Corruption or Crimson? Which do you prefer?

Corruption or Crimson

• Corruption

Votes: 173 45.3%
  • Crimson

Votes: 209 54.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Though I prefer Shadow Armor (in terms of looks), I prefer the Crimson over the Corruption.
Maybe it's just my strange like for creepy things in games that are not 100% intended to scare you...but, I don't know.
Maybe it's just the meat.

Crimson. Aside from some of the points others have made such as Vampire Knives being Crimson-exclusive, in the early-game you can setup a quick AFK coin farm using a basic lava trap for some good money.

The corruption is better for new players, with the easy-to-kill EoW, but I much prefer the Crimson, as it provides much better weapons as well as the creepier feeling.

Corruption because I like building my main base around an Altar and the Corruption ones look better.
Shadow Orbs look cooler floating around after removing the surrounding corruption
The Shadow Orb item is very useful to me prehardmode since I don't need to carry many torches
The Band of Star Power is far more useful than the Panic Necklace
Eater of Worlds drops one of those useless but cool pets
Scourge of the Corruptor fits my play style far better than Vampire Knives
I import crimson blocks from other worlds anyways so I can get most of the crimson specific items while keeping the Altars and Orbs that are specific to Corruption worlds.

Corruption, because it is much easier.
EoW can be defeated before you have really good enough gear, making it better suited to speed-playthroughs, which I tend towards.
Really, it isn't hard to survive the corrupt chasms, while the crimson has the semi-knockback-resistant face monster, which is much harder to kill than the eaters of souls.
I have to agree with Ery, the shadow orb (item) provides light, which is always useful.
In terms of hardmode...
While, honestly,I haven't really played as much hardmode as pre-hardmode.

Corruption because I like building my main base around an Altar and the Corruption ones look better.
Shadow Orbs look cooler floating around after removing the surrounding corruption
The Shadow Orb item is very useful to me prehardmode since I don't need to carry many torches
The Band of Star Power is far more useful than the Panic Necklace
Eater of Worlds drops one of those useless but cool pets
Scourge of the Corruptor fits my play style far better than Vampire Knives
I import crimson blocks from other worlds anyways so I can get most of the crimson specific items while keeping the Altars and Orbs that are specific to Corruption worlds.

It annoys me that you cant take an altar with you, given that its a crafting station that your world may one day be without. Maybe we should have craftable altars and shadow orb/crimson heart decorations..

Corruption: nostalgia, SotC, cursed bullets (love 'em), also, the crimson armor makes the game feel too...easy.

Every time I spawn a world with corruption, I sigh, as Crimson is very much my prefered zone. Honestly, it's mostly because I don't have those damn flying mouth eyes bum-rushing me every two seconds. Early on, it's hard to explore sometimes because of how many spawn. I usually spend my first time in the corruption closing up all the holes in the ground so that I never have to deal with the eye mouths when running through to other biomes.

I like the Crimson a lot better. The Vampire Knives (to me) are better than the Scourge of the Corruptor. I also liked the Brain of Cthulhu fight more than the Eater of Worlds, because I set up a small arena inside the big open area of the Crimson Caves and had fun dodging his attacks and the like.

I know how everybody worships the Vampire Knives, but in my opinion......

The Knives are indeed a good weapon, but I think the reason why everybody likes them is because they possess a unique quality found on nothing else I know of: Life Leech.

I think that kind of dulls peoples' senses to some of the flaws behind the Knives:

1). Far, far lower damage than the Scourge
2). The Knives are a terrible weapon to use in narrow passages (like some areas of HM Dungeon for example).

To get the most out of the 'knives, you really need to be fighting hordes of enemies. The knives wreck face in things like Pirate Invasions, Solar Eclipse, etc.

However, the Scourge will rule anything underground. It does far more damage, can go through one block thick walls, and releases homing projectiles. You literally do not have to aim with the Scourge whatsoever. BUT, it is balanced in that it is not an AoE weapon; the Scourge is what you want when you are fighting a single powerful enemy. The Knives are what you reach for when you have a bunch of small fry you want to get rid of fast.

I find that it seems like Red wants to nudge us all into getting both of these weapons. Together, they are ridiculously powerful for any melee-geared character.

Oh, and... on the subject of golden shower...

I prefer Megashark+Ichor Bullets. Same effect, but you don't have to keep swapping weapons and/or spending Mana. 4k Ichor Bullets will mow anything down in record time.

I'd say the corruption,because it was the first version of either that I played on,and I loved running around it,plus scourge of the corrupter ftw!

I prefer both the same because corruption represents the game more and it's older. Also the corruption is harder than crimson in hard mode but easier than Crimson in prehardmode. Yes, scourge of the corrupter summons tiny bee like minions but vampire knives heal you. Crimson background may be bloody and fleshy but if you look carefully, the corruption background is darker. I do think Terraria is supposed to be evil in a way.
Crimson has the better loot and is more challenging in pre-hard mode.
Corruption has the more challenging hard mode mobs and represent s the game more.
Also, I have a world with Crimson and corruption both, but I die in the corruption more. Besides, Crimson is easier then it gives you VAMPIRE KNIVES???
Crimson has better weapons and is easier and corruption vice versa.
Besides, corruption makes the game more toony while Crimson adds blood and gory things.
But then, why compare it when they are just really alternates of each other. That's why I choose both equally

I like them both equally.
Crimson armour set is one of my favourite ones in the game. The helmet is one of my favourites for it's look.
Vampire Knives are also nice.
However, I just sorta like the corruption overall. It's a cool biome.

Corruption, because:
- Nostalgic reasons. My first world was corrupted. I didn't even know of Crimson until much later.
- I prefer the colour purple over red.
- The Crimson is gross, with all that deformed meat everywhere. Yuck.
- I really love smacking those flying bugs across my screen.

A pity that Crimson almost always has the better items though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom