Corruption or Crimson? Which do you prefer?

Corruption or Crimson

• Corruption

Votes: 173 45.3%
  • Crimson

Votes: 209 54.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely the crimson. The overall atmosphere isn't as depressing as the crimson, the boss is more fun, and the loot is overall better. However, the corruption is still not a bad biome. I just really dislike the chasms and how difficult they are to traverse. I also LOVE the worm scarf compared to the brain of confusion.

Crimson all the way for me. The skull in the background, boss, and spreading gore make for the compelling possibility that it could be the regenerating body of Cthulu, and that is far more interesting to me than the more general darkness of the Corruption. The variety of enemies, the color, the screams of the face monsters, the music, the actual BoC fight, Ichor, just love everything about the Crimson. Plus, I vastly prefer the terrain shape over the cavernous drops in the Corruption.

Depends... If you want to have a magic based character the corruption makes it easy, if you want to make a melee based character the crimson will make it easy. Personally I've always found melee to be the strongest class, despite the crimson lacking strong accessories, it still has better gear overall.

I prefer the Corruption because of the music and the structure of the biome itself. The Crimson has chasms, wich are just long tunnels, but the ravines you find in the Corruption are a lot harder to traverse. I also don't really like the items you get from the Crimson Hearts: the Panic Necklace is useful, but the Shadow Orb is in my opinion a better lightsource than the Heart, and the Vilethorn can be really useful for events. The Scourge of the Corruptor is also way more fun and satisfying to use than the Vampire Knives.

Crimson my first evil biome, when i start playing in that game. Music is great and enemies designs very good. Face monsters my favourites.

It also have dart pistol and blade tongue, pretty cool weapons.

Love the Crimson more because it looks better in my opinion and the music is top notch and one of my favorite tracks in the game. Also, Vampire Knives.

I think Corruption, if not for expert mode. I would definatly pick crimson. The corruptions expert mode drop is 500x better than the crimsons.
Like I said, The crimson is way more fun and hard.

I like the crimson more because

A: My first world was crimson so nostalgia. ( I remember actually being super scared in crimson pre-hardmode)

B: The items are better.

C: It's easier to contain

Crimson, all the way. There's no way I'm playing corruption.
Here's a list of, why ->
1. The music in Crimson is actually intense enough for such a hostile territory. I'd rather hear corruption's music in deep forest or desert caves.
2. All the blood and gore, which adds to intensity.
3. Several mobs (corruption has only this stupid eater of souls everywhere, that's it)
4. Bigger danger, basically. (I say that because I haven't really gone far at all in the game yet, so as I am always stuck in early parts of the game, I find that a solid point to add.)

Corruption at least has more intense terrain, but it's not enough to make it better than Crimson for me.

Crimson, the theme is better, the biome is easier to traverse (in terms of avoiding falls), and the biome looks cooler.

I like Corruption better, because it's easier to play terraria on, but the crimson has better items (Vampire Knives for example). Also I'm not absolutely sure about this, but I think the Crimson spreads faster than the Corruption, so there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom