Weapons & Equip Craft-able finch staff

Noahblast20

Official Terrarian
It’s what it says on the tin. The finch staff is extremely easy to get but most worlds don’t have one. So, to avoid world hopping. I propose a recipe.
1 bird
1 bird’s nest
12 wood
At a living loom.
Every single part of this recipe is a reference to the item itself.

Also.
Bird’s nest:
Material.
Can be worn in hat slot
“Two birds with one stone”

It acts like the finch staff summon without the summon. It is a hat. It is a common drop from shaking a tree.

Suggestion over.

Last edited:
Definitely like the idea. You can turn a living wood wand into a finch staff with shimmer, but it's pretty difficult early game

Thanks for commenting on the suggestion! I completely forgot about the wood wand shimmering effect. I still do agree with your reasoning however.

The Finch Staff is bad enough that having it be craftable with a simple and easy recipe wouldn't be a problem at all. Just for people who want to do a summoner run (outside of Journey Mode) so they can get a weapon right away without having to rely on a lucky find.

I agree, finch staff shouldn’t be so difficult to get, it took me a long while to get one for my brother in our master mode playthrough. The bird may be a problem, but not a major one.

How about a rare bird found by shaking trees and THEN you can craft it with that. so you need a net at least

The bird item doesn’t drop from shaking trees, it just spawns a bird. And would you want to start a playthrough by shaking tons of trees?

No, but you already have to shake a bunch of trees just to get enough wood for building so maybe it wouldn't be so bad.
…you can build things without shaking trees?
you should throw in some gels to make sure the nest stick.
First:
1B6B737A-3E97-451E-B5D0-8DD2055AD699.jpeg

Second: either the finch nest is common and annoyingly fills up the chests of people who get it, or it’s rare and we fall into the rarity trap again…

…you can build things without shaking trees?

First:View attachment 392365
Second: either the finch nest is common and annoyingly fills up the chests of people who get it, or it’s rare and we fall into the rarity trap again…
But it would still be better than world hopping trap, no?
edit: nevermind, I just realize you mean the abysmal drop rate of the wand from shaking tree. I was thinking of not that rare. I can't really understand the design choice of not making these things guarantee to appear in a world.

But I mean, if you don't want it anymore then you can just sell it or even discard it, at most it would be as annoying as getting acorn when you just want wood and don't plan to plant any new tree.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom