*COUGH* Is-Is this thing on?

Tell me a fun fact. Not about anything in particular, just a fun fact you know about.

What is your favourite (or least favourite) part of Terraria?

If you could change one thing about the game, what would you do and why is it removing Obsidian Water Walking Boots?

Oh, I have not touched Calamity past the first 2 minutes of playing. I vaguely remember hearing a song by... DM DORUKO(? I probably spelled that wrong), but it was so disgustingly non-Terraria that I didn't even bother remembering it. Let it be known now that I despise Calamity to the fullest extent.

If you were going for a mod with songs that fit into terraria, I would suggest various weathers, as there was at least an attempt to make it similar to terraria. If you were to listen to the calamity music, because I really say you should regardless of your opinion on the mod, then I would say to listen to it like you would with other music, instead of trying to see how well it fits, because the calamity music does not fit in the slightest.

Also what do you do for fun?

Tell me a fun fact. Not about anything in particular, just a fun fact you know about.

What is your favourite (or least favourite) part of Terraria?

If you could change one thing about the game, what would you do and why is it removing Obsidian Water Walking Boots?
The smell of rain hitting the earth is called "petrichor". You probably already knew that, but it's a really nice name for a really nice smell and I really appreciate that both it and the smell exist.

I really like the sense of exploration I get when I start a new game and go mining. I miss the feeling I had when I first bought this game of not knowing what to expect; I really wish the basic structure of the world was more loose and random, as in, having biomes and structures appear in more random locations in the world. A few examples I have would be:
  1. A Snow biome near an Ocean that's a bit closer to the center of the world.
  2. Having the Underworld's Ruined House clusters appear at different parts of the Underworld with every world.
  3. The Dungeon and Jungle possibly appearing closer to the center of the world, or even across a closer Ocean.
  4. The Crimson and Corruption spawning exclusively underground upon world generation, with a deteriorated tunnel leading to them via a surface opening.

I suppose that tangent could answer your final question, but I think I'm gonna go a bit broader (and a bit ballsier) and say that I wish I could inject a bit more... creativity, into the mix??? This probably doesn't really answer your question (and if so, just take the world structure thing, I guess), but Terraria's enemies and accessories, in particular, suffer from being largely boring and simplistic in function. You've already seen my take on Accessories with Accessory Rejuvenation, and I've tackled the issue on multiple other suggestions as well, but something I'm working on right now is adding Expert Mode and Master Mode behaviors to most, if not EVERY, enemy in the game. I can share the Doc with you, if you'd like, as long as you promise to not divulge its contents to anyone else.
I'm aware that all that would take a colossal amount of work to code, but, as per usual? I say that's what it takes to make a quality product.
The Obsidian Boots are a different story; they just feel like an unnecessary extra step.

What's you address, and when are you going on vacation next?

Do you like parkour?
Haha, you fool, I don't HAVE an address. Or money, actually; going on a vacation would be amazing but also I'll never be that rich.

With video games, it depends entirely on which game it is. In reality, :red: yeah, parkour's AWESOME!

If you were going for a mod with songs that fit into terraria, I would suggest various weathers, as there was at least an attempt to make it similar to terraria. If you were to listen to the calamity music, because I really say you should regardless of your opinion on the mod, then I would say to listen to it like you would with other music, instead of trying to see how well it fits, because the calamity music does not fit in the slightest.

Also what do you do for fun?
I'll get to doing that by the week's end.

Working on suggestions. But more so than that, I work on my "big mama" story, As Long as we Last.
You see the girl in my profile picture, Escence Nirom? Yeah, she's part of that, as are several other characters that you can find in my Art Space (which I haven't actually updated fully; it's a surprising amount of work, and I'm lazy). I can try to summarize the main plot, but I don't do that often, so it's going to take me a long :red:ing time. If you really want me to try, you can use a question for it, but don't expect me to answer it right away.

Last edited:
What would your opinion be if I tried to make a terraria texture pack with all of your sprites from Sprites - Accessory Rejuvenation and Expansion? Although it would mostly just be the balloons and obsidian rose, I would like to get some practice with texturing, and it might give some things a fresher look. Either that or some things just stand out from others.

Last edited:
What would your opinion be if I tried to make a terraria texture pack with all of your sprites from Sprites - Accessory Rejuvenation and Expansion? Although it would mostly just be the balloons and obsidian rose, I would like to get some practice with texturing, and it might give some things a fresher look. Either that or some things just stand out from others.
Yeah, I'm 100% fine with that. Share it with me when you're done, won't ya? `:p

When are we going to do a playthrough together?

What is your opinion on broccoli?

Which suggestion would you be happiest about if it got added? (If you've already answered something like that, and my brain just edited it out while I was reading, maybe just which suggestion from another person?)

I've always been tempted to ask this question.

If you could buff one armour set what would it be?

How many accessory slots would you have if you could pick any number?

On a scale of 1-10 how much do you like broccoli?

When are we going to do a playthrough together?

Which suggestion would you be happiest about if it got added? (If you've already answered something like that, and my brain just edited it out while I was reading, maybe just which suggestion from another person?)
Yo, that was what I was wondering.
I thought you meant we were gonna start either day-of or the next; when that ended up not being the thing that happened, I assumed you were gonna ask me as soon as you wanted to start, so I just waited.

My whiny child :red: has never tried broccoli thanks to that smell, so I couldn't say. It looks like a tree, though, so it gets points for that.
That smell is a solid 3 outta 10.

Nah, you're in the clear. Honestly, I would :red:ing flip if Repurposing Old Console Content was implemented.

If you could buff one armour set what would it be?

How many accessory slots would you have if you could pick any number?
frost armor

5 for Normal Mode, 6 for Expert Mode, and 6 for Master Mode. Having balance is what makes accessory combos fun.
Master Mode doesn't have 7 cuz I think it'd be cool to have the 6th slot boost its accessory somehow.

Sprites - Master mode Enchanced Expert drops. :dryadgrin:
V2JYims.png
But that's
no
You did the exact opposite of what I said I wanted, which was "not that".

Well you said you wanted the 6th accessory slot to boost accessories, and the boosts could be what I provided in that idea, the ideas are in no way the same it's just that I immediately thought of them when you said it....

Anyway.....

Speaking of Master mode do you think enemy damage needs to be increased for it? I mean expert enemies already deal too much damage.

Last edited:
Well you said you wanted the 6th accessory slot to boost accessories, and the boosts could be what I provided in that idea, the ideas are in no way the same it's just that I immediately thought of them when you said it....

Anyway.....

Speaking of Master mode do you think enemy damage needs to be increased for it? I mean expert enemies already deal too much damage.
Ooooh, I see the correlation now. No, it's 'cuz I remember seeing a suggestion that was straight-up what I said, and I thought you were implying that that was yours.
I think that might be one of Isosceless's suggestions, actually. Is she still even here, anywhere?

I think Expert needs to be lowered to about ~1.4x as a basic guideline; stats should be adjusted per-enemy so nothing's too weak or too strong. MASTER should be what Expert is now, but more well-balanced (it's currently ~2x, with a few stat adjustments here and there).
What the goal should be is getting the enemies to hit more OFTEN. Changing enemy AIs to be more complex and/or tricky makes them harder to dodge, but, in return, you feel a lot more satisfied once you become able to pull it off, and you, therefore, have more fun doing it.
The fact that Relogic even decided to release a SECOND harder difficulty is both brash and ballsy as :red:, simply because of how poorly-done Expert Mode is and how much work would be required to make both a proper Expert Mode and an entire THIRD difficulty. They still need to take care of Mediumcore, for :red:'s sake!
I'm working on a complete list of AI changes and additions for every single enemy currently in the game and then some for both Expert and Master Mode, and let me tell you now that it is a LOOOOT of work to even come UP with ideas for these guys. (Which, uh, Bame, if you're there: you wanna see that Doc or nah? I offered when responding to your questions, but I don't think I made the edit quickly enough.)

I found the idea you were thinking of:
Angel Heart:
Allows use of the 6th accessory slot (gained by consuming a Demon Heart) even when not on an Expert world.
Triples the reforgement buff on the item in said slot.
Turns the slot a golden color

How to Obtain:
Lunatic Cultist - 100% Chance (Expert Mode Only)

The fact that Relogic even decided to release a SECOND harder difficulty is both brash and ballsy as :red:, simply because of how poorly-done Expert Mode is and how much work would be required to make both a proper Expert Mode and an entire THIRD difficulty. They still need to take care of Mediumcore, for :red:'s sake!
Fully agreed again, expert mode I feel is poorly implemented and when I first saw Master mode was being made I internally sighed.
I'm working on a complete list of AI changes and additions for every single enemy currently in the game and then some for both Expert and Master Mode, and let me tell you now that it is a LOOOOT of work to even come UP with ideas for these guys. (Which, uh, Bame, if you're there: you wanna see that Doc or nah? I offered when responding to your questions, but I don't think I made the edit quickly enough.)
Every....single....enemy.... :dryadeek:
All due respect to Re-Logic but something tells me they'd be too lazy to do that.
Again, I agree that this would be far better than just artificially increasing difficulty but making enemies kill you in 4 hits. I'd love to see this when it's done, and I hope you get it done before 1.4.

(Well this turned into a suggestion thread quickly)

• Haha
Reactions: Bry
Back
Top Bottom