Corruption/crimson/hallow spreading

robin-dejonge

Terrarian
After beating wall of flesh, the v-shaped underground hallow and crimson spawned in an unfortunate way, leaving very little clean ground above the hallowed branch for the spawn town. Now I do know how to isolate the evil biomes, but I was wondering how the spreading worked. I noticed that the underground hallow BIOME is slightly larger that the area of converted blocks itself, so I wondered if spreading can go as long as nonconverted blocks are in the underground hallow biome, or if spreading goes only block to block.

Any convertable block (stone, sand and grass mostly, but not limited to) within around 5 range of a hallow/corrupt/crimson block has a chance to be converted. as time passes, it'll be converted eventually.

There is however also an alternate spread that only happens if you smash down an Demon/Crimson Altar. That has a chance for 1 block anywhere in the world to be converted into evil or hallow. This way, Corrupt and hallow biomes can exists even outside the generated 'V' shape

I'm not entirely sure what you meant with "the biome itself". You mean the hallow, corruption, crimson or the biomes that exists in pre-hardmode, the 'V' shape, or the destroyed altar spawn.

As for all of them counts the same rule that they're able to convert blocks to their biome. but only if the blocks are convertable.

I'll try to explain it better. When the v-shape spawns, a line of corruption/crimson and hallow is created. Included with the corrupted blocks, the corresponding biomes (underground corruption/crimson and hallow) are created. The evil biomes are slightly larger than the line of blocks. My question is if it is sufficient to isolate the line of blocks or if I have to isolate the entire underground evil biome in order to stop the spreading.

I'll try to explain it better. When the v-shape spawns, a line of corruption/crimson and hallow is created. Included with the corrupted blocks, the corresponding biomes (underground corruption/crimson and hallow) are created. The evil biomes are slightly larger than the line of blocks. My question is if it is sufficient to isolate the line of blocks or if I have to isolate the entire underground evil biome in order to stop the spreading.

You only need to isolate the line of blocks. The biome you're in is dependent on the blocks in your area -- that's how you can create your own biomes in other places!

Generally speaking, the following can spread biomes: Grass, stone, sand, sandstone, ice, thorns and vines.
The following do not spread biomes: Bricks, flesh blocks, wood, trees, bare dirt, mud, ore, snow, silt, slush and ash.
You do not need to clear away background walls. The walls do not further spread biomes.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Any convertable block (stone, sand and grass mostly, but not limited to) within around 5 range of a hallow/corrupt/crimson block has a chance to be converted. as time passes, it'll be converted eventually.

I thought it was a 3-range? I've been making vertical and horizontal shafts/tunnels 3 blocks wide.

Well, in fact, I just simply love the Hallow, Also I got enough gold coins to buy a Cleminator, and just I just spread the hallow throughout my world, as it looks nice lol

Back
Top Bottom