Corruption seriously pisses me off

IAmAMan

Terrarian
for some reason, my terraria game is cursed when it comes to corruption, the amount of enemies that spawn and their rate makes it seem like the entire corruption biome is one big water candle, i can barely get enough breathing room to place a torch before 3 eater of souls suddenly come out of nowhere

for example, one time i saw a playthrough of a for the worthy, master mode, hardmode playthrough, with the guy in the middle of the corruption, only around 3 enemies spawned within 10 seconds

as for me, im in expert mode pre-hardmode at the edge of the corruption, and suddenly 6 eater of souls appear out of nowhere and shred me apart, and it ONLY happens with corruption, with crimson, its relatively normal

TL;DR - my corruption biome is cursed to spawn hoards of mobs like its a blood moon

I feel the same for some reason, the spawnrate in surface Corruption in pre-Hardmode is absurd at times. But when you gather stronger gears this becomes a blessing, as you can easily farm for Rotten Chunks & money.

I feel the same for some reason, the spawnrate in surface Corruption in pre-Hardmode is absurd at times. But when you gather stronger gears this becomes a blessing, as you can easily farm for Rotten Chunks & money.
ye

corruption is a lot worse in early pre-hardmode than crimson (and generally worse throughout pre-hardmode in expert mode) but the number of enemies can be useful for loot farming.
Although, if you are patient about it, the shadow armor or whatever that drops can be good for a little defense in very early pre-hardmode and the EoW can be a nice first boss, especially on challenge runs.

The worst thing is crimson/corruption can corrupt jungle, including underground, but you can't convert dirt into mud without replacing every block while purifying. That's why "purify" function in TEdit is a thing

Saw this and experienced it myself, so here's a meme that helped me push through it(I generally just grind put abunch of banners for the defense damage buffs)

Attachments

• 5q72gr.jpg
    5q72gr.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 77
I find that once you start getting banners and spreading them out across the surface it kind of feels like you're gradually conquering it. That said, playing getfixedboi and as soon as I use the magic conch to go to the corruption I am instantly attacked by 6 eaters. It's totally obnoxious.

My favorite thing about corruption is how the hardmode one loves to spawn with one of my pylons right in the middle.

Meanwhile me who had corruption generate IN MY DUNGEON so when fighting Skeletron i not just had to deal with 1 massive skeleton boss but also eater of souls and stuff

corruption is absolutely cracked
going into its hardmode varient in master mode for the first time was a bit of a rude awakening %:sigh:

Back
Top Bottom