• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

WIP Count Dracula npc

What do you think?

• It Should be added to terraria

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • This needs sprites

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • It should be added to a mod

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • *Randomly says Terraria*

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • This is missing something

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

ThunderBear06

Skeletron
Hello Terrarians, so during the Christmas season event Santa will come (After you defeat the snowman armie) but (#But) there's not a npc for Halloween. So I present to you... *in his accent* Count Dracula! *End of his accent*
This npc only comes after you have survived a solar eclipse on the Halloween season event. The contents of this npc:
  • This npc only has ONE name
  • This npc uses vampire knives on enemies.
  • This npc WON'T attack undead monsters including zombies and skeletrons but however can NOT take damage from them in turn
  • This npc will occasionally turn into a bat
  • This npc will wander at night and will stay inside during the day
  • This npc will NOT live in a house that's exposed to sun light.
  • By the end of the season event the player will hear the audio of laughing then the npc will disappear.
Here is counts dialog:
  • (When the player first talks to him) it's been a long time since you died but I'm sure you'll die in a really painfully soon.
  • I've known [Dryad's name] for over 5000 years.
  • I can smell [Merchants name]'s fear haha
  • blood is what I call a demons snack, I prefer apple juice
  • (During a blood moon) wow look at that red moon quite the sight.
  • So you saved that tax collecter, pity I so enjoyed his suffering
What this npc sells:
  • Vampire teeth
  • Jack o lantern
  • Skeleton
  • Crimtane (Only if the world has coruption in it)
  • Hanging eyeball
  • Fake blood (Dye)
  • Grave stone(s)
  • Death weed
  • Fiery food (Summons hell bat light pet)
If you have any suggestions on the npc please comment oh and I need sprites if there is a spriter here

Last edited:

NetLith

Terrarian
I like it! But maybe he would appear after a different event? I mean, the solar eclipse is a rare event. Maybe a more Halloween event?

Last edited:

Sigma90

Brain of Cthulhu
Interesting idea!
I think the Count should be more like Santa. Santa sells a bunch of Christmas items and decorations, so I think the Count should sell some Halloween decorations, probably by way of props since there are plenty of costumes from Goodie Bags.
Some suggestions for what the Count could sell:
Furniture: Skeleton (Humanoid), other Skeletrons for a few other iconic enemies (e.g. bat, imp, Demon Eye), graves.
Props: . . . Uhh… what do people normally put up? We don't celebrate Halloween in Australia, so expand as you see fit.
Pets: Have your own Vampire, Demon Eye, Zombie or Possessed Armour following you around!

In reference to the Dryad's age...
[Dryad's name] is quite the woman
… could be something else like "I've known [Dryad's name] for centuries."

And in reference to survival...
(When the player first talks to him) haha so you managed to survive this long haha how puny
… the Count could say something like "It's been [in-game Terraria days] days since you last died." Related to that, he could comment on your last death and mock you. E.g. "You were killed by [a/an thing]? Are you really that fragile?" Randomised insults optional!

For the Blood Moon...
(During a blood moon) there's something strange going on with the woman
… please no. The whole Blood Moon/period joke has been done to death. (Pun intended. :)) Perhaps have him comment about flying to a lake to drink his fill, though I realise you've implied the Count doesn't necessarily drink blood. (Reference to water turning a blood colour during a Blood Moon.)

One for the Tax Collector, if saved: "You rescued [Tax Collector] from eternal damnation? I was enjoying his suffering."

ThunderBear06

Skeletron
Interesting idea!
I think the Count should be more like Santa. Santa sells a bunch of Christmas items and decorations, so I think the Count should sell some Halloween decorations, probably by way of props since there are plenty of costumes from Goodie Bags.
Some suggestions for what the Count could sell:
Furniture: Skeleton (Humanoid), other Skeletrons for a few other iconic enemies (e.g. bat, imp, Demon Eye), graves.
Props: . . . Uhh… what do people normally put up? We don't celebrate Halloween in Australia, so expand as you see fit.
Pets: Have your own Vampire, Demon Eye, Zombie or Possessed Armour following you around!

In reference to the Dryad's age...

… could be something else like "I've known [Dryad's name] for centuries."

And in reference to survival...

… the Count could say something like "It's been [in-game Terraria days] days since you last died." Related to that, he could comment on your last death and mock you. E.g. "You were killed by [a/an thing]? Are you really that fragile?" Randomised insults optional!

For the Blood Moon...

… please no. The whole Blood Moon/period joke has been done to death. (Pun intended. :)) Perhaps have him comment about flying to a lake to drink his fill, though I realise you've implied the Count doesn't necessarily drink blood. (Reference to water turning a blood colour during a Blood Moon.)

One for the Tax Collector, if saved: "You rescued [Tax Collector] from eternal damnation? I was enjoying his suffering."
Those are great ideas I'll add some

Soporific

Steampunker
If this did get added it would be more fitting to have it only during Halloween time. This is a great suggestion though keep up the good work

ThunderBear06

Skeletron
This npc only comes after you have survived a solar eclipse on the Halloween season event. The contents of this npc:
  • This npc only has ONE name
  • This npc uses vampire knives on enemies.
  • This npc WON'T attack undead monsters including zombies and skeletrons but however can NOT take damage from them in turn
  • This npc will occasionally turn into a bat
  • This npc will wander at night and will stay inside during the day
  • This npc will NOT live in a house that's exposed to sun light.
  • By the end of the season event the player will hear the audio of laughing then the npc will disappear.
Here is counts dialog:
  • (When the player first talks to him) it's been a long time since you died but I'm sure you'll die in a really painfully soon.
  • I've known [Dryad's name] for over 5000 years.
  • I can smell [Merchants name]'s fear haha
  • blood is what I call a demons snack, I prefer apple juice
  • (During a blood moon) wow look at that red moon quite the sight.
  • So you saved that tax collecter, pity I so enjoyed his suffering
What this npc sells:
  • Vampire teeth
  • Jack o lantern
  • Skeleton
  • Crimtane (Only if the world has coruption in it)
  • Hanging eyeball
  • Fake blood (Dye)
  • Grave stone(s)
  • Death weed
  • Fiery food (Summons hell bat light pet)
If you have any suggestions on the npc please comment oh and I need sprites if there is a spriter here
Hello Terrarians, so during the Christmas season event Santa will come (After you defeat the snowman armie) but (#But) there's not a npc for Halloween. So I present to you... *in his accent* Count Dracula! *End of his accent*
This npc only comes after you have survived a solar eclipse on the Halloween season event
Are you still sure about that

Daniel16

Terrarian
I like it but I wanna know more about the items he sells and I wanna see some sprites.But overall...Support

ThunderBear06

Skeletron
I like it but I wanna know more about the items he sells and I wanna see some sprites.But overall...Support
Well like I said the teeth are like a costume part. Jack o lantern is decor. The skeleton is all ready in the game it hangs on the walls I do believe. As for the hanging eye ball its a Chandelier.

DeadlySoul

Steampunker
So...this npc will spawn after we defeated a solar eclipse during halloween ?
I have a question about the items he sells,Gravestone,does he sells the golden one or the normal one ?
Also when you have this npc spawn,the clothier should sell his clothes(Count Dracula clothes).
That's all

ThatRandomBuilderGuy

Eye of Cthulhu
Support! We need one for Halloween.
Maybe he sells crimstone/ebonstone (can’t remember name)
Also maybe demonite ore if corruption world?
Maybe he sells some kind of blood paint?

ThunderBear06

Skeletron
So...this npc will spawn after we defeated a solar eclipse during halloween ?
I have a question about the items he sells,Gravestone,does he sells the golden one or the normal one ?
Also when you have this npc spawn,the clothier should sell his clothes(Count Dracula clothes).
That's all

Top Bottom