Corruption or Crimson? Which do you prefer?

Corruption or Crimson

• Corruption

Votes: 173 45.3%
  • Crimson

Votes: 209 54.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I just go for 05162020.
But if I had to choose, then crimson. BoC is way easier than EoW, Ichor is OP, and the healing effect from vampire knives is very effective.

I agree with that and I've seen the drunk seed but never actually did a playthrough with it. Maybe I should try it?

Crimson is better for Melee I find, as you get flesh knuckles, Ichor, and Vampire knives, not to mention the new brain of confusion, which works wonderfully for melee as well as the panic necklace.

Coruption on the other hans isbetter for mages due to the band of star power, the putrid scent, and the clinger staff, withthe worm scarf being a good defense replacement.

Also the expert boss drop in corruption is better. why would I want a chance to confuse enemies.
So true tho, the boconfusion kinda sucks, cuz its a CHANCE to confuse enimies, the worm scarf is 17% reduced dmg taken, which is very useful even post plantera, aal the way to moon boi
So your actually right about the confusing enemies. I'm pretty sure no bosses can even be affected by the confused debuff.

Is nobody aware that after 1.4, the Brain of Confusion was buffed to have a 1:6 chance to completely dodge damage on top of other bonuses?? It’s pretty good, competes well with Worm Scarf and can be better in some situations.

Anyway, weapon and gear wise, the biomes are pretty equal. Cursed Inferno is pretty potent with recent buffs and Ichor was nerfed to only reduce 15 defense, but I’d say ichor is still better. Crimson Melee weapons are more valuable and Summoner profits more from Crimson, Ranged has it better with Corruption, and Mage doesn’t really matter. Corruption also generally has a stronger early game and better potions and Crimson has a stronger late game.

Theme wise, I prefer crimson. Minority opinion, I know. But the blood theme and the music or enemies feel legitimately horrifying, which is what an evil biome should feel like in my opinion and is so much cooler. Corruption has an evil forest or decay theme, which while cool, I just don’t think it competes with the terror of Crimson’s.

Your right about the horror like feel. The monsters in the corruption are way more daunting and when I'm in early game I'd much rather go into a Corruption biome over a Crimson biome any day. Not that I should early game anyways but I'm weird like that sometimes:D.

So you would say Ichor is better for melee people than Cursed is?

I’d say ichor is generally more valuable overall than Cursed Inferno. 7-8 extra damage per hit is usually more valuable than flat 24 DOT unless you’re never landing shots at all, and weapons with lower base damage profit more from ichor. Only exception is Mage, whose Cursed Inferno based weapons are much more powerful than the Golden Shower.

I say that Ichor is better for melee, especially with a group as your it reduces defense, making it easier to take full advantage of your damage

meanwhile, cursed flames is better for mage, and to a similar effect, ranged as you deal damage over a period of time, which is better as you have the ability to stay away from the enemies attacks while the flames do it’s thing, which is a luxury melee doesn’t have

Theme wise, I prefer crimson. Minority opinion, I know. But the blood theme and the music or enemies feel legitimately horrifying, which is what an evil biome should feel like in my opinion and is so much cooler. Corruption has an evil forest or decay theme, which while cool, I just don’t think it competes with the terror of Crimson’s.
This is really true tho, Evil biome are supposed to give you the freaky vibe, Courruption doesn't follow that rule, instead the music is more funky based and mobs are less scary.

Actually I think designe wise, both are fanominal. Crimson is quite obvious with theres, but the corruption just feels...dead, and rotton. The layout feels like like a giant worm tunneled into what was originally a normal forest(or whatever biome it’s in)

Ichor is best for melee, not saying its only good for melee but a lot of the cursed inferno weapons are better for the other classes the cursed darts it more enemies at the same time give debuff. cursed flames spell tome is better the golden shower for killing enemies really quickly

It’s true that it’s scarier, but the corruption isn’t supposed to be scary visually, just scary in concept. It’s unsettling seeing these giant worms with rotten flesh fly around and destroy the environment around them.

Yeah I always have the problem with mixing up my classes till like pre Plantera:D. I just really like ranged as well as melee and I tend to mix them up.

Yea you might have a point. The biome of Corruption is scarier. The biome for Crimson is kind of nasty like.

Personally I think they both have their pros and cons. For example, from my experience Ichor flasks seem to do much better against bosses and enemies than Cursed flasks do. Than again, Corruption drops the chain guillotines which is one of my favorite weapons. Than againnn, Crimson biome chests have vampire knives which is also one of my favorite weapons:confused:.

There is already an existing Corruption or Crimson Thread. Your Thread has been merged into the already existing thread.

As a tip for the future when creating threads, its a good practice to to use the search function at the top right to see if your thread idea already exists or not. If it does it is fine to post on the old thread. We don't allow duplicate threads as a forum policy so posting on older threads to revive the discussion is better than creating new threads for the same topic. :dryadsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom