Corruption or Crimson? Which do you prefer?

Corruption or Crimson

• Corruption

Votes: 173 45.3%
  • Crimson

Votes: 209 54.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Corruption has slightly better loot from Shadow Orbs, but Crimson Armor and Vampire Knives are better than Shadow Armor and the Scourge of the Corruptor, so Crimson wins for me.

I like the Crimson 'cause it's just kinda gross. The ground probably squelches or something when you walk on it. I do love all that Corruption purple though and the Worm Scarf has a cute animation.

I prefer crimson because you can begin boss with just 3-6 bombs in contrary to corruption who need a more bombs for spawn boss.
But, i like corruption for block for my house and accessory... Worm scarf....

So corruption for me.

I prefer Corruption because it's old school. Also because in HM, Crimson Underground is super annoying. Floaties constantly harass you, and Stickers will land shots through one block gaps as you fall past, not to mention the rambunctious dog behaviour of Herplings all day long. Also looks cooler, red everywhere being kind of gaudy, and flesh blocks being worse. Not to mention, a whole crafting bench just to make flesh blocks, and another to make the furniture? What is that?

I prefer Corruption because it's old school. Also because in HM, Crimson Underground is super annoying. Floaties constantly harass you, and Stickers will land shots through one block gaps as you fall past, not to mention the rambunctious dog behaviour of Herplings all day long. Also looks cooler, red everywhere being kind of gaudy, and flesh blocks being worse. Not to mention, a whole crafting bench just to make flesh blocks, and another to make the furniture? What is that?

To be fair, the Corruption does not have a unique equivalent. You can only use ebonwood and ebonstone bricks, but nothing more interesting than that.

Last edited:
I prefer the Corruption. Certain loots from the Crimson are better but I like the drops from Corruption shadow orbs a little better, plus the drops from the Corrupt Mimics in hardmode. Corruption chasms are more challenging than the Crimson chasms, and I actually found the mobs and boss a little harder in the Corruption than Crimson. Lots of Corruption enemies go through walls, like Clingers, Devourers, World Feeders, etc and they always take me by surprise, but Ichor Stickers, Herplings, etc from Crimson get stuck in narrow spots since they can't move through walls. If I remember right, only Crimson's Floaty Gross goes through walls but they can be easily seen unlike Corruption worms and Clingers. (them darn Clingers always pop out of walls, and shoot me with fireballs) Ichor Stickers I can spot more easily and I find the streams of ichor a bit easier to get away from than the Clinger's fireballs, which shoot further. I also think the Scourge of the Corruptor is my favorite weapon. It's excellent for crowd control and has saved me from being swarmed by mobs and a Paladin on many occasions, and in the same situation, I almost died using Vampire Knives, as they couldn't heal me fast enough against the mobs and couldn't kill them fast enough. The Scourge is much stronger, but the Knives are still great against bosses especially with the proper setup to heal even more. That said, I prefer the challenge of the Corruption more, plus the Scourge of the Corruptor against large mobs and certain bosses, but I still enjoy the Crimson and the Vampire Knives for boss situations and smaller mobs.

Which Dungeon chest is the best? Piranha Gun, continuous damage dealing weapon that's ranged. Scourge of the Corrupter is a throwing weapon, Vampire knives was nerfed too much, rainbow gun gets one rainbow at a time, the Summoned Frost Hydra is a stationary summon damage which attacks to slow, only reasonable to use right before an event or boss, and not anytime after for the loss of dps on other weapons. Corruption I tend to like more because of Ancient Shadow Armor, Was there when I started the game at like 1.0.1 or so, Shadow Orb is not a bouncing item like the Crimson Heart, mobs are easier to knockback, although Crimson ones you can easily jump over, in terms of destroying orbs, It'll be Crimson

Eh? The scourge isn't a throwing weapon. its a melee ranged weapon. It deals melee damage, not throwing damage.
http://terraria.wiki.gg/Scourge_of_the_Corruptor It's a throwing weapon, that has melee damage, Melee Range are items like Terra Blade, Swordbrand, a Flail is basically a throwing weapon that swings around. Also It's quite pointless because it serves no point because Daedalus Bow is better for Martian because you can prevent damage like a melee can't like usual, and if it's Duke Fishron it's still better or use Piranha Gun, there's also Mage Weapons for Martian, but I don't use Mage often because of accessories

I don't think the Crimson and Corruption were differentiated quite enough. In terms of what they represent. They're both kinda dark, dingy, and gross. Just with different colors. I always thought the Corruption represented a twisting of nature, while the Crimson should represent it out of control. But the symbolism isnt present here. The Crimson doesn't even stick to it's fleshy theme in many respects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom