Game Mechanics Could we get some more difficult achievements?

Conjo344

Queen Slime
Right now, pretty much every achievement in the game can be acquired simply by playing through the game normally. Can we have some more challenging achievements for more experienced players like myself? Here are a few suggestions:

Betrayal! - Get killed by the Companion Cube pet.

Slayer of GODS! - Defeat every boss in an Expert Mode world.

Something about a battle royale... - Play for two in-game weeks.

You played yourself. - Die to a trap you placed.

Not to be confused with Skeletron! - Kill a Dungeon Guardian.

Zero deaths! - Defeat the Moon Lord with a hardcore character.

UNSTOPPABLE! - Defeat the Moon Lord with a Hardcore character in expert mode.

You monster... - Kill a town NPC (summoning the wall of flesh doesn't count, you need to attack the npc yourself)

A little extra - Reach 600 Health and 400 Mana with a certain array of buffs and gear.

That's all I can think of for now, anyone else have any ideas?

They current achievements are fine as they are now. Most are progress based, with a few exceptions. We don't need all these difficult achievements(some of them you suggested aren't even difficult, no offense), as it will detour some people from "completing" the game. Some people like to complete their games without needing to play the hardest difficulty and not die. Now, you may wish for achievements that involve high difficulty or luck, and that's great, it is your opinion and I am not to be the judge of how you enjoy this game. But, the majority would not enjoy trying to obtain these achievements, thus making high difficulty achievements pointless and that is why they are mostly progress related. (And like I said earlier, there are a few exceptions. The 200 fishing quest is generally frowned upon, so why would we more achievements like that?)

I love this idea! It would keep the game interesting and gives more reasons to keep playing. I played through and got almost all the achievements on my first play through. It would give the player more to do than just trying to complete the game. I really like the Dungeon Guardian one haha. Actually all of your ideas are pretty good I wish I could think of some good ones to add...

The 200 fishing quest is generally frowned upon, so why would we more achievements like that?
The fishing quest achievement (and fishing in general) is just boring and tedious. People simply don't want to put in that much time monotonously standing still and clicking every couple seconds. But these suggested achievements add unique little touches of fun to the experience for veteran players. They give the player a simple way to freshen up the game with something new so that it doesn't become tedious.

It's the same kind of idea behind trying new play styles - class playthroughs and other challenges, adding rules and parameters to the run, mods, and even trying expert mode for the first time. The challenge isn't so ridiculously frustrating that it burns people out, but it's a change in pace from the typical experience. For example, if you've killed EoC once in normal mode, you've pretty much killed it all the times in normal mode. Forcing yourself to use different gear or trying to focus more on finesse can change the way you play and open you up to fun new possibilities. With these new achievements, it encourages players to try something they might not have considered trying before. Some of them are just goofy things with a "sure, why not?" air to them, while others are actual in-game challenges that can give the player a sense of accomplishment.

Hmm... Wouldn't really be that challenging to get (or original), but how more playtime achievements?
Happy New Year!
Play for one in-game year.

A Short Flight
Play for two in-game years.

It's Only Been 3744 Minutes
Play for three in-game years.

You monster... - Kill a town NPC (summoning the wall of flesh doesn't count, you need to attack the npc yourself)
well we only have 2 voodoo dolls and 2 npcs to kill them with: clothier and guide. there would need more bosses in terraria and more voodoo dolls for any type of town npc to die.

well we only have 2 voodoo dolls and 2 npcs to kill them with: clothier and guide. there would need more bosses in terraria and more voodoo dolls for any type of town npc to die.
Not necessarily. Lava works, as do rotten eggs. It might be nice to have more ways to kill them though.

Back
Top Bottom