Console Corruption spread non existent except in snow?

Soulstar

Terrarian
I've been noticing this in a lot of worlds pre hard then hard where corruption is in ice but the path to it is non existent with no seeds. (I've looked for demonite ore another seed besides ebon) with this comes the hunt for corruption key molds which is harder than normal due to a odd lack of corruption minus on the surface. Any suggestions how to speed this up? The cleminator isn't selling corruption bottles on any world also.

I've been noticing this in a lot of worlds pre hard then hard where corruption is in ice but the path to it is non existent with no seeds. (I've looked for demonite ore another seed besides ebon) with this comes the hunt for corruption key molds which is harder than normal due to a odd lack of corruption minus on the surface. Any suggestions how to speed this up? The cleminator isn't selling corruption bottles on any world also.
I'm sorry, are you trying to spread the corruption or contain it? I believe corruption and crimson clentaminator ammo is only sold during blood moons in their respective worlds.

Its actually related to surface and underworld changes. The overworld snow biome is perfectly normal but cavern or lower there's a significant amount of corruption, crimson, or hallowed zooming through. On top of this is the fact no demon altars are touched to trigger the increased rate.

I'm just curious how the spread works in general and how fast. The savefiles I sent to pipeworks for their testing show this on 3 worlds and one is still in pre hard mode with corruption spreading to the ocean... Also when using the cleminator once to wipe of corruption on a world in hard mode I was getting ore spawn messages without smashing altars but shooting in a corrupt base.... Is that normal?

Its actually related to surface and underworld changes. The overworld snow biome is perfectly normal but cavern or lower there's a significant amount of corruption, crimson, or hallowed zooming through. On top of this is the fact no demon altars are touched to trigger the increased rate.

I'm just curious how the spread works in general and how fast. The savefiles I sent to pipeworks for their testing show this on 3 worlds and one is still in pre hard mode with corruption spreading to the ocean... Also when using the cleminator once to wipe of corruption on a world in hard mode I was getting ore spawn messages without smashing altars but shooting in a corrupt base.... Is that normal?
The Cleminator might have destroyed the corruption altar, I'll have to test it out to confirm this.

That's because snow can't be corrupted but ice blocks can. Dunno about the rate of change. Purifying the corruption beneath an altar breaks it.

Hmm... I wonder if purifying it before wall of flesh was it then and afterward it chain spawned the ore messages? That might be the answer for the altars... I do have over crimson snow biome so that would mean a chunk of crimson ice was near the surface right? Enough to altar the background?

Hmm... I wonder if purifying it before wall of flesh was it then and afterward it chain spawned the ore messages? That might be the answer for the altars... I do have over crimson snow biome so that would mean a chunk of crimson ice was near the surface right? Enough to altar the background?
Sounds like the most plausible answers to me. :)

You could always contain a biome, by mining a 3+ block gap around the biome that you want to "keep clean".

This should work as the corruption/crimson/hallow shouldn't be able to spread if there is a gap.

You could always contain a biome, by mining a 3+ block gap around the biome that you want to "keep clean".

This should work as the corruption/crimson/hallow shouldn't be able to spread if there is a gap.
Except every time you break an altar random stones get corrupted

Purifying the corruption beneath an altar breaks it.
Really? That doesn't make much sense, given that Altars can spawn on nearly any natural block. Then again, you have access to a computer right now (I think) and I don't, so I guess I'll believe that.

OP, as said before, Snow is incorruptible. Ice can be corrupted, but not Snow.

Really? That doesn't make much sense, given that Altars can spawn on nearly any natural block. Then again, you have access to a computer right now (I think) and I don't, so I guess I'll believe that.

OP, as said before, Snow is incorruptible. Ice can be corrupted, but not Snow.
I believe it's a bug specific to console.

Back
Top Bottom