NPCs & Enemies Corruption/Crimson Rising - A new Hardmode event

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
Here's the gist of the idea. The event is triggered by the use of a summoning item, called the Cursed Shadow Stone and Cursed Blood Stone (for Corruption and Crimson variants, respectively). They are crafted with a Cursed Sun Shard (which would be dropped by Golem), 25 Souls of Night, and Ebon/Crimstone (depending on what variant you're crafting.) When you use one at night, you get the message "A terrible dread takes hold of you. Something is wrong in the cosmos..." and the event begins the following morning. After the first use of the item, the event would have a random chance of occurring each day (proportional to the amount of Corruption/Crimson in your world), with the message displayed the previous night.

When the event starts, players will get the message "The sun fails to appear. The Corruption/Crimson is rising..." and there will be nothing in the sky except stars. The entire world will become completely (temporarily) corrupt, and fittingly evil music will play. (I'm thinking some kind of terrible combination of Eclipse, Crimson, Queen Bee, and Plantera.) Very difficult versions of the corrupt enemies will spawn, including super-difficult altered variants of the alternate-corrupt enemies. Spawn rate will be immensely high, and this makes this event as (or more) difficult than the Frost Moon. Here are some examples of what enemies from this event would look like on a Crimson world:

Bloodeater
Type: Crimson
Alteration of: Crimera
1200 Health
80 Damage
25 Defense

Face Mauler
Alteration of: Face Monster
1700 Health
100 Damage
40 Defense

Carrion Crawler
Alteration of: Blood Crawler
1500 Health
110 Damage
35 Defense

Ichor Slicker
Alteration of: Ichor Sticker
1300 Health
100 Damage
30 Projectile Damage
30 Defense
*Rapidly sprays Ichor.
*Spits a volley of Ichor spheres at close range.

ravager-png.112116

Ravager
Alteration of: Corruptor
1600 Health
100 Damage
35 Projectile Damage
35 Defense
*Has a powerful blood-spit volley attack.

Giant Leech
Alteration of: World Feeder
2500 Health
Damage:
120 (Head)
100 (Body)
70 (Tail)
Defense:
40 (Head)
45 (Body)
50 (Tail)

I've also included a handful of examples from a Corruption world, so that the differences and similarities from both events can be seen more clearly:

Soul Reaver
Type: Corruption
Alteration of: Corruptor
1300 Health
90 Damage
30 Projectile Damage
30 Defense
*Has a powerful Cursed Fireball attack.

Eater of All
Alteration of: World Feeder
2600 Health
Damage:
120 (Head)
90 (Body)
60 (Tail)
Defense:
35 (Head)
40 (Body)
45 (Tail)

Infernal Clinger
Alteration of: Clinger
1300 Health
110 Damage
35 Projectile Damage
40 Breath Damage
25 Defense
*Rapidly fires Cursed Fireballs.
*Uses Cursed Fire-breath at close range.

Shadeling
Alteration of: Herpling
1500 Health
120 Damage
40 Defense

Death Crawler
Alteration of: Blood Crawler
1600 Health
110 Damage
45 Defense

Shadow Stalker
Alteration of: Floaty Gross
1700 Health
120 Damage
35 Defense

(Note that all values are rounded, since they are nothing more than generalized values. The actual values can be changed and tweaked to more specific and fitting numbers.)

This idea serves the double purpose of giving other suggestions for new Hardmode Corrupt/Crimson bosses and equipment proposed by others in the community, so lots of additional ideas can be combined with this one to create a complete event with enemies, bosses, loot, and all. I hope you like this idea and come up with ways to combine it with others, so that this could end up as an awesome addition to the game.

Thank you for your consideration.

Last edited:
Support. I think it would also be interesting to have some almost ... boss like upgrades from some of the most recognizable mobs from the biomes.

So, for example, a rare boss for Crimson, which could be a heavily upgraded Face Monster with special abilities, and the same with the Corruption's Eater of Souls.

Support. I think it would also be interesting to have some almost ... boss like upgrades from some of the most recognizable mobs from the biomes.

So, for example, a rare boss for Crimson, which could be a heavily upgraded Face Monster with special abilities, and the same with the Corruption's Eater of Souls.
The problem with that is that the most boss like you can make a normal mob is up to Frost Golem status, where it just becomes a high-health enemy that can shoot things. I'd add bosses that behave like Mourning Wood, Santa-NK1, and Eversream, bu then I think it would be too much like the PM/FM.

This particular bit of spoiler content caught my eye:
index.php
Concept sketch by Crowno. You will see these guys in one of the new events...
That looks like a Corrupt enemy, and she mentioned an event... I'm jumping the gun and getting hyped. Whatever that is, I'm going to love it.

I like it, but I would also suggest that once the event finishes, all crimson/corruption is removed except for a small area at a random point on the surface. It would add a much easier way to clear your world of crimson/corruption- just beat this event, find the small patch of corruption, and hit it with the clentaminator.

I like it, but I would also suggest that once the event finishes, all crimson/corruption is removed except for a small area at a random point on the surface. It would add a much easier way to clear your world of crimson/corruption- just beat this event, find the small patch of corruption, and hit it with the clentaminator.
No thanks. The event ending is more like the Corruption/Crimson receding rather than actually being defeated.

No thanks. The event ending is more like the Corruption/Crimson receding rather than actually being defeated.
By receding, you mean that it starts disappearing rather than spreading? This should definately be an endgame event (if it isnt already) and that would be my favorite event. Should there also be one for hallow?...

By receding, you mean that it starts disappearing rather than spreading? This should definately be an endgame event (if it isnt already) and that would be my favorite event. Should there also be one for hallow?...
It snaps back to where it was prior to the event. Maybe it even spreads out after that.

Anyways, this is an endgame event. You have to beat Golem before you can start it.

Looks a bit tough to implement the world mechanics, but I like it.

Looks like you are missing damage values though for the ranged attacks of the ranged enemies though, as these seem to be all new unique types of projectiles. I'm not sure any enemy in the game does the same amount of melee damage as it's projectile damage, more or less. Ex.) The Ichor Slicker does 100 damage but I have no idea how much damage the Ichor Spray and the Ichor Spheres do.

Also, under the Crimson mobs, it says "Crismon" :p

I'd love to see this implemented! A miniboss unique to each variant would be interesting, perhaps (just a random idea) the Wrath of Cthulhu (for Crimson) and The Annihilator of Purity (for Corruption). Just random name ideas :p

Back
Top Bottom