Corruption or Crimson? Which do you prefer?

Corruption or Crimson

• Corruption

Votes: 173 45.3%
  • Crimson

Votes: 209 54.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I say that the brain is harder.
A. you can't just kill it,cause you need to kill the minions.THen,the brains illusions are really hard to decipher,and it gets really close.
b.the brain can teleport right behind you,catching you off guard.
Overmap: literally makes the illusions impossible to get fooled by and removes his fade effect.

The vampire weapon, ichor, easier boss (you can defeat it earlier than the worm), more challenging, brain of confusion buffed, maybe mimic drops? Idk... So yeah, but I still prefer corruption.

I actually like the bloody and infected appearance of crimson because it hasn't been done nearly as often in other media. I also like how it's dissonant from the rest of the game and that it feels wrong when you allow it to spread. Having the corruption suit terraria's theme so well kind of removes the weight from allowing it to spread imo.

I actually like the bloody and infected appearance of crimson because it hasn't been done nearly as often in other media. I also like how it's dissonant from the rest of the game and that it feels wrong when you allow it to spread. Having the corruption suit terraria's theme so well kind of removes the weight from allowing it to spread imo.
Well, corruption kinda makes sense spread, but a fleshy world not. At least is something unique.

Here's the thing. Crimson has better items, is easier to navigate, it's boss is more fun to fight... it's overall the better experience. But Corruption has the identity that Crimson doesn't. As in, it's more popular, being in the game longer has made it more iconic... so, I don't actually know. I guess at this point its up to personal preference.

I don’t really share the opinion that Crimson is any easier than Corruption. Aside from earlygame traversability, everything about the Crimson is harder. The enemies hit harder by quite a bit, Face Monsters are surprisingly threatening for a fighter AI enemy when you’re just starting out, and Herplings and Ichor Stickers in particular are massive deathtraps in early Hardmode. In fact, those two enemies can sometimes make Crimson more frustrating than fun. Brain of Cthulhu is easy, but you can literally just win the Worm fight completely mindlessly with Demon Bow + jester arrows, or Vilethorn, or Ball o’ Hurt, or Vampire Frogs.

I still prefer Crimson for its aesthetics and its loot generally caters more to my more aggressive playstyle, but I wouldn’t call it easier.

A. you can't just kill it,cause you need to kill the minions.THen,the brains illusions are really hard to decipher,and it gets really close.
A) Minimap
B) Target with minions

As for my preferred biome, Crimson. Corruption music still hits harder than the belt is better, but I just have more fun with the Crimson. Having more variety of enemies is a lot more fun than just fighting off a swarm of EoS. I feel like they had more ideas with the Crimson.

A) Minimap
B) Target with minions

As for my preferred biome, Crimson. Corruption music still hits harder than the belt is better, but I just have more fun with the Crimson. Having more variety of enemies is a lot more fun than just fighting off a swarm of EoS. I feel like they had more ideas with the Crimson.
And that's why they created the new gen of consoles, normally the next gen is better and we can say that crimson came after corruption so of couse it's more detailed and planned. But i think that corruption fits better than a fleshy grass

Infectors aren’t supposed to make sense. If it suits the world around it, then why should I stop it from spreading? Also, if you think of the crimson as a giant organism it actually makes perfect sense that it would grow.
Well, of course crimson is a fleshy grass, but the appearance of crimson says:"something died here and there and everywhere" (bones and eyes everywhere) and also is would make more sense for some designs, the "Crimson thing that you go to smash hearts" would be a place where parasites would live (my theory dont judge me I'm dumb). And which infectors? corruption only fits bcause it's a good evil (the one that you would go in real life without throwing out some food from our stomach) and because came before so you get used to, but it still evil so yeah, clean it or let it in a controlled ecosystem on a biome sphere or something like that.

And which infectors? corruption only fits bcause it's a good evil (the one that you would go in real life without throwing out some food from our stomach) and because came before so you get used to, but it still evil so yeah, clean it or let it in a controlled ecosystem on a biome sphere or something like that.
Infectors are what I refer to the spreading biomes as. Corruption simply doesn't feel like enough of a threat to really control. It's enemies are both extremely weak and not nearly as disgusting as the crimson, and it doesn't feel alien enough to really actually fit a biome that you should be opposing.

boss wise I say the brain is easier
The stats are REALLY pathetic
A few hits with any weapon with like 35 dmg and the boss second phase is done in seconds
The first phase is easy to handle cuz the boss and its minions are very slow , and infinite piercing weapon gets this done in secondes
Eow is harder cuz every time you hit the middle it splits up, allowing it to hit you more and more, the stats are good, getting more defensive the farther u reach the back, and the damage gets highest in the front, it also doesn't take 5 seconds to kill
The boss loot for brain is better tho.
crimtane armor is class freindly while shadow armor is purely melee
While demon bow is "faster" it is barely notice able and the damage is only 1 higher than platinum bow while tendon bow is at 19 dmg
blood butcherer is more dmg and better range
but in hm the tables turn
ichor arrows have a stronger debuff and are faster but have average dmg
cursed arrows have the 2nd highest dmg
golden shower can only be used in switched mainly for its debuff, while curse flames profits off of that and boosts its dps to insane ammounts
bladetounge is weaker than excalibur except for its ichor stream
toxicarp is moderatly good for ranger, but I feel like its very good for enemies and bosses that fly over you, like the twins
vamp knives should only be used when ur hp reaches a certain amount, otherwise your just missing out on dps
scourge of the corruptor is very good for dps but does not heal

in general, crimson is better in phm
And corruption is better in hm
none is better than the other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom