sense, and it would also balance out a Crimson Arrow crafted with a Crimson counterpart to Worm Teeth: Crawler Mandibles.
index.php

Bloody Arrow
Damage: 9
Knockback: 3
Velocity: 3.6
*Leaves a lingering red cloud upon impact that deals 60% damage to enemies for a few seconds. (Picture the Chlorophyte Saber's projectile.)
Recipe:
Wooden_Arrow.png
Wooden Arrow (5)
index.php
Crawler Mandible
@ an Anvil. Recipe makes 5.

That just about wraps this up. Feedback and comments are appreciated as always! Thanks for your time!

(Previously attached files that are being used in the other thread:
Bloodfang Dagger.png
Bloody Arrow.png
Crawler Mandible.png
)

Last edited:
Why not just make the bullet and the arrows require spider mandibles/worm teeth? I find it a bit pointless
And I -for some reason- don't like the idea of the bullets.. and neither zoomo's crystal/beam arrows, but that's just opinion based
other than that I like this suggestion

i like where this is going and i agree that we need better distribution between counterparts. i support this concept :D

More parity is something I'm definitely in favour of. The recipe changes are a little odd, but to be honest, they don't bug me much. I'd be fine with it either way.

The recipes shouldn´t be changed, specially as vile bullets can be very powerful with some guns, so it shouldn´t simply require farming a common enemy. They should at least require a boss.

Last edited:
Just an anomaly concerning Unholy Arrows using Demonite bars.

Demonite Bars sell for 32 silver each. By selling one bar, you can buy 80 unholy arrows from the Arms Dealer which is a much better alternative.

If you want, you could either make Demonite/Crimtane bars and ore sell for less (I say nay), make them make 80 arrows each or just be unable to buy Unholy Arrows.

Blood Shot shouldn´t pierce, as it would make it worse than Meteor shot when used with rapid-firing guns, such as the Phoenix Blaster and the Minishark.

The recipes shouldn´t be changed, specially as vile bullets can be very powerful with some guns, so it shouldn´t simply require farming a common enemy. They should at least require a boss.
It's more important, in my, mind, to have penetrating weapons use Bars rather than mob killing because of the fact that EoW and BoC are highly allergic to them. Ammo with a lingering element is still effective, but it's nowhere near as effective as accurately dealing full damage to multiple segments. Lingering ammo is just a small area where segments will take minor damage if they happen to pass over it.

I linked Bars to penetration and mob-dropped materials to lingering ammo for this reason.

If you want, you could either make Demonite/Crimtane bars and ore sell for less (I say nay), make them make 80 arrows each or just be unable to buy Unholy Arrows.
*cough* Hellfire Arrows *cough*

I think stopping sale of Unholy Arrows would be my preferred solution.

Blood Shot shouldn´t pierce, as it would make it worse than Meteor shot when used with rapid-firing guns, such as the Phoenix Blaster and the Minishark.
Crimson needs penetrating ammo, though, to get even with Unholy Arrows.

Last edited:
It's more important, in my, mind, to have penetrating weapons use Bars rather than mob killing because of the fact that EoW and BoC are highly allergic to them. Ammo with a lingering element is still effective, it's nowhere near as effective as accurately dealing full damage to multiple segments than a small area where segments will take minor damage if they happen to pass over it.

I linked Bars to penetration and mob-dropped materials to lingering ammo for this reason.

*cough* Hellfire Arrows *cough*

I think stopping sale of Unholy Arrows would be my preferred solution.

Crimson needs penetrating ammo, though, to get even with Unholy Arrows.
The mob materials would allow the piercing items to be available for those bosses, as it wouldn´t make much sense for one of the best ways at that point to defeat it to require killing it first.
Considering which mob parts, it would also make sense for them to be the ones used for piercing ammo, as lingering one would be too powerful against the EoW and the BoC (The former would take a lot of total damage because, if a single segment passes through the AoE, all of the following segments, or at least most of them, will follow the same path, causing them to take damage as well, while the BoC´s creepers would suffer from similar problems because they are more likely to group together, causing them to pass through the AoE, while it would still be effective in the second form, which doesn´t happen with piercing due to their erratic movement, which causes them to rarely be aligned properly for piercing weapons to hit more than 1 or 2 creepers).

The mob materials would allow the piercing items to be available for those bosses, as it wouldn´t make much sense for one of the best ways at that point to defeat it to require killing it first.
*cough* Eye of Cthulhu *cough*

Also, you can always mine the trace amounts you find generated in the world.
Considering which mob parts, it would also make sense for them to be the ones used for piercing ammo, as lingering one would be too powerful against the EoW and the BoC (The former would take a lot of total damage because, if a single segment passes through the AoE, all of the following segments, or at least most of them, will follow the same path, causing them to take damage as well, while the BoC´s creepers would suffer from similar problems because they are more likely to group together, causing them to pass through the AoE, while it would still be effective in the second form, which doesn´t happen with piercing due to their erratic movement, which causes them to rarely be aligned properly for piercing weapons to hit more than 1 or 2 creepers).
Yes, I know ammo with a lingering element is still effective, but it's nowhere near as effective as accurately dealing full damage to multiple segments. Lingering ammo is just a small area where segments will take partial damage if they happen to pass over it.

*cough* Eye of Cthulhu *cough*

Also, you can always mine the trace amounts you find generated in the world.

Yes, I know ammo with a lingering element is still effective, but it's nowhere near as effective as accurately dealing full damage to multiple segments. Lingering ammo is just a small area where segments will take partial damage if they happen to pass over it.
It still would require defeating a boss to be able to use them, as the trace amount are too rare to be a practical way to obtain them.
Due to how segments work, they usually end up getting into the AoE because of their behaviour, while piercing is a lot less reliable due to the segments´ tendency to move erratically, as can be noticed by using the Destroyer as a test subject. The fact that Unholy Arrows only pierce 2 enemies is just making it even less practical in comparison.

As for the whole thing of giving the Crimson piercing ammo as well, the arrows could behave like Meteor shot (Chlorophyte arrows already do that, but they could be simply given a different behaviour).

Wouldn't it make more sense to have bullet recipes need the metal, and the arrows require the teeth? I always saw it as replacing the arrow tip with bits of the teeth.

Also Bloody Arrow and Bloodfang Daggers should use different names, Crimson names are already too repetitive. Blood Butcherer, Blood Lust Cluster, Blood Shot, Bloody Arrow, Bloodfang Dagger.. Blood Shot is fine as it's a pun, but Corruption's stuff isn't all Vile something, or Demon something. When everything sounds the same, it just sounds boring.

Some neat ideas.. but yeah, it's been kinda thought up before many times already.

EDIT: Isn't this a repeat thread? As you have the same stuff in this topic but repost the same stuff here but also add the missing information. Could have just added the info to the thread you had already made.

Last edited:
It still would require defeating a boss to be able to use them, as the trace amount are too rare to be a practical way to obtain them.
Due to how segments work, they usually end up getting into the AoE because of their behaviour, while piercing is a lot less reliable due to the segments´ tendency to move erratically, as can be noticed by using the Destroyer as a test subject. The fact that Unholy Arrows only pierce 2 enemies is just making it even less practical in comparison.

As for the whole thing of giving the Crimson piercing ammo as well, the arrows could behave like Meteor shot (Chlorophyte arrows already do that, but they could be simply given a different behaviour).

I disagree, actually. The trace amounts might be insufficient to make anything else, but because they're so rare, making ammo is probably the best use for them. Besides, you by no means need the very best tools in order to beat the bosses. So, really, it's getting an extra edge in return for spending extra time preparing, or having the fight be easier once you've beaten it once, which is a completely reasonable dynamic.

I disagree, actually. The trace amounts might be insufficient to make anything else, but because they're so rare, making ammo is probably the best use for them. Besides, you by no means need the very best tools in order to beat the bosses. So, really, it's getting an extra edge in return for spending extra time preparing, or having the fight be easier once you've beaten it once, which is a completely reasonable dynamic.
Actually, the trace amounts are too rare to be practical as ammo, as it is a consumable, and the traces aren´t common enough to be a reliable supply, so it would be more efficient to use them to make weapons, which don´t need to be replaced.

Back
Top Bottom