Corruption or Crimson? Which do you prefer?

Corruption or Crimson

• Corruption

Votes: 173 45.3%
  • Crimson

Votes: 209 54.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Corruption better, because it's easier to play terraria on, but the crimson has better items (Vampire Knives for example). Also I'm not absolutely sure about this, but I think the Crimson spreads faster than the Corruption, so there's that.

Nah, all 3 biomes spread at about the same rate.

It used to be Corruption was faster because it had thorny vines and Crimson did not, but they fixed that by adding thorny vines to Crimson.

Corruption
Even with it chasms that you can fall in its fun, i like the purple colour.
Also its way easier than crimson.
And the enemies of the corruption are cute.

The crimson is way too creepy and scary for me.

Corruption. Purple is my fave color, purple ice is pretty, and crimson makes me want to barf. And don't try to convince me using DanTDM and the fact the he has crimson in his world. DanTDM is awesome, but crimson is gross. Mainly because it doesn't disappear, either. Dead mob remains do. Plus my umbrella negates my fall damage.

Today I actually got a Crimson world. If you had seen my mind when I saw the Face Monster, and you were milk, you would have gone rancid.

Actually I just discovered it. I had the world the whole time. Good god, the Crimera is one thing, I'm used to seeing Eater Of Souls. But the Face Monster... MISSINGNO ZAZZ NYAN NYAN NYAN THE VOID ASDF it's ugly
[doublepost=1492907635,1492907291][/doublepost]
Crimson, the theme is better, the biome is easier to traverse (in terms of avoiding falls), and the biome looks cooler.
Well... I don't quite agree. I respect your opinion, and both chasms look creepy (hands vs. crosses) however I like corruption music and the Demon altars look cooler to me. Plus my Umbrella negates all fall damage, so, if I wasn't so scared, I could tackle it head-on. But I'm a scaredy-cat.

Last edited:
I prefer Corruption because:

1. I love the dark atmosphere of the biome and prefer it over the bright red Crimson biome
2. I actually love the big chasms, it feels like there's a lot to explore there, and it feels a lot more dangerous, not in terms of monsters but in terms of falling in them
3. Purple is one of my favorite colors

However, I'd still go for the Crimson Biome when my build calls for it.

I've always been a crimson guy. I've mostly played since the 1.2 update (though I started before 1.2 came out). I prefer the better loot, tougher enemies, creepier atmosphere, and overall better color scheme (I've always preferred red to purple). Its also much easier on the eyes in my opinion. The music also goes very well with it. I don't mind the corruption, but I find no reason to play in a corruption world, the loot is inferior (except the worm scarf), the enemies are easier (and I like a challenge), and the overall biome is much more annoying to remove when clentaminating, and when traversing.

I prefer the crimson biome. I find that the crimson offers better weapons and gear compared to corruption.
I find the corruption biome looks ugly and the mobs are also just not as good.
The crimson also gives more useful weapons and armour, as the crimson armour is much better than the shadow armour because the shadow armour only caters to melee classes. Also the vampire knifes are more unique and handier compared to the crimson spear ( forgot name). The ichor again is also better than cursed flames for Mage's as it weakens the defence of enimies rather than igniting them with the buff cursed inferno.

crimson for me is the best , i like it because the first time i played terraria , i played it on mobile and i think there was no crimson , and me watching the videos of the youtubers that had crimson worlds
:cslime::brain:i like crimson because it has an easy boss (for me) and very strong weapons :brain::cslime:

Crimson, by miles. Granted, the enemies are a little tougher in the early game, but when you don't have to worry about a single light tap knocking you off your rope or thin ledge to splatter on the bottom of the chasm below, it balances out. Like most alternatives introduced after the originals, Crimson tools are generally slightly superior to their Corruption counterparts. In particular, Crimson armour grants the longevity that early game characters so desperately need while also benefiting all classes; Shadow armour mainly benefits swordfighters (melee speed doesn't help yoyos that much), and melee is definitely outperformed by the likes of ranger and mage loadouts pre-hardmode.

The Corruption also has the Worm Scarf in Expert Mode, which is definitely a point in its favour over the Brain of Confusion - but the likes of class-specific accessories and the various emblems will push it out come hardmode. The percent-based damage reduction certainly is useful throughout the entirety of Expert Mode, but it's a comfort I learned to live without.

And speaking of hardmode, the Crimson more or less instantly outshines the Corruption when you get there. Ichor darts, bullets, arrows, flasks, Golden Shower... ichor in general puts cursed flames to shame. Fetid Baghnakhs are a fun toy, and Vampire Knives are self-explanatory; all classes stand to gain something from Crimson, but melee has it especially good. It also provides components for the Heartreach and Rage potions that Corruption can't provide, and I personally love crit builds. All in all, Crimson all the way (except in the soundtrack department).

Corruption, cause sometimes I get tired of the Crimson spawning right splat in the middle of my jungle.
This happens with Corruption as well. It's based on RNG. Personally, I prefer crimson because the one Chasm is much easier to deal with than the multiple chasms of the corruption.

I have multiple reasons for choosing the corruption, but one is just the nostalgia and the straightforwardness (if that's even a word ) of the corruption. Corruption is deterioration and darkness, as simple as that. Crimson is evil, but BLOOD. I think the Crimson is just an edgy creepypasta as a biome, but that's just me. As items go, I'd say the worm scarf is all worth it. However the golden shower , and the vampire knives are very good. Overall it also comes to the character of someone's world. Would someone rather have a shadow with alien monsters and oversized worms, or a wound with disturbing creatures. Also I do prefer movement speed, so the Shadow Armor is a winner on that end. Exploring the Corruption feels more complete. Exploring the Corruption is very tense as there are many pits where you can get knocked down. Only one or two lead to the deep corruption cavern. In the Crimson it's just one tunnel where you can go down (not excluding the monsters). The Eater Of Worlds was with me since 2011 and is very unique as careful planning allows you an easier win. The Brain of Cthulhu is still fun however it didn't feel too special (in Terraria's standards), and the second phase took knockback (making the fight with a spear weapon a confirmed win) Overall in my opinion the Corruption is better even though Crimson gear has a slight advantage (excluding the Worm Scarf). I just like the direct darkness of the Corruption in a long and run-on essay.

Crimson. The Ichor can reduce armor, and the Fetid Bankbaks (I dont know the name) are really OP. Ichor is easy to get as well

Personally, I prefer Crimson because Ichor is much better than Cursed Flames, and the Vampire Knives are better than the Scourge of the Corruptor. However, the Worm Scarf is so much greater than the Brain of Confusion that that alone almost puts Corruption over Crimson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom