Blocks & Decoration Crafting with Coralstone + Hay

Giauque

Terrarian
This being my first Terrarian Halloween, I've been running around like a kid in a candy store. Costumes! Pumpkins! Hay! I've been pretty much thrilled with everything... except the hay. (And apparently you can't search 'hay' on the forums because it's only three letters - so I hope this hasn't been beaten to death already!)

I was disappointed to find that the only thing hay was good for was building. Not even any vanity items? I thought morosely. I was hoping for some more decorations - a scarecrow, maybe, or some hay bales. I still have way too many stacks of hay, so I decided to bring some suggestions here. Maybe there'll be more use for it yet! Here are a few ideas I had for crafting recipes; obviously open to all kinds of things, but I stuck mostly to decorative items, myself.

Scarecrow
- 10 Silk
- 15 Hay
- 1 Wood (could do a hanging scarecrow for wall placement, too - just nix the wood)

Hay Bale
- 20 Hay
- 2 Rope

Haystack
- 30 Hay

Hayride/Hay Wagon
- 30 Wood
- 20 Hay

And of course, we could have a hay furniture set (who doesn't wanna play the hay piano, right?), too, to complete the dreams of Terrarians everywhere. You could have an entire hay house. (Which would be great, until a Big Bad Wolf mob came along.)

Thinking about all the possibilities for hay made me sad about Coralstone Blocks again, too. They're gorgeous, but... there aren't even craftable Coralstone Block Walls. How can we have underwater merparty houses without matching background walls (and tables, and chairs, and lamps, and bookcases...)? I'd love to see more Coralstone items, and I'm sure I'm not alone! I noticed some of the other suggestions about Coralstone caverns in the ocean, and I think more Coralstone items would go hand-in-hand with that, too!

So, tl;dr: more crafting options for Hay and Coralstone, please (and any other orphaned building blocks I might have missed; these two just happened to have caught my attention)!

Last edited:
It would be hilarious to have a gun that shoots hay, called the "Haymaker".

Haha, I'd love that. Even if it was essentially a joke weapon that did 1 dmg and destroyed the hay, it'd be fun. (After all, it's mad easy to harvest.)

/FULL SUPPORT

I was let down to know that Hay had such a low construction value. It's fun to use it to make the 3 little pig's house out of Hay for the roofing, but the fun stops there. I would like to see it have a little more use than just block stacking.

Back
Top Bottom