Corruption or Crimson? Which do you prefer?

Corruption or Crimson

• Corruption

Votes: 173 45.3%
  • Crimson

Votes: 209 54.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Corruption, no contest.

I adore the whole aesthetic, it's very eye pleasing. The soft purple, the ghastly evil dead vibe, the excessive use of the phrase "eater of"

Now if we could have a nice autumnal orange biome though, I might just smile a little.

Ooh, that's a good idea. A nice orange biome, peaceful, with only normal enemies to fight... And maybe a boss unique to that biome.

I prefer the corruption, mainly because of its simplicity. The crimson has mobs and stuff, whereas the corruption has less and is simple. I also don't like crimison because of the gore. :happy:

I like both of them. Both have great themes - Crimson's aesthetically tighter, but the Corruption's music is more enjoyable to me. Gameplay, too. The Crimson is definitely better to have in hardmode, because ichor is god, Fetid Baghnakhs are double god, and Vampire Knives are please take all of my money. Corruption's fairly lame in hardmode unless you're playing expert, wherein the Worm Scarf makes the lack of Vampire Knives... if not worth it, at least on equal footing.

The thing I love about Corruption that Crimson can't match, though? Ancient Shadow Armor. I can sit in a box and prod at Eaters with a wooden yoyo, and when that first piece drops... I feel like a king. Getting Shadow Armor before I even get iron, it's a magnificent feeling, and it'll carry me all the way to molten.

I also think the Corruption's a far better counterpoint to the Hallow, and digging tunnels around its chasms is less irritating due to their regular, boxy shape. Hugging the shape of Crimson chasms is a mess, and the vines make it a bit more work to evil-proof.

I like the corruption better since I think it fits in with the world better. Especially since we still don't have an alt to the hallow to go with the crimson. I do like shadewood though and corruption won't have a counterpart to flesh blocks until 1.3.6 drops.

they each have their sides

Crimson
pros

good early game items
cool designs
unique boss

cons
ugly
crimson caverns have 1 shot spiders

Corruption
pros

looks nice
easy early game
good expert drop
easily avoidable enemies
some of my favourite music in-game

cons
giant chasms
bad early game

overall I choose corruption cause nostelgia

Crimson. I prefer it because it's a bit more fun in my opinion. It also has pretty good stuff, which, of course, includes the Vampire Knives.

Last edited:
Definitely Corruption. The whole biome is just better in every way, especially the music. Crimsons music is just depressing, but corruptions actually sounds evil. The enemies are better too. The Shadow armor is also better.

Corruption still has pretty great features but I prefer Crimson in general. When I make a new character from an established source material, the characters from a grim and dark series (The Witcher, RE: Zero, Fate/stay night, etc.) get to play singleplayer Crimson worlds. Crimson's gore is there for a reason.

I pick the Hallow, Townsfolk are able to live there and it prevents the evil biomes from spreading there.

though I do also prefer the crimson if only for good loot, but i actually generate both using an external program

I prefer the crimson over the corruption for many reasons.

I really like the creepy bloody look to the biome, as it makes it look more threatening and just overall evil looking, and red is my favorite color. I just like creepy things in general so it appeals to me. Emeny wise I also prefer the crimson as there is a lot more creatures to look at while the corruption is nothing but worms, the crimson is more diverse. I'm pretty even on both the bosses, I like them both. The crimson has better loot in general except for the brain of confusion. I think the only thing the corruption has that's better than the crimson is the worm scarf and the easier to navigate chasms.

Just my personal opinion, if you like the corruption better that's okay ^.^

Last edited:
I like them about the same. I like the crimson for the warped music and horror elements. And I like the corruption for the eldritch nightmare feel.
I pick Crimson in normal mode, because of overpowered armor, and corruption in expert, for the A L M I G H T Y S C A R F.

Whenever I create a new world, I always set it to random and I always get the Crimson. Even though it's arguably more interesting and has better loot than the Corruption, I'm just getting sick of looking at it. So I'd have to say the Corruption is my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom