Corruption or Crimson? Which do you prefer?

Corruption or Crimson

• Corruption

Votes: 173 45.3%
  • Crimson

Votes: 209 54.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Corruption. The music is a :red:in' JAM, and I just like the theme of the biome more than Crimson. When I make a new world I will always take Corruption, no questions asked. `:cool:

Crimson because you can get the Bladetounge as soon as you start hardmode. You can also get items such as vampire knives and life drain, and the crimson mimics have much better drops overall.

Crimson because you can get the Bladetounge as soon as you start hardmode. You can also get items such as vampire knives and life drain, and the crimson mimics have much better drops overall.
o_O The vampire knives is the only thing about that that made sense. What do you mean corruption mimics are bad? The putrid scent is basically a slightly weaker avenger emblem, and the chain guillotines are a decent all-around weapon. Also the Bladetongue is outclassed by the Golden Shower in EVERY way, and the Life Drain consumes too much mana for how much of an effect it gives you (plus, it doesn’t actually lifesteal, it just gives you a regen buff that is really hard to maintain.)

o_O The vampire knives is the only thing about that that made sense. What do you mean corruption mimics are bad? The putrid scent is basically a slightly weaker avenger emblem, and the chain guillotines are a decent all-around weapon. Also the Bladetongue is outclassed by the Golden Shower in EVERY way, and the Life Drain consumes too much mana for how much of an effect it gives you (plus, it doesn’t actually lifesteal, it just gives you a regen buff that is really hard to maintain.)

Uh.

Bladetongue and Golden Shower are completely different types of weapons, so you really can't make a fair comparison of the performance of the two weapons against each other. If you're a melee, and wearing full melee gear, Golden Shower does rather p***-poor damage (sorry I had to make the joke). Meanwhile, the Bladetongue hits like a ton of bricks, especially if you fish it up first thing after going Hardmode! With 20-30+ Master Bait, Golden Rod, Angler Gear, it's not that difficult to fish it up in a game day or two while crate fishing.

Bladetongue is an awesome weapon that can turn the Destroyer into Scrap Metal in about 30-35 seconds, and it's a good weapon that can last until the Terra Blade rather easily if you're going for full melee setup and in situations where there's just too many enemies around or you're moving too fast where a Yo-yo might not be what you want, the Bladetongue is there for you.

Also want to point out that the Chain Guillotine is dropped by Corruption Mimics, which might not be the easiest to kill the very moment you turn you world to hardmode. Not impossible, but yet rather difficult, so you're far less likely to be getting them anywhere near as early in the playthrough than the Bladetongue which is easily available right away.

Kinda surprised you didn't mention the Mana Regeneration Band, though. If you're a Mage, you definitely want Corruption mainly for this item.

Last edited:
Uh.

Bladetongue and Golden Shower are completely different types of weapons. If you're a melee, and wearing full melee gear, Golden Shower does rather p***-poor damage (sorry I had to make the joke).

Bladetongue is an awesome weapon that can turn the Destroyer into Scrap Metal in about 30-35 seconds, and it's a good weapon that can last until the Terra Blade rather easily if you're going for full melee setup and in situations where there's just too many enemies around or you're moving too fast where a Yo-yo might not be what you want, the Bladetongue is there for you.
Ah, I forgot that it not everyone uses it just for the debuff, then switches to other weapons. It probably is fine for a primary if that's the case, then. I guess I wasn't fair to it. It is annoyingly rare though.

Ah, I forgot that it not everyone uses it just for the debuff, then switches to other weapons. It probably is fine for a primary if that's the case, then. I guess I wasn't fair to it. It is annoyingly rare though.

If you wear the Angler's Clothes, get some Master Bait, and the Golden Fishing Rod, with the accessories (I always get these before turning to Hardmode), it's not too uncommon to fish up 1 Bladetongue every game-day and a half on average. Sometimes I'll even see 2 Bladetongues in one game day. (I count one game-day as 2 Fishing Potions worth of Fishing, even though that's only 16 minutes instead of 24).

If you wear the Angler's Clothes, get some Master Bait, and the Golden Fishing Rod, with the accessories (I always get these before turning to Hardmode), it's not too uncommon to fish up 1 Bladetongue every game-day and a half on average. Sometimes I'll even see 2 Bladetongues in one game day. (I count one game-day as 2 Fishing Potions worth of Fishing, even though that's only 16 minutes instead of 24).
I generally rush prehardmode a little too much for that strategy to work well for me, unfortunately. Thank you for the information, though!

Let's see:

For Corruption:
  • Musket is better than Undertaker. Autofire is huge.
  • Vilethorn kills Eater of Worlds better than BoC, and has a bit of a niche outside of that fight since it pierces walls. Crimson Rod is not strong enough to be worth using, nor is pHm suitable for something like it to work as well as Nimbus Rod does in HM.
  • Panic Necklace is an abysmal accessory that is never useful, meanwhile the Mana Cuffs are pretty decent on enemy encounters.
  • Putrid Scent is a better item than Flesh Knuckles, this is the stage of the game where Defense starts going downhill in utility. At least the DPS up is good as filler for when you have nothing to put in the 6th slot.
  • Brain of Confusion is a meme. Worm Scarf is a Top 3 Expert Item. Wuite the distinction.
For Crimson:
  • Rotted Fork is an usable weapon outside of BoC and a decent choice for that boss. Ball O' Hurt is the same in its dreams.
  • Crimson armor has an overpowered set bonus that can last until Hardmode. If you think I care about Shadow Armor's speed, I don't. Even as Melee.
  • Blood Butcherer outclasses its counterpart by a landslide. Even the War Axe of the Night is better than Light's Bane is.
  • Ichor. Period.
  • Even if Ichor Darts didn't exist, the Dart Pistol has a better stat distribution (generally attacking faster works much better) than the Rifle. Everything Cursed Darts do, Crystal can do better, unless it's Destroyer (and nowadays killing destroyer extremely fast isn't something too impressive.)
  • Clinger Staff costs an ridiculous amount of mana, it's slow as hell to use and it's AoE is rather small and disappears after a couple hits. Meanwhile Life Drain is an all-star weapon for crowd control and has two very impressive roles on boss fights (Destroyer, and neutralizing Plantera phase two's Tentacles)
  • Chain Guillotines are understatted garbage carried by the Cool Factor. Fetid Baghnakhs are a weapon of mass destruction that fits in your pockets. Quite the distinction here.
  • Even assuming the Ichor debuff doesn't exist, the Ichor ammo and the Golden Shower are much better weapons than their Cursed Flames counterparts.
  • Bladetongue is a better weapon than Toxikarp, no questions asked. Toxikarp has terrible range and worse DPS to ever be worth it, and Bladetongue is decent on enemies.
  • Scourge of the Corruptor is a decent weapon, but it doesn't really stand out on anything and is outclassed by a ton of things. Vampire Knives' healing is always good to stall for Potions and to get a bit of health back in general.
In conclusion:
Most Corruption items that are better than their counterparts are only so because of a small difference or because the Crimson version is trash, while its own stuff is either really bad or generally outclassed.

Crimson on the other hand, sits with tons of broken items that overshadow their counterparts by a mile, making it a much better choice for tryhard runs.

Crimson on the other hand, sits with tons of broken items that overshadow their counterparts by a mile, making it a much better choice for tryhard runs.
I wasn't expecting to be personally attacked today
Good comparison, I haven't played a Corruption world in years, and maybe I should give it a chance.

Anyway, I actually already gave my opinion on this, I said I liked Crimson and Corruption about the same.

Crimson is better for Melee and Ranger because of Rage and Heart Reach Potion, Fetid Baghnakhs ,Vampire Knife, Crimson armor...
Corruption is better for Summoner because of Worm Scarf, they are very squishy, Worm Scarf help them a lot and Wrath Potion (Minions can not do crit damage).
Mage performs very well in both Crimson World (Life Drain and Golden Shower,...) and Corruption (Band of Starpower later in to Cuffs, Vilethorn, Worm Scarf...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom