Weapons & Equip Cosmic Gear: The Final (Fron)Tier! (sprites)

Snickerbobble

The Painter
Cosmic Gear is back! These are just a collection of items that I feel could be a lot of fun, and are obtainable from the Lunar Event.. whatever that is! Hope you like 'em.

j0WhNlp.png

First off, this is sorta how I picture the Lunar Boss. Not much can be said other than that's no normal moon!

Now for the loot!

As I have no idea what to balance stuff around, I will not mention stats. Just how things work. Armors all have generic increased damage, crit, reduced mana, etc.

VN06O74.png

Blackhole Armor
'You suck'
Shadow Armor upgrade
Greatly increases melee speed and movement speed
Harms nearby enemies and deals heavy, rapid damage to enemies who touch
Inflicts Cosmic Distortion debuff (greatly slows down targets) to enemies

UwmZShR.png

Nebula Armor
Crimson Armor upgrade
Red stars appear slowly over time, circling you and will hunt out any hearts on screen to heal you
Enemies defeated may drop gold hearts which heal 25 each

FEGDoe0.png

Comet Armor
Meteor Armor upgrade
Increased mana regeneration
Comets appear and circle the player the longer the player goes without taking damage, comets home in on enemies to inflict Absolute Zero debuff (-12 HP per second)
Magic attacks inflict Frostburn

2utiNLx.png

Exo Armor
Necro Armor upgrade
All bullets bounce like Meteor Shots, but can bounce up to 5 times. Meteor shots bounce 8.
All arrows can pierce up to 5 enemies, or more if the arrow allows more.
All fired ammo ignores gravity
50% chance not to consume ammo

qsdewRs.png

Terra Armor
'I am me'
Jungle Armor upgrade
Increased magic criticals
Collected stars also heal 20 HP
Branches and leaves circle around the player to harm enemies and possibly block projectiles

7cuLwUD.png

Supernova Armor
'You're hot'
Molten Armor upgrade
Leaves behind a fire trail that inflicts Solar Flare debuff (-10 HP per second)
Inflicts Solar Flare debuff on attack
Greatly emits light

rlOuDwz.png

Void Blade
Distorts space when swung. Enemies that enter cosmic distortion take heavy, rapid damage
Throws a dark matter blob that splatters

uUoRziJ.png

Storm of the Stars
Starfury upgrade
Rains stars on enemies like the old Starfury. Spawns 1 big star and 4 small stars per swing. The big star will pass through all blocks until it reaches where you clicked.

x8bR6vO.png

Dual Phasesabers
Phasesaber upgrade (new colors too!)
Fast swings nearly put the player in a force field
Bullets and lasers are reflected back to sender

139hpIr.png

Equinox
Sunfury and Blue Moon upgrade
Lashes out a more harmful Sunfury that then swings a Blue Moon around. Sunfury inflicts Solar Flare debuff and leaves behind a fire trail.

YBDjnZF.png

Space Needle
Extra long spear
Paralyzes enemies
Can be redirected when thrusted
Doesn't pull back in until you release mouse button

2JGjseU.png

Star Splitter
Fires 4 arrows per shot
All arrows have insane speed and gain holy arrow's effect ontop of their own

vzcT63N.png

Phoenix Star
Phoenix Blaster upgrade
All shots inflict Solar Flare debuff
Bullets leave behind a fire trail

Tbvh8Yj.png

Galacticannon
Star Cannon upgrade
Fires Fallen Stars at double the size
Stars explode upon contact with a block
Stars behave like Spazmaminis after hitting at least one enemy, and explode after 3 hits

KqU8cfw.png

Galacto Knives
Thrown out like a giant shuriken which then splits apart in 8 high damaging knives

aUI0Zh7.png

Blackhole Bomb
Stronger grenade, leaves behind a black hole that sucks in enemies for massive damage

afYcrgx.png

Shooting Star
Rainbow Rod upgrade
Casts a controllable shooting star
Successful hits will summon a fallen star down for massive damage.

FlShunh.png

Solar Flare
Vilethorn upgrade
Greatly extended reach and inflicts Solar Flare debuff.

JBpFH1j.png

Supernova Scepter
Inferno Fork upgrade
Casts a dying star that explodes into a longer lasting supernova
Can be fired through blocks

d48aK91.png

Saturn Scythe
Demon Scythe upgrade
Fires a larger scythe which slows down as it hits an enemy for extra hits

xkxcRmj.png

Zapinator
'Can turn angels into statues'
Zaps enemies with deadly bolts of red lightning
Can move enemies around caught inside the bolts
I asked @Redigit if Zapinator will return and he responded with "I dunno, do people still want that?" Red pls, yes!

iCjBFaX.png

Moon's Melody
Magic Harp upgrade
Plays a better tuned harp with longer lasting notes
Notes home in on enemies

wQZ0Oni.png

Lunar Staff
'That's no moon..'
Summons a Death Orb to fight for you

gj7cJUH.png

Death Orb
Fires lasers at further enemies and fires a mega laser every few shots

KjhYeYw.png

Invader Staff
'Drop down, increase speed, and reverse direction!'
Summons an Invader to fight for you

rzvslCI.png

Invaders
Invaders will fly over enemies and drop down to stun them while rapidly dealing damage.

w1nZsRh.png

UFO Mount
Fly around in a UFO for unlimited flight!

That's it for now, still.. I'm really wanting to get around for a Bee armor upgrade and accessories. Oh well, hope you like what I have so far at least!

cosmic-gear-banner-by-darthmorf-support-png.139129

Thanks for the banner, @darthmorf !

mS5GPfH.png

Old Blackhole Armor

UGZEPkF.png

Old Nebula Armor

dlC1hw0.png

Old Supernova Armor

WBmEoVD.png

Old Solar Flare

Nsy7dXw.png

Old Blackhole Bomb

Last edited:
I <3 it. But needs a bit more detail. Like more stats.

SUPPORT LEVEL: 78/100

I like how the old obsolete armours are used to craft your armours. Never a bad thing to use useless items in upgrades in my opinion.
I don't like every sprite here but most of them are quite nice. Nice job. :)

Edit: I should clarify about the sprites: They all look nice, but I wouldn't want to run around in most of your armours. They don't really look... armour'y. If you know what I mean.

Last edited:
This is really cool, I have to be honest. Though some statistic, armour and weapons for example, providing would be nice so I can determine the balance of the armour. Anyway, this is all pretty neat and I'm loving the sprites.

I honestly wanna see a dev in this forum to see what they think, this is by far my absolute favorite suggestion yet. I mean just since these are supposed to be a tier higher than the current endgame, just scale it a bit above the current. and even before the actual stats are in this is still outstanding.

Welcome back! I've been nagging for far too long; now it's here, and glorious as ever. I do hope @Cenx notices this, because it's huge, detailed, clever, and extremely creative.

What I find funny is that everyone was technically incorrect in calling you "Azure"...

Edit: Noticed that Exo Armor granting pierce to all bullets would hinder DPS somewhat for fast-firing weapons and shotguns... it might be better to add bouncing without the pierce effect for non-Meteor Shots.

Last edited:
If something from this doesnt get added then we should go to Red with fiery pitchforks... (just kidding)

But here's my support level: OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Should come as no surprise to anyone who has ever paid attention to my posts, but I'm loving the Space Needle, as well as the Death Orb and Invader minions. :D

*e* Reading failure. Asked for something that was mentioned was coming.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the comments!
sZKqgjr.png

Welcome back! I've been nagging for far too long; now it's here, and glorious as ever. I do hope @Cenx notices this, because it's huge, detailed, clever, and extremely creative.

What I find funny is that everyone was technically incorrect in calling you "Azure"...

Edit: Noticed that Exo Armor granting pierce to all bullets would hinder DPS somewhat for fast-firing weapons and shotguns... it might be better to add bouncing without the pierce effect for non-Meteor Shots.
I edited Exo Armor a bit. Just a little hard trying to find out how to balance with the fast-firing and slow-firing guns.

Back
Top Bottom