PC "could not find a direct3d device that supports the xna framework reach file"

ojohnson4

Terrarian
BglZJZW.png
BglZJZW

Getting this error when starting the game. I have played the game on this device (Windows 10 laptop) before but I have since bought a new SSD so this is a fresh install as of posting.
Updated graphics card drivers.
No "My Games" folder in documents to be able to find the Terraria files and delete any files from there.

Any help appreciated

Have you already attempted to restart your computer? Make sure your device has been fully powered off and do a shutdown. Reboot your computer and see if that does the trick.

How long ago were you able to run Terraria? You have no config.json to even delete right? You don't have hybrid graphics so that can't be it.

Lets do a clean install of your graphics drivers, not an update but a clean reinstall. We'll see if that works. Uninstall using the Control Panel and then reinstall using the Intel HD 520 Installer.

How long ago were you able to run Terraria? You have no config.json to even delete right? You don't have hybrid graphics so that can't be it.

Lets do a clean install of your graphics drivers, not an update but a clean reinstall. We'll see if that works. Uninstall using the Control Panel and then reinstall using the Intel HD 520 Installer.
Must have been at least a year ago.
Yep, correct. I don't have a "My Games" folder for some reason too.

Okay will do. I'll reply back when I've done.

Same thing happened to me. I tried all of the options possible, and turning on 3D acceleration.
I'm on a virtualbox running an experiment.
Probably noone's gonna get back to me since this was from 2 years ago.

I have this problem when starting TModLoader, but Terraria works normally, I am looking everywhere for something to solve this kk. I found a solution that is to download the Swift Shader 3.0 DLL and put it in the Microsoft XNA Framework Grafics folder, hence the TMODLoader starts, but everything is laggy. I deactivate the scenario and get a little better, but still lagging and that unbearable watermark that no one deserves. I'm looking for another solution.

Back
Top Bottom