Corruption or Crimson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trunklord

Terrarian
So, I'm extremely fond of Corruption worlds. Crimson has good things, but something about the Corruption just feels good.

I was just musing to my roommate (who also plays) that it seemed Corruption worlds were better for Expert Mode, and Crimson better for Normal. Does anyone else have this same thought?

And as an aside, I'm kind of sad there's nothing that allows for a world to have both Crimson AND Corruption at world spawn, outside of a possible mod. I mean, on Medium and Large worlds, I'll find 2-3 zones of corruption/crimson, so why not have one side of the map be red and the other purple, much like how the Jungle is always on the opposite side of the Dungeon.

Corruption is definitely a bit better for Expert, for two reasons:
- EoW's Expert drop is way more useful than BoC's.
- The Vampire Knives are much less useful in Expert due to life drain effects being weaker.

Overall, I just generally prefer Corruption, particularly for the aesthetics. I prefer purple and green over red and yellow.

Corruption is definitely a bit better for Expert, for two reasons:
- EoW's Expert drop is way more useful than BoC's.
- The Vampire Knives are much less useful in Expert due to life drain effects being weaker.

Overall, I just generally prefer Corruption, particularly for the aesthetics. I prefer purple and green over red and yellow.

Yeah, I was noticing that EoW had an insane item for Expert.

What about a dual-type world with both Crimson and Corruption?

I personally don't like my world to be red and bloody. Let's say my entire world got corrupted, I would rather have purple land than a hellish landscape.
Corruption has a very good expert mode item, too.

I agree about the aesthetics. Even though I started playing well after Crimson was added, Corruption feels like the classic. It really stands on its own, while Crimson is an interesting variation, but just doesn't feel fully equal somehow.

But my biggest complaint about Crimson is the lack of the Band of Starpower, which cuts of a series of useful magic oriented accessories. On the other hand ichor is powerful too, I should probably do another Crimson world soon, for variety sake.

I kind of which Crimson had been an extra weird thing that could infect your world or something, rather than have it be one or the other.

I'm not sure.

Corruption, mostly for the aesthetics (Which feels a lot better, IMO) and awesome EoW expert drop.

Crimson, because baghnakhs.

I like the Crimson more for the aesthetic. When I venture into the Crimson, I get the feeling that I should not be there. It feels dangerous and evil. The Corruption feels more like a dark forest than a true evil. Crimson's Ichor items are better than Corruption's Cursed Flames. And the Crimson caves are easier to navigate than the Corruption chasms.

Crimson has more difficult enemies though (especially in haardmode).

But you can always (manually) put both in the same world or use TerraCustom to generate one patch of each. Of course, your world will still inherently be one or the other, but it's the closest you can get.

Interesting. I think you're the first person I've heard say they prefer Crimson on aesthetics. I do agree about the "shouldn't be there" feeling. It's very creepy and alien, and the music is more dramatic.

Corruption

Pros

+Weaker hostiles

+Awesome musket

+Less scary

+Smells better

Cons

-Over all loot is not as good as crimson

-Hard to navigate caves

-Less challange

-spreads in hardmode

Crimson

Pros

+Better loot

+Easy to navigate

+I like red better

+More challange

+Vampire knives

Cons

-Extremely scary. I have to turn down the music whenever I go there.

-Harder enamies

-Discourages you from playing the game at all

-Smells bad

-spreads in hardmode

The corruption is over all better. I am tired of having to change my underwear every time I leave the crimson.

I prefer Corruption
better designed enemies
purple color scheme
the chasms aren't a chore to get over when you're just starting and trying to get to the ocean for the angler
you can really just drop down into it without having to zig zag
I like the fish you get from the biome, the potions you make, and the hard mode weapon you can fish up
I like the worm boss just a little more than the brain boss
if you're trying to destroy altars, they're all nice in a row without having to twist your way around into separate hallways

okay, the one thing the Crimson does have over Corruption is the heart lantern that looks like a butt, it's cute

i have both expert world, crimson and corruption but i prefer crimson over corruption. in terms of challenge and content. i suggest you play them both and you'll know the answer for yourself.

The corruption has EoW scarf... as you can tell by my avatar I was playing as a mage, so I had god-low defense. But worm-scarf paired with endurance potion did a 27% damage reduction along with my 42 defense, so playing in corruption was so worth it.
But I really like the crimson's atmosphere. That is really something that makes new characters want to leave the corruption ASAP, Also corruption has ichor. Nut the Worm scarf makes the corruption a better choice for mages IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom