Corruption or Crimson?

Corruption or Crimson?

• Total voters
i prefer the corruption, because the crimson is basically a recolored version of the corruption with overpowered items.

In a playthrough, I usually want a Crimson, but since world gen hates me, i keep seeing "Making the world evil" I guess corruption just grew on me, so corruption it is. Though the chasms in the corruption are annoying, but it adds to the challenge. Plus vilethorn

I prefer the Corruption a little more to the Crimson. Mainly because of the heavier focus on Darkness compared to the Crimson's Life/Flesh theme, even though it is also a "Dark Biome". Purple is also a color I like more than Red. And I love Cursed Flames more than Ichor. It doesn't matter that the Crimson's items are slightly stronger overall, I find the Corruption's items to be more interesting appearance/function wise.

I can't really vote because I have a rather neutral opinion. I feel that they are (mostly) balanced, though sadly it depends on which class you play.

Magic favors Corruption, because the Band of Starpower is rather important for a mage (moreso than anything the Crimson offers).
Melee favors Crimson, because of the Bladetongue and Fetid Baghnakhs (awesome early hardmode weapons) and the various Ichor stuff. (Ichor flasks ftw!)

Magic does get the Life Drain, but it never really seemed like that good of a weapon to me.

Not sure about ranged, I don't really see where either really benefits over the other, except for perhaps the Dart Pistol appears to be slightly better than the Rifle, though I will say that Ichor Bullets might be attractive in some situations.

As for early game, Crimson Armor is awesome, but these days I don't find myself really noticing it that much (If you're more of a newbie and take lots of hits on a regular basis, then you might like it). The only time I'd use Crimson Armor is when I'm Ranged -- Melee gets Molten, Magic gets Jungle/Meteorite.

In Hardmode, Corruption makes it a LOT easier to get a Blindfold and Vitamins (you farm both in the same place) whereas Crimson, you need to farm them separately (Mummies are the only thing that drops a Blindfold in Crimson, while the Vitamin mobs are Underground and seem rarer than the Corruptors).

In Easymode, Corruption is a little harder to navigate, but the boss is far, far easier.

Underground Corruption is a bit deadlier than Crimson (There are two enemies with ranged attacks in Corruption, and only 1 in Crimson and that 1 doesn't even hit all that hard).

So uh... depends on the playstyle. Otherwise, I'm neutral on it.

Weird flesh and blood theme
Cool shadow and darkness theme

Corruption wins. It's what I had in my first world, so I got used to it. And EoW is more fun to beat than BoC. Worm bosses are the best. Plus all the cool weapons and accessories, and baby eater. Also, scourge of the corrupter is OP with magma stone. The vampire knives are nice, but spectre armor does the same thing better

The vampire knives are nice, but spectre armor does the same thing better

Except for, you know, the Spectre armor having a lot less defense and the lack of damage mitigation? lol.

Solar Flare Armor, every hit you take (as long as you have the buff), is -30% damage AND ~100+ defense (with Warding accessories) with the VKs.
Spectre Armor is what, 40 Defense and no damage mitigation? lol.

Get hit with a 160 damage Death Ray and with the former, you'd take either 57 or 73 damage (I forget which gets applied first).
With the latter, you'd take 140 damage.

Purely by theme, Corruption. The Crimson freaks me the heck out so much worse, and I just...do not care for it at all. I just like the Corruption's aesthetic and music and enemies a lot better themewise.

Of course almost every single world I randomly generate winds up Crimsoned due to this fact.

Of course almost every single world I randomly generate winds up Crimsoned due to this fact.

I find that most of my worlds turn out Crimson too.

Though the latest one was Corruption and I'm like "Time to try a magic playthrough!"

Except for, you know, the Spectre armor having a lot less defense and the lack of damage mitigation? lol.

Solar Flare Armor, every hit you take (as long as you have the buff), is -30% damage AND ~100+ defense (with Warding accessories) with the VKs.
Spectre Armor is what, 40 Defense and no damage mitigation? lol.

Get hit with a 160 damage Death Ray and with the former, you'd take either 57 or 73 damage (I forget which gets applied first).
With the latter, you'd take 140 damage.
But see, with spectre armor it doesn't matter that it has less defense, because it freakin heals you. I am normally healed 20-30 per hit, and with bubble gun, it wrecks. And don't even bring up mana as a comeback to this. With the right accessories, mana is not a problem. Also, I was comparing vampire knives to spectre armor. Solar armor has nothing to do with what I was saying, and is an endgame armor. This thread is about corruption vs Crimson, not best armor. Thank you

Also, I was comparing vampire knives to spectre armor.

See, therein lies the problem: You are comparing Weapons to Armor, or as the common figure of speech goes, Apples to Oranges.

Weapons and Armor are not exclusive to each other. You can't go "You don't need Vampire Knives because Spectre Armor exists!" especially when Spectre Armor is a Magic Armor and Vampire Knives is a melee weapon.

Now, you COULD perhaps, maybe, say that "You don't need Life Drain because you have Spectre Armor!" .... that would be a slightly better argument, since they are both part of the Magic playstyle.

Now the argument that Healing=Mitigation... in some cases, it can be. Depends if you can actually heal enough, to out-heal the damage. If not, then no... Mitigation might be better. I used the Moon Lord as an example... yes, you see how good your Spectre Armor's healing is while you have Moon Bite on you....

This thread is about corruption vs Crimson, not best armor. Thank you

Hey, hey, no need for the snippy tone. I was merely pointing out why your argument was not a particularly good one, and I was certainly not comparing "Best Armor". I was saying why it was not a very good thing to do to compare the VKs against the Spectre Armor.

See, therein lies the problem: You are comparing Weapons to Armor, or as the common figure of speech goes, Apples to Oranges.

Weapons and Armor are not exclusive to each other. You can't go "You don't need Vampire Knives because Spectre Armor exists!" especially when Spectre Armor is a Magic Armor and Vampire Knives is a melee weapon.

Now, you COULD perhaps, maybe, say that "You don't need Life Drain because you have Spectre Armor!" .... that would be a slightly better argument, since they are both part of the Magic playstyle.

Now the argument that Healing=Mitigation... in some cases, it can be. Depends if you can actually heal enough, to out-heal the damage. If not, then no... Mitigation might be better. I used the Moon Lord as an example... yes, you see how good your Spectre Armor's healing is while you have Moon Bite on you....

Hey, hey, no need for the snippy tone. I was merely pointing out why your argument was not a particularly good one, and I was certainly not comparing "Best Armor". I was saying why it was not a very good thing to do to compare the VKs against the Spectre Armor.
The reason why I was comparing "apples to oranges" is because they both have a life steal effect. This means they are comparable, because they are doing the same thing, in different ways. The original reason I was comparing them was because I was making a point for corruption over Crimson, and many people believe vampire knives are better than the scourge of the corrupter, and I was showing alternatives to the vampire life steal.

I apologize if my closing comment was "snippy" I didn't mean it like that. I don't support put downs.

Also, I am a mobile terrarian so right now spectre armor is the possibly the best bet, I wouldn't know how it would do against moon lord. My strategy is do basically let a boss sit on top of my while I have mana cuffs and spectre armor, and it's highly effective.

Also, I am interested in your opinion on whether Crimson or corruption is better, per related to the thread.

Also, I am interested in your opinion on whether Crimson or corruption is better, per related to the thread.

Well, as I've said already in the thread, I am entirely neutral -- I like them both. They both have their ups and downs.

I apologize if my closing comment was "snippy" I didn't mean it like that.

Fair enough. It sounded a bit snippy, but then I could have just been reading that wrong.

Again, I would like to apologize. My parents are both lawyers, have raised me as such, I have been on high school debate for years, I have three brothers, and what I'm trying to say is that sometimes I get fired up over the little things. Hope we can be friends :)

Again, I would like to apologize. My parents are both lawyers, have raised me as such, I have been on high school debate for years, I have three brothers, and what I'm trying to say is that sometimes I get fired up over the little things. Hope we can be friends :)

*nodnods* np at all. I don't hold grudges, lol. Or at least I try not to... I ain't perfect anymore than anybody else is, haha.

But yeah, it's fine. No problem at all.

Crimson FTW. You have Vampire Knives, the almighty Icor, and a nice challenge. All the Devs need to do to make the crimson (Basically) Perfect is to add a Alt Hallow, like The Cyber.

Aesthetically, I prefer the Crimson. It seems to have a much stronger theme, which makes quite an impression. My first time venturing into the Crimson terrified me with the intense music and freaky face monsters. It was love at first fright.

Back
Top Bottom