Corruption or Crimson? Which do you prefer?

Corruption or Crimson

• Corruption

Votes: 173 45.3%
  • Crimson

Votes: 209 54.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer Crimson because the red gore theme is a bit more creative than the purple diseased theme in my opinion. The Crimson also feels more of a threat to my world and something that I cannot allow to spread at any cost as it turns the land itself to rotten flesh, while the Corruption feels more of a leech that I'd love to tear off of my world as soon as I get the chance. That said, the Crimson's threat-level works too well at times, and I'm often outright afraid of the Crimson due to the Face Monsters and Herplings - as well as the human skull background that I fortunately have never personally seen yet. So whenever I create secondary worlds, they're almost always Corruption.

However, the Corruption also has some really nifty content like the Band of Starpower and the Worm Scarf, which I cannot seem to be able to live without. I often never use the Crimson-exclusive items like the Fetid Bagnakhs, Fleshy Knuckles, Life Drain and Vampire Knives, while Corruption items are used with more frequency by me. (The sole exception is the Golden Shower, that thing carried me through almost the entirety of Hardmode, if it weren't for the Lunatic Cultist's invulnerability to Ichor and the fast pace of the Moon Lord's fight - Crimson armour was also lovely and carried me until I decided to upgrade to Molten). So I'd say that in terms of ambience and atmosphere, I prefer Crimson due to its scary ambience and threat, while in terms of loot and rewards, I prefer Corruption.

I prefer Corruption. It's even in name. I prefer Corruption due to the fact that the Crimson, in all honesty, feels kinda... special, if you catch my drift. The enemies or overflowing with a sort of over-the-top grotesqueness that I am completely disgusted or can't take it seriously. Prime examples are the Face Monsters and Herplings. The first is just disgusting, but also a bit ridiculous. The latter? Don't, just... stop. Please stop. The Crimson doesn't even fully look fleshy to me. More as if it's just rocks smattered with blood red paint. The Crimson also doesn't have that full cohesion in it's theme. I can't decide whether to be stupidly silly or disturbingly serious, so it does both. The enemies themselves are really just annoying, though this issue is common to both biomes. The Brain of Cthulhu isn't even that difficult, especially if you have a rotted fork, which you will most likely get by just summoning the boss anyways. The Crimson is also incredibly ugly, and overall I believe is need of some sort of visual revamp. The Corruption, on the other hand, that biome solved the Crimson's problem by combining the two themes into being seriously silly. At the same time, though, it's not so overdone in the silly factor and doesn't make me have to pause to either gag and shiver or stop to laugh so hard I cry. The Corruption also makes more effort to be creepy rather than gross. It's color palate is dark and it's visual style and naming speaks of something that is more terrifying than you would initially realize. The Crimson has this ominous foreshadowing, but it only really applies to the nature of the Brain and just the idea behind it. The Corruption doesn't try to present a stereotypical spreading evil, rather than an all-consuming and unending hunger for life and purity itself, and presents a concept of rot and undeath. The Eater of Worlds is just as easy as the Brain, but simply requires one to prepare, either to put the Eater on your level or overpower it. I also find that while corruption loot is weaker, it has more potential for specialized loot, and vilethorn is incredibly useful up until one obtains a nimbus rod or a reaper scythe, which can take a while. If one requires the power of Crimson loot, boot up another world and grab it quickly. There's no need to be constantly dealing with that biome. I also like how the Corruption also stands as a direct opposite to the Hallow rather than the Crimson and the Purity.

tl;dr the Crimson is too wacky and gross and the Corruption nails it's theme and difficulty progression.

i personally go for the crimson headcanon wise (loot, boss and mobs, over all feel), through gameplay wise i prefer the loot from the corruption.

The crimson might be harder than the corruption but atleast you dont get swarmed by at least a dozen eaters when you stumble upon it, that's my only peeve about the corruption, so. many. EATERS!

ok onto the crimson. So yeah im my wacky mind the place looks like a colossal beast, hence the entrance of the caves... (those damned caves spawned this whole madness)... dont tell me im the only one who thinks it looks like a mouth, throat and a stomach???
The place, like its name states is a place that is bloody and filled with rotting flesh, so the place probably just warps the flesh of all who stumble upon it( or it does nothing and those who die for some reason become apart of the biome) and the things around it or it eats anything that comes into contact with it, providing fuel for it and probably getting them calories for its soon to be relentless attack on the island. The souls of what it has consumed probably just mutate into the insane things that call the place home, building hostess from bits of flesh and gore, that might have been detached from the latest soul who tried to take it on.
Upon hard mode it probably ran out of stuff to eat and it starts to drag itself along the ground, looking for new food, its flesh ripping from being at a standstill for so long and the blood(or what ever, would it be icor? probably) creating the new hardmode mobs, highly mutated from the light and dark spirits.
The brain however could've been the actual brain of the biome and upon its death the whole thing kinda panics?comes to a standstill?low-key dies??? i mean, in one of the backgrounds you can see a whole freakin skull and ribcage (probably what's left of cthulhu, hey i can dream) , that was probably the remains of whatever died and made the crimson. The hearts would be what's pumping the blood to the undergrounds places that can't get direct oxygen (or what ever air is in terraria), it makes sense after killing about three that the brain awakes like 'bro, i need those to breath a stuff can you like, i dont know..stop? no? ok"

Corruption is also ok, ish, i think of it like some kind of fungi, like that body controlling one that takes over ants or something, or what ever its name is.
The corruption would probably spread through the use of spores, taking root and spreading through the like, aopn something breathing in the spores the critter, mutates/fungi takes hold and such, and boom you have half a dozen eaters, three devourers...and that's it.
The EOW was probably the original fungi that took root in town or some fool managed to bash an altar in and just about everything turned to hell. T
he townspeople probably banned together trying to remove the thing, failed horribly and probably ingested a bunch of the spores and with the drive to protect each other from the fungi, banded together and formed that dammed worm. The shadow orbs are most likely the use of magic from the townspeople and or it like the raw form of the fungi (or something)
Upon hard mode, the fungi probably mutated from the light and dark and now mutates ten fold, the eaters and devourers, through are the product of pre hardmode spores are probably breathing in the new mutated onse and mutating further into the corruptors and the other things that make my life hell, the clingers(?) that spew cursed flames (once again thanks EOW, your blood is not useful).

am i reading too far in between the lines, most definitely...

actualy screw it, the Hallow is better, it looks nice, nice and pretty, very calming

then you get impaled by a unicorn but that's a-ok because IT'S A FREAKIN UNICORN!!

I prefer the Crimson because not only does the Crimson have better loot, but because the Corruption in my opinion is much more creepier and scarier than the Crimson. The Crimson's chasms also aren't all over the place and are easier to manage through, and Crimson enemies are slower than Corruption enemies.

I like both, but I'd rather have Corruption. (If I had to choose only one) But I think that's because when I made worlds before the one update that allowed you to choose, I would ALWAYS get Crimson. So I'm kind of "Crimson-ed out" at the moment. 4+ worlds with Crimson makes you want a world with Corruption.

Crimson is cool, and I hardly ever get it. I like to pick Random at world creation, so I, for whatever reason, get a lot of Corruption. I have no real preference, though. They are both cool, just different.

Each biome has it's pros and cons.

- Corruption has the incredible worm scarf to go a lot more defensive. It is also a must for mages with the band of starpower. The wrath potion helps summoners even more and the Toxikarp provide a weapon with an endless ammo for rangers.
However this biome is hard to get through because of the terrain, it misses ennemies diversity and cursed flames weapons are poor to use. The music is rather bad in my opinion.
- Crimson has the obvious advantages to get ichor and vampire knives, which are incredibly helping. Melee classes can get the powerful Bladetongue just after defeating the WoF. The golden shower has it's uses untill betsy is defeated (meaning the end of the game for me). Crimson mimics give the powerful fetid baghnaks and the music is better.
However the brain is though to kill (I never succeeded without sequence breaking) and drops from the hearts are useless, + the expert accessory itself (which I never used). The underground crimson is hard to cross in early hardmode with those Ichor stickers + Floaty grosses which do a load of damage and can attack from every direction.

I voted Crimson because of the obvious vampire knives and ichor, and because I started with it in my first world, I'm more accustomed to it than corruption.

Personally I prefer crimson because there's not a MILLION eaters out to get me even though the wormscarf is super good and the scourge is good for mindlessly farming mobs, that and theres no endless pits of death in corruption, I voted for corruption for drops

Crimson, because of it's armor (priotizing on attack damage) and weapon (stronger but slightly slower than Corruption), I am a melee user.

Although for the boss, I'm not sure which is more fun. I'd say the corruption, for the brain you just need to swing your weapon like crazy to destroy the creepers before the brain.

I'd say Crimson is still better.

Corruption because it has a bit of a more gothic feel to it's furniture set and all round appearance, plus cursed flames is something you can't become immune to and damages you, while ichor will increase the damage output but it's more of a one-two punch deal really and switching between spraying and slaying is a bit of a fiddly system.
But then again I'm a ranger so it really depends on what your class is, as well as the situation.

i like corruption due to nostalgia, when i first played mobile and ran into an eater of souls i cried. its monsters dont seem to have as much variety as crimsons though, just a bunch of eaters and worms.

crimson has better music (underground mostly), its monsters are different and have more variety. like a floaty gross is wayyy different than a crimera. wereas in corrprion corruptor is pretty much an eater of souls on steroids.

i find both to be similar in difficulty, but corruption is harder early game due to chasms. but in early hardmode (pre mech boss) crimson is harder due to *shudders* herplings..

i found world feeders to be hardest in corruption, and corruptors (if they make contact with you with their body) , and in crimson herplings are hardest because theyre fast asf

and most crimson items are better too, mostly just the ichor items and vampire knifes.
yea but i like corruprion better for preference , but overall, crimson is better due to more variety of enemies and items.

I prefer the Crimson, for multiple reasons.

The first of the reasons is that when I first played the game, the Crimson was in my first world.

The second reason is that I find it easier than the Corruption, but that's probably because I first encountered the Crimson.

My third reason is that, in my experience, the Brain of Cthulhu can be seen more than the Eater of Worlds. Yes, it has minions that you need to kill, but after that, you can attack it more because you see it more.

However, just because I prefer the Crimson DOESN'T mean I will hate on you if you prefer the Corruption. I understand that it's an opinion.

I personally prefer the Crimson because of the Vampire Knives, arguably better prehardmode loot, and a more challenging early/mid hard mode experience.

Corruption, no contest.

I adore the whole aesthetic, it's very eye pleasing. The soft purple, the ghastly evil dead vibe, the excessive use of the phrase "eater of"

Now if we could have a nice autumnal orange biome though, I might just smile a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom