tModLoader Craftable Rod of Discord

PieFlavoredPie

Skeletron Prime
Hello Terraria community!

This mod adds a crafting recipe for the Rod of Discord to the game (as the title suggests ;P)
The RoD is one of my favorite items, but having to grind for it is really annoying. I haven't found a mod that adds a recipe for it yet, so I made my own!
I've got more features planned for this mod - I mean clearly it's nothing but a recipe right now. I'm planning to add new variants of the RoD. Some of which will be more powerful than others at the cost of a more difficult recipe.

• Rod of Accord - Easy early-hardmode variant. Longer cooldown (10s) for the Chaos State debuff.
>This makes into the regular RoD
Once you craft the Rod of Accord into the normal RoD, you can then make the Lunar Transporter.
  • Lunar Transporter - Post Lunatic Cultist item. Half the cooldown of the regular RoD (3s)
  • Planet Hopper - Post Moon Lord item. No cooldown. Spam away!

Anyway - enough mumbo jumbo. The *updated* recipe is as follows (open to suggestions whether I should change it or not):
1x Rainbow Rod (Thank you Pikasour for the suggestion!)
10x Soul of Might
10x Soul of Fright
12x Hallowed Bar
5x Greater Mana Potion
1x Teleporter

Download:

Dropbox Link
You can get the mod from the tModLoader mod browser!

As this is my first mod, any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Happy teleporting :)

Last edited:
Looks like a nice little mod. Maybe the planet hopper could also allow you to teleport anywhere on the map.

The materials used for it are mostly fine, but maybe you could add the Rainbow Rod and remove the souls of light and sight?

The materials used for it are mostly fine, but maybe you could add the Rainbow Rod and remove the souls of light and sight?
Oh, I like that idea.

EDIT: I implemented this idea into the new version, which is also updated for the latest tModLoader version.

Last edited:
I like the Idea of the Planet Hopper, but as it stands the mod is a little lack luster. ImkSushi's mod already gives a recipe for the RoD that is much easier to craft, so until these new variations come out I don't see the reason to use this mod.

I like the Idea of the Planet Hopper, but as it stands the mod is a little lack luster. ImkSushi's mod already gives a recipe for the RoD that is much easier to craft, so until these new variations come out I don't see the reason to use this mod.
Yeah. It was before there were any recipes for a craft able rod. But I might come back to it if I get time.

Back
Top Bottom