Corruption-Proofing: Would This Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizardead

Skeletron
So my world had corruption right next to the jungle again and instead of digging a portal to hell I decided to box it in, with the edge of the map acting as the rightmost pit. Would this work or should I do it the usual way?

It works for pre hard mode.

But for every alter you destroy after WoF a random corruption block spawns somewhere.

It would work. Just make the pit wide enough.

I believe Chlorophyte now repels the corruption though, so don't worry about it too much. Corruption spread rate pre-Plantera is overrated anyways; I never had any trouble with it.

Last edited:
It would work. Just make the pit wide enough.

I believe Chlorophyte now repels the corruption though, so don't worry about it too much. Corruption spread rate pre-Plantera is overrated.

Chlorophyte can turn dirt into mud and then spread into that, but it has a limit and will not do so very often. Corruption can still take it over.

The best way is to simply plant Hallow everywhere ASAP, right when entering Hardmode. Just go to the Dryad and buy a stack of Hallowed Seeds. Plant them everywhere. Above ground, underground, everywhere. Just make little patches of Hallow all over your world and let it spread. Use the Clentaminator ASAP. I was lucky/unlucky enough to have the Hallow generate inside my jungle, so my jungle was pretty much surrounded with Hallow, although that left me with not a lot of Hallow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom