Hot Topic Corruption Vs. Crimson

Corruption or Crimson

• Total voters
Well the vilethorn and ball o hurt are insanely op against fighting with the eater of worlds and the weapons you get from the hearts don’t do crap against the brain of Cthulhu in my opinion

Well the vilethorn and ball o hurt are insanely op against fighting with the eater of worlds and the weapons you get from the hearts don’t do crap against the brain of Cthulhu in my opinion
Both of them are some of the easiest bosses in the game and you can literally kill brain with some grenades and literally anything else that isn’t true melee so…

*teleports inside you*
nothing personnel, kid
There’s a radius where he physically cannot do that so unless you are actively moving at a high speed in a fight that is entirely doable without moving an inch in the second phase I don’t think that really counts.

I can see how you did that with the second phase, but how the hell did you kill the Creepers with a ruler?
I actually didn’t. For the first half I used Platinum Bow with Jester’s Arrows. It was pretty standard, so I wanted to make things a bit more interesting by doing second phase with a meme weapon.

It was shockingly easy.

Last edited:
There’s a radius where he physically cannot do that so unless you are actively moving at a high speed in a fight that is entirely doable without moving an inch in the second phase I don’t think that really counts.
Only in the second phase. First phase does not have the radius.

Crimson is better in most ways
But EoW is much easier than BoC
although on the astatic side of things
The music is a bop and the purple is so much more appealing than the gory flesh everywhere

Ahh yes, the debate of the ages. Purple or red. Large Brain or Large Worm. Crimeras or Eaters of Souls. A gun from centuries ago or a boring revolver with a cool name. God blood or Some weird green fire. For me, I could go for both, but I know some people like Chippy are Corruption till the end. There's the Theme; Bloody fleshy stuff or Brownish, pus-dripping, decaying bodies, The music; Jazzy and Spooky or Horrifying and Nightmare inducing, The weapons; Slower but more powerful or Faster but weaker, And the enemies; Spiders and umm.. Octopi filled with god blood or Worms and Flying thingies. Also, I would love it if you would post your Reason/Pro's and cons of your choice in the comments! The choice is yours, ladies and gentlemen! But choose wisely.
Honestly I usually go with Corruption despite the lack of better weapons like Crimson has plus it's tougher enemies, Corruption does have a light crystal that helps me in the dark in a new playthrough, I always have a easier time getting the Nights Edge from this biome which is necessary for the Terra Blade later a useful weapon before getting the better ones after, it doesn't have spiders that crawl on walls like the crimson which I tend to get overun from at times but at least with Corruption biome your biggest concern mostly is the devourers and the eater of souls, I find chests sometimes more often in Corruption (maybe just my luck of the biome), and much later when you go into Expert mode Eater Of World's special drops which one of them is a Worm Scarf that reduces 17% of damage taken which is very useful if your a defensive player vs crimson that has a special drop that gives you Brain Of Confusion that gives you a 1/6 chance of dodging an attack and a critical strike chance increase depending on what platform you game on. In all honesty in my opinion which don't take my word for it considering it's my opinion but I like Corruption mostly for what I stated plus that Worm Scarf especially. To each their own with their own unique play styles but most importantly have fun with it. Also it's kinda also possible to have both biomes Corruption and Crimson but so long as you do it right by planting or otherwise spraying crimson or corruption in the opposite world you didn't have or wanted. Would take necessary steps before doing that though so both don't overtake and spread the whole world over. Made a mistake of doing this once and there was nothing left of the surface layer but both evil biomes lol even just 1 can overtake your whole world if you don't contain it. Have fun with it ^_^

Before I give my take, I'd like to express a few things. First, I think a LOT of the bite of the Corruption was taken out by powercreep. I recall a time that getting to Shadow Orbs, was a whole chore, mostly requiring one to spelunk into a deadly cavern, and start sprinkling Purifying Powder, then digging away, or blasting stuff with bombs; all while hoping that Eaters don't spawn.

The number of safe ways to either traverse, or neutralize the Corruption, are many, and it's mostly a testament to it's age, and less of it not being nearly as interesting as the Crimson. In addition, I personally find the Crimson to be extremely overrated and... "samey". The concept of traveling down several zig-zag corridors until reaching the larger area you'll likely fight the Brain in is... kinda predictable. Once you find this area, you likely have access to everything you'll ever need to obtain from there until Hardmode. 🤷‍♂️ 🥤

Also, I'd like to think that the lower-caverns of the Corruption are a newer addition, but I can't be entirely sure, as my Terraria experience was extremely backward, and I was playing on an old map for many years, even after the game had gotten several updates. Still, this portion alone makes the craters/ chasms more interesting, as some of them crisscross and intersect.

I also favor many of the Corruption themed Weapons/ items being a Summoner Hybrid Class, Musket, Clinger's Staff, Scourge of the Corruptor + Curse Flames Flasks, Smoothie of Darkness, Putrid Scent. Though I didn't know at the time that Ichor was fundamentally stronger, it felt pretty nostalgic playing around with the buffed 1.4+ Cursed Flames and nothing much seemed any different, I always like this debuff.

Side Note: "Farming" for the Ancient Shadow Set isn't as difficult as people would have you believe. It can be obtained by killing Corruption enemies and by simply breaking Corruption Pots. If you're hanging up Enemy Banners and eating Burgers, it goes even faster.

I also think that the Corruption looks much better and more intimidating than the Crimson during a Thunderstorm Event (and the Graveyard Biome). This isn't an opinion I've had for very long either, and it's actually a new one that I was able to get by starting a fresh playthrough in 1.4+. Having played both World Evils with the updates, I was pretty surprised at just how predictable and repetitive the Crimson is/ was; whereas the Corruption can oftentimes be unpredictable in nature, where some crevices won't contain anything but a hole, leading into a cave... or grotto... or Golden Chest... which is... kinda cool if you think about it. Maybe the Crimson can do this too but, I haven't seen that happen yet.

Lastly, I like how the Hallow and Corruption clash, if ever you have the two naturally overlap in your World. It's hard to explain, and is probably one of those features you have to see for yourself to truly appreciate. I do like both World Evils, but the Corruption in 1.4+ was a great experience! The Crimson, unfortuanlly, felt like more-of-the-same (1.3.5), even with all the newer stuff...

Ahh yes, the debate of the ages. Purple or red. Large Brain or Large Worm. Crimeras or Eaters of Souls. A gun from centuries ago or a boring revolver with a cool name. God blood or Some weird green fire. For me, I could go for both, but I know some people like Chippy are Corruption till the end. There's the Theme; Bloody fleshy stuff or Brownish, pus-dripping, decaying bodies, The music; Jazzy and Spooky or Horrifying and Nightmare inducing, The weapons; Slower but more powerful or Faster but weaker, And the enemies; Spiders and umm.. Octopi filled with god blood or Worms and Flying thingies. Also, I would love it if you would post your Reason/Pro's and cons of your choice in the comments! The choice is yours, ladies and gentlemen! But choose wisely.
Corruption because I really don't like Blood Crawlers. If Blood Crawlers were removed the Crimson would be decent.

I like crimson better
bc it has more fair enemies when mid pre hardmode and post hardmode, sure it has a sudden and big damage increase but im pretty sure you have the gear already to take them down
but in hardmode corruption got 10009x harder the underground corruption now slaps you with clinger which shoots random a:redmunch: cursed flame and a miniature version of the EoW but huge worm that may annoy you when mining hardmode ores,and also most people choose crimson bc there is this weapon called "Fetid Bagnakhs" which demolishes the Plantera but finding a bulb is no joke! while on the other hand corruption replaces the "Fetid Bagnakhs" with the upgraded chain knives which is the "Chain Guilotinnes"and finally the one of the last reasons why people choose crimson is bc of the ichor ichor reduces the enemy/player by 20 it is insane! plus if you combo it with betsy's wrath or whatever the heck its called it it reduces the enemy/player's defense by 60! it is insane! so that's why crimson is better than the politicians also the vampire knives is the best melee weapon for life steal because its litterally the only lifesteal melee and it can save you multiple times!

The only reason I will ever touch the crimson is for the key mold
But either than that
Corruption all the way
Still don't have the EoW trophy tho...

Back
Top Bottom