Console Crafting menu interface

Shin

Terrarian
I don't know if this has been addressed, I've looked through a lot of pages of the forum but there's like 90 something pages. I originally played the Xbox 360 version and thoroughly enjoyed it, but bought the Xbox One version because there's more in it. I've tried to make it work but I just can't stand the crafting menu. Unless I'm mistaken, you need to have the required materials on you while using the appropriate crafting station to even see the recipe instead of the recipe unlocking once you discover the required crafting station and all requisite ingredients. It's been like a year since I've played Terraria and I certainly don't remember all the recipes, and the idea of using a wiki or something every time I want to play doesn't sound appealing. I'd very much prefer an option to use the Xbox 360 menus, I just don't understand the reasoning for the change other than to make it feel more than the same product repackaged. I think Minecraft did something similar and destroyed any remaining interest I had at fiddling with it, that's not a big deal but Terraria is actually fun and I'd like to enjoy it without such a clumsy feeling menu.

I don't know if this has been addressed, I've looked through a lot of pages of the forum but there's like 90 something pages. I originally played the Xbox 360 version and thoroughly enjoyed it, but bought the Xbox One version because there's more in it. I've tried to make it work but I just can't stand the crafting menu. Unless I'm mistaken, you need to have the required materials on you while using the appropriate crafting station to even see the recipe instead of the recipe unlocking once you discover the required crafting station and all requisite ingredients. It's been like a year since I've played Terraria and I certainly don't remember all the recipes, and the idea of using a wiki or something every time I want to play doesn't sound appealing. I'd very much prefer an option to use the Xbox 360 menus, I just don't understand the reasoning for the change other than to make it feel more than the same product repackaged. I think Minecraft did something similar and destroyed any remaining interest I had at fiddling with it, that's not a big deal but Terraria is actually fun and I'd like to enjoy it without such a clumsy feeling menu.
If you have an item that says ‘Material’ you can give it to the Guide and he will list out everything that can be made with that item, even if you’ve never come in contact with any of the other ingredients.

Talk to the Guide, choose the ‘Crafting’ option, and then place the material in the slot. He’ll show you everything that can be made with that material.

Well I didn't know that, so I suppose that would help with needing a wiki, but I still feel that's a more contrived method of browsing recipes. I know that when I'm building on the Xbox 360 version, I don't even know I want to building something sometimes until I'm looking through the recipe's I've unlocked and something catches me eye. So far it seems like it'd still be faster to look online than use the guide, though I'm glad he's an option. I still would like an option for the menu of the old ways, not a forced reworking for those already used to the newer menus or those who prefer it. Even if you want to disable the achievements and force only solo or local play for when it's used I'd so much more prefer to use the old menus, if there was a way to measure my enjoyment in playing the game numerically it would go up by a factor of 10.

i totally agree i want to see an option for a legacy crafting menu since i started playing with the 360 version and i miss the old crafting menu

Back
Top Bottom